ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 48
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
ghak99 12:17 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Those poor people who had to finish the ride. JFC that's gonna take years of counseling...
I'm guessing they were family or friends??

For their sake, I hope the boy was not actually on the raft as the ride finished. Looking back to see and then react to the events after he flew up and off the raft would be bad enough, but him landing back on them and the raft would make the worst of horror movie nightmares seem like rainbows and unicorns. Hopefully, however it happened, it was in a way that was the least traumatic for everyone involved.

I can't even imagine the family's grief. Everyone from the operator who strapped him in to the people in the water at the bottom of the ride will be affected by this in some way.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:18 PM 08-08-2016
I hope for the other people's sake....that he was in the back of the raft and not in the front.
[Reply]
Fish 12:20 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I hope for the other people's sake....that he was in the back of the raft and not in the front.
Reports saying he was in the front seat....
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:21 PM 08-08-2016
Back in the day when a person Died on the EXP or Timberwolf most people wouldn't think about someone dying on the ride, but I think now with the internet most people are going to have a sick feeling even looking at that ride.
[Reply]
eDave 12:23 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
suing for what? for your kid being under the age requirement to ride the slide? the park should sue the parents for raising a stupid kid
Edgy. You'd sue the shit out of them too if it were your child.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:24 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Hrmmm....so how do you get decapitated on that?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:29 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Your head comes off if you bounce up
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:34 PM 08-08-2016
I'd say if the kid met the weight and height requirements, the park is still fucked.

I don't think being the needed size, but 4 years older, would have kept his head on. They're going to have a hard time proving the slide was completely safe.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:35 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'd say if the kid met the weight and height requirements, the park is still ****ed.

I don't think being the needed size, but 4 years older, would have kept his head on. They're going to have a hard time proving the slide was completely safe.
I feel horribly for the family, but I can't fathom why the parents would let the kid on the ride in the first place. That is insanely stupid.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:37 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I feel horribly for the family, but I can't fathom why the parents would let the kid on the ride in the first place. That is insanely stupid.
Very much so. No way my kid would get on any shit like that.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:37 PM 08-08-2016
Insane.
RIP little guy.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 12:39 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'd say that they're probably going to end up having to dismantle that ride.
The Timberwolf is still open even though that girl died on it. But with the onslaught of social media, they are probably going to have to dismantle it. Will be interesting to see what an investigation says and how he came up off that raft.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:40 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You bounce up and a small head could get in the netting or strike a support. At that speed, it's going to be traumatic.
[Reply]
tooge 12:42 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
I saw one in Saudi Arabia. The head continued to scream for a bit. Then it turned all waxy and greenish. Odd thing to see at 16.
Um, without lungs and a diaphram to push air past the vocal chords, there wouldn't be any screaming. Just some gurgling noises I'd guess
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:44 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...ideo/11421473/

Originally Posted by :
"It's dangerous, but it's a safe dangerous now," Henry says. "Schlitterbahn is a family water park, but this isn't a family ride. It's for the thrill seekers of the world, people into extreme adventure."
People like 10-year-old kids.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 48
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up