ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali
DeezNutz 08:33 PM 09-20-2009
Has anyone seen him? His friends and family are worried.

What happened to our impact LB? The sack machine? The difference maker?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:54 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by doomy3:
There is absolutely NO evidence to support your claim. None.

You are simply making an assumption based on what you thought going into the game. The fact is we held the Raiders to a 2.7 YPC average for 25 carries. If they would have kept pounding the ball, and we would have kept holding them to that average, then it is a moot point. That is entirely possible. Same as your assumption that they would have improved their average and started breaking some long runs. THat is exactly what it is, an assumption. With absolutely no statistical or factual base.
Really? None?

Last year? Last week?

I think there is plenty of evidence to support the fact that if the Raiders had chosen to constantly run the ball at the Chiefs instead of throwing on first and second down, resulting in punts, that they would have worn the Chiefs out and won by a significant margin.

Not just by three points.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:57 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The defense can be blamed for this loss.

JaMarcuss Russell was awful. He wasn't awful because the Chiefs defense was awesome, series after series. It was because he fucking sucks ass. If he had even been 15 of 24 instead of 7 of 24, the game wouldn't have been close.

If Tom Cable hadn't called the worst fucking game I've ever seen, this game wouldn't have been close because he would have pounded the Chiefs with the run the entire game.

Lane Kiffen makes Tom Cable look like one of Jerry's Kids.
But he did call a shitty game, and the defense stopped the plays he called, until Clancy pissed the bed on the last drive.

Are they worldbeaters? No.

Did they do the things we all said during the week that they needed to do to win?

Absolutely.

Trust me, there will be plenty of weeks to blame the defense coming up.

Sunday wasn't one of them, IMO. (though the lack of passrush is disturbing)
[Reply]
doomy3 09:58 PM 09-21-2009
Really? None?

Last year? Last week?

I think there is plenty of evidence to support the fact that if the Raiders had chosen to constantly run the ball at the Chiefs instead of throwing on first and second down, resulting in punts, that they would have worn the Chiefs out and won by a significant margin.

Not just by three points.
I'm not going to pretend to know that they would have continued to shut the run down if they would have run it 25 more times. I will leave the wild guesses stated as fact for you to make.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 PM 09-21-2009
NO they are not worldbeaters but are they as bad a defense as they showed in week one...no...hopefully not. WHen you look at the defense there is actually talent there. When you are playing against NFL caliber talent you have to have 11 guys knowing what to do and doing it. One breakdown and it's a positive play for the offense. Look at the Ravens D. are all 11 guys pro bowlers? No but they play extremelly well together. the chiefs actually have a decent secondary minus the linebackers. and the d line is improving. they are all so young. again look at the great d's in the league. how long have they been together?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:07 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by doomy3:
I'm not going to pretend to know that they would have continued to shut the run down if they would have run it 25 more times. I will leave the wild guesses stated as fact for you to make.
Thanks
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
But he did call a shitty game, and the defense stopped the plays he called, until Clancy pissed the bed on the last drive.

Are they worldbeaters? No.

Did they do the things we all said during the week that they needed to do to win?

Absolutely.

Trust me, there will be plenty of weeks to blame the defense coming up.

Sunday wasn't one of them, IMO. (though the lack of passrush is disturbing)
I guess.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing on Sunday.

Cable is a paper eating moron.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 PM 09-21-2009
Why do you guys think they keep running Russell out there? THink he will ever get better? He tries to throw bullets everywhere he has no touch.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 PM 09-21-2009
I guess he just figured we were stopping the run and he had to throw. I dunno. Maybe it was coming from big Al wanting to see that LSU arm rocket it everywhere.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:12 PM 09-21-2009
So what did we learn the defense is pretty good against a bad team but gets railed by a good one?

Guess we'll find out with the schedule now...
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 PM 09-21-2009
Yeah could be the case but hopefully not... yeah the schedule i gonna get pretty nasty the next few. but he skins are bad and the eagles with no mcbabb .. and the giants...well ............... and i don't necessarily think the Raiders offense is bad other than Russell.... they have a good run game and that has hurt the chiefs badly in the past. maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:16 PM 09-21-2009
I guess.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing on Sunday.

Cable is a paper eating moron.
Can't argue there.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah could be the case but hopefully not... yeah the schedule i gonna get pretty nasty the next few. but he skins are bad and the eagles with no mcbabb .. and the giants...well ............... and i don't necessarily think the Raiders offense is bad other than Russell.... they have a good run game and that has hurt the chiefs badly in the past. maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel
That Giants matchup is nasty.....that's one of those ones if no one gets hurt it'll be a good day.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:18 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That Giants matchup is nasty.....that's one of those ones if no one gets hurt it'll be a good day.
Haley seriously had better have more than two QB's active that day.

JFC.

It could get really ugly.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 PM 09-21-2009
Yeah...but they are without Tuck maybe so thats a little relief.. I'd shit a golden egg if the chiefs pulled that one off.. What do ya think bout the Cowboys matchup Mecca?
[Reply]
doomy3 10:20 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So what did we learn the defense is pretty good against a bad team but gets railed by a good one?

Guess we'll find out with the schedule now...
One thing that the first two games tell me is that after two games we have a better defense than the Chargers. Playing against the same exact teams, we have a better defense than the Chargers through two weeks. I think that is a positive. Also a positive is that we had a good gameplan against the Raiders offense, and executed it well.

We are sorely missing a pass rush though, and that will hurt us all year.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up