ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 299
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:54 PM 01-31-2010
One other issue that has killed the team. JAMSAM in particular: picking up fouls while hedging on a screen 30 feet from the hoop. He had at least one of those last night. That shit has got to be reigned in. This team needs him on the floor to be great.

To his credit, when he dialed up that three - without hesitation - I was saying "No" like a chick to Sherron in the Towers elevator, but JAMSAM hit it hit it hit it.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:56 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
One other issue that has killed the team. JAMSAM in particular: picking up fouls while hedging on a screen 30 feet from the hoop. He had at least one of those last night. That shit has got to be reigned in. This team needs him on the floor to be great.

To his credit, when he dialed up that three - without hesitation - I was saying "No" like a chick to Sherron in the Towers elevator, but JAMSAM hit it hit it hit it.
I believe he has hit a high percentage from the 3 since conference play began - he only takes 1 or 2 a game. I feel comfortable w/ him shooting it when he's wide open.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:57 PM 01-31-2010
Man. We return everyone next year except a guy who barely played in the 2nd half, and a streaky PG (who I love, BTW) who went 4-15 last night.

Hope we return our coach.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 03:08 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Man. We return everyone next year except a guy who barely played in the 2nd half, and a streaky PG (who I love, BTW) who went 4-15 last night.

I think Frank'll be back. Currie has to realize what he's done with this program in such a short time and give him some compensation. Add to the fact that by all accounts, Frank is a loyal guy and if K-State shows some loyalty, I think he'll be back. Gawd, I really hope he is.

In terms of returning players, I would tell Dom to do nothing this summer but shoot jumpers. Then, in practices/scrimmages, I would call him for a foul on stupid sh*t just like what happens in real games to help him adjust to referees. Only problem with that is that I don't want him to lose any aggressiveness... Anyway, I trust Frank to figure out how to maximize Dominique's impact as a Senior.

And I like Denis, but it may be addition by subtraction next year. The guy's got all the speed in the world, but got beat by a backdoor screen by Brady freaking Morningstar last night that really hurt us. I love the emotion that he brings, but sometimes he lets it get the better of him and jacks up some ridiculous shots (see: the last 3 he took in OT last night) and does other things that hurt the team.

I love the idea of Frank leading a team of...

Pullen/Russell
McGruder/Irving
Sutton/Samuels/Southwell(SF or PF?)
Judge/Kelly
Asprilla/Henriquez

Maybe a few positions are out of whack, but whatever. Looks pretty freaking solid/deep to me.
[Reply]
kstater 03:41 PM 01-31-2010
Katz have lost there 3 years running, no?
True, I feel this team is much more capable of going in and winning this year.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:44 PM 01-31-2010
Saul or anybody: Going to Lincoln?
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:49 PM 01-31-2010

Why wouldn't Martin be back?
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:49 PM 01-31-2010
Saul or anybody: Going to Lincoln?
Yep

I leave Tuesday morning. I have a client (KSU fan) that I'm taking that lives in Omaha.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:51 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Why wouldn't Martin be back?
Depends on how Haith does at Miami, me thinks.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 04:55 PM 01-31-2010
I don't see Frank leaving while Pullen is still here. He really loves that kid.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:12 PM 01-31-2010
Why in the world wouldn't K-State throw the bank at him?

I guess I'm lost.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:08 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Why in the world wouldn't K-State throw the bank at him?

I guess I'm lost.
we've had to spend quite a bit lately on buying sacks of shit, if you hadn't noticed.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 07:20 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
we've had to spend quite a bit lately on buying sacks of shit, if you hadn't noticed.
Ron Prince?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:37 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Ron Prince?
Prince/Krausse scam.

The rehire of Snyder (and subsequent bungle of the hire of Patterson). The failure of Weiser to plan and build the Bball practice facility.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 07:43 PM 01-31-2010
Prince/Krausse scam.

The rehire of Snyder (and subsequent bungle of the hire of Patterson). The failure of Weiser to plan and build the Bball practice facility.
Rough. KU looks like it's going to fail at building it's gridiron club. I mean who wants to pay $500 a game for lousy seats.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 299
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up