ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 173
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 02:39 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is an odd thing to say.

Despite the drops, Rice has still been a pretty big positive. Of course it could be worse.
I was saying for snaps and such, the one that is throwing me off is how good Tank Dell has been, don't think anyone saw that.

Jayden Reed and Josh Downs I expected them to be very good in their roles..Addison and Flowers basically as advertised...

QJ and Njigba have been disappointing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:40 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im tellin ya. Drops are the least important issue for a WR. The diff between league best and league worst is not even statistically significant year to year. It just happens. Some guys more prone but barely a big deal
A simple drop isn’t a big issue. Statistically speaking, it’s basically nil.

I’m more worried about potential of deeper issues.

Guy drops too many balls and he can lose confidence in himself while the QB and coaches also lose confidence in him. If he gets in his head about it, it can derail a promising career. There is a psychological element to it.

Plus, obviously we’ve had some issues with dropped balls leading to INTs and those frustrate the hell out of me.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:50 PM 09-27-2023
I’m not counting on him being able to improve the drops by a huge measure, but I do think he will learn to focus on the ball till it’s in his hands more. I just think it’s part of him as a player. He will make a lot of incredible plays, it I think he will always have focus drops.

He’s very very similar to Dwayne Bowe in that sense, but he’s a lot more focused than Bowe ever was (even during Haley years) and I think he will have similar production to Bowe.

As someone else said, we just need to hope that his drops don’t change games by tipped pick 6s.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:55 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A simple drop isn’t a big issue. Statistically speaking, it’s basically nil.

I’m more worried about potential of deeper issues.

Guy drops too many balls and he can lose confidence in himself while the QB and coaches also lose confidence in him. If he gets in his head about it, it can derail a promising career. There is a psychological element to it.

Plus, obviously we’ve had some issues with dropped balls leading to INTs and those frustrate the hell out of me.
I wonder if mahomes is more annoyed by drops or players not hitting their spots. By his body language it seems to be the latter. And despite rices inexperience he seems like one of the best in the WR room already. As long as he keeps getting open, I think that’ll continue to keep his confidence up as he works on the drops.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:58 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wonder if mahomes is more annoyed by drops or players not hitting their spots. By his body language it seems to be the latter. And despite rices inexperience he seems like one of the best in the WR room already. As long as he keeps getting open, I think that’ll continue to keep his confidence up as he works on the drops.
Probably both.

Beinemy said it a couple years back: Mahomes is a competitive prick lol
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:59 PM 09-27-2023
Plus we saw an INT last year against the 49ers due to Moore not being where he was supposed to be. Obviously we’ve seen many INTs resulting from drops.

Doesn’t matter which is the case, the worst case scenario is a turnover. Best case is still no gain and loss of down.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:34 PM 10-01-2023
We sure his drops are NBD?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:36 PM 10-01-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He’s awful.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:37 PM 10-01-2023
It would be super nice to have WRs who could catch the football, that’s for sure.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:44 PM 10-01-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They're becoming a tad more worrisome.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:48 PM 10-01-2023
Paddy
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:09 PM 10-01-2023
Just when Wilson was about to become a career back somewhere Spags revives his career!
[Reply]
Womble 10:07 PM 10-01-2023
Every ****ing week with this guy. We should have done everything possible to move up for Zay Flowers in the draft. Now we're stuck just hoping that Rashee can learn to catch an uncontested pass after 15+ years of practicing it every day. Obviously I'm pulling for the kid but when you see easy drops every game your faith starts to wain.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:09 PM 10-01-2023
I think they did try moving up for Flowers.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 PM 10-01-2023
I think he's gonna be good but he just needs time. He's an excellent chain mover that gets YAC so effectively. Keep doing that and slowly work some new stuff in.

The drops suck but you know who else had bad drops as a rookie? Devante Adams. Not saying Rice is Adams but this is fixable.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 173
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Up