ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 173
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:24 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Excited to see this guy with full time reps. Though i do hope he's hitting the jugs machine hard. He's been inconsistent catching the ball since preseason.

We don't really care that it caused Gabbert an INT, but if that were Mahomes getting credited with the INT off a tipped pass, we'd be livid.
Kind of reminds me a bit at times of Tyreeks issue with letting the ball get to his chest that bounced off and became an interception.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:27 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Kind of reminds me a bit at times of Tyreeks issue with letting the ball get to his chest that bounced off and became an interception.
Sometimes it's off his chest, sometimes it's off his hands. It's concerning.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:43 AM 09-27-2023
If he can get it figured out he'll thrive in the offense with his skillset
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:57 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
If he can get it figured out he'll thrive in the offense with his skillset
This isn’t a new issue with him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 09-27-2023
Yeah - like I said, too many of these aren't concentration drops at this point. It's the only major concern I have with him.

These are technique drops and they're harder to fix. Sometimes its just a mental block; think of guys like Amari Cooper who normally had soft hands and for a year just shit the bed every time he was thrown to.

Guys can get over the mental block and their technique follows suit because they're not pressing. That's my hope here with Rice.

Otherwise it may be a bumpy road while he irons that out.
[Reply]
TEX 11:24 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
This isn’t a new issue with him.
Correct. That's why it should be concerning.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:27 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
These are technique drops and they're harder to fix. Sometimes its just a mental block; think of guys like Amari Cooper who normally had soft hands and for a year just shit the bed every time he was thrown to.

Guys can get over the mental block and their technique follows suit because they're not pressing. That's my hope here with Rice.
Yeah that's where im at with it too. He may be pressing a little. Some of it may still be the speed of the game; thinking too much.

Continue giving him reps and hope it becomes more consistent. Hopefully no game changing drops/deflections occur in the mean time.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:28 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - like I said, too many of these aren't concentration drops at this point. It's the only major concern I have with him.

Otherwise it may be a bumpy road while he irons that out.
Two seasons ago we saw Mahomes throw 5 interceptions that bounced off of a recievers hands/body. Hopefully he can work it out. I honestly think the Gabbert pick had as much to do with not having the reps together as it did with Rice having poor technique.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:03 PM 09-27-2023
Throw him the damn ball. He needs to lead our WRs in snaps.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:18 PM 09-27-2023
I likes what I sees. Dude just has the look of an NFL WR.

Not a fan of the drops, though. Hilarious that a guy can have every requirement needed to excel as an NFL player but his greatest weakness is literally the most important skill for his position- catching the fucking football lol
[Reply]
rico 02:31 PM 09-27-2023
Off to a better start than Jonathan Baldwin got off to and I had way higher expectations for Baldwin!

High ceiling with this kid! He’s surprising me!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I likes what I sees. Dude just has the look of an NFL WR.

Not a fan of the drops, though. Hilarious that a guy can have every requirement needed to excel as an NFL player but his greatest weakness is literally the most important skill for his position- catching the fucking football lol
Im tellin ya. Drops are the least important issue for a WR. The diff between league best and league worst is not even statistically significant year to year. It just happens. Some guys more prone but barely a big deal
[Reply]
Mecca 02:35 PM 09-27-2023
It could be worse Quintin Johnston so far is a bum...Williams tears his ACL and Josh Palmer is gonna get the spot.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:38 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It could be worse Quintin Johnston so far is a bum...Williams tears his ACL and Josh Palmer is gonna get the spot.
This is an odd thing to say.

Despite the drops, Rice has still been a pretty big positive. Of course it could be worse.
[Reply]
O.city 02:39 PM 09-27-2023
Some guys just struggle with drops
[Reply]
Page 85 of 173
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Up