Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
best nickname i've heard for burrow

"joeverrated"

:-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:31 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Yep, he's already laying the groundwork....
It almost shocks me to say that he seems to be the only one that understands it's not a smart move to try and sign Chase AND Higgins. I think Duke Tobin wants to be able to say, "see, we can do it this way" so he looks like the smartest guy in the room, when it's a bad idea.

No need to try and re-invent the wheel. There's a tried and true formula for building a consistenly good team and that way is not to sign an elite QB and 2 top skill players on offense.

Tee should have already been dealt for draft picks. Unless he's willing to take a discount, they're going to lose him next year and get nothing in return, or they're actually going to pay him and then lose a couple other guys on defense and "hope" the draft fills those needs. But, we are talking about the Bengals so it should come as no suprise.

The only way any of that works is if multiple guys agree to take discounts and i don't see that happening.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:32 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
best nickname i've heard for burrow

"joeverrated"

:-)
OMG! That's so funny!!!

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:48 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
It almost shocks me to say that he seems to be the only one that understands it's not a smart move to try and sign Chase AND Higgins. I think Duke Tobin wants to be able to say, "see, we can do it this way" so he looks like the smartest guy in the room, when it's a bad idea.

No need to try and re-invent the wheel. There's a tried and true formula for building a consistenly good team and that way is not to sign an elite QB and 2 top skill players on offense.

Tee should have already been dealt for draft picks. Unless he's willing to take a discount, they're going to lose him next year and get nothing in return, or they're actually going to pay him and then lose a couple other guys on defense and "hope" the draft fills those needs. But, we are talking about the Bengals so it should come as no suprise.

The only way any of that works is if multiple guys agree to take discounts and i don't see that happening.
I mean, we’ve been saying this for a while. It’s why we lost Reek. Luckily we have Kelce, who is willing to take a discount to stay in KC and basically be our #1 receiver. Let’s see how good Jooooooooverated is when he doesn’t have 2 #1 WRs to throw to. I think he’ll be a lot like the last 16 (including himself) losing SB quarterbacks. Won’t ever get back.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:42 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I mean, we’ve been saying this for a while. It’s why we lost Reek. Luckily we have Kelce, who is willing to take a discount to stay in KC and basically be our #1 receiver. Let’s see how good Jooooooooverated is when he doesn’t have 2 #1 WRs to throw to. I think he’ll be a lot like the last 16 (including himself) losing SB quarterbacks. Won’t ever get back.
He doesn't need two #1s. He had a 100 rating last year in the 4 games without Chase. Higgins led all WRs in yardage those 4 games as well. I've always felt having Tee and Boyd keeps Chase from his full potential. Only so many targets to go around.

Chase is already widely considered the 2nd or 3rd best WR with those two guys taking numbers away from him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:27 PM 07-24-2023
He doesn't need two #1s. He had a 100 rating last year in the 4 games without Chase. Higgins led all WRs in yardage those 4 games as well. I've always felt having Tee and Boyd keeps Chase from his full potential. Only so many targets to go around.

Chase is already widely considered the 2nd or 3rd best WR with those two guys taking numbers away from him.
Why do you always cite QB rating, when we all know it’s essentially meaningless?

Let’s look at those 4 games…

The first was a 32-13 loss to the hapless Browns. 2 TDs, 2 turnovers, 5 sacks for Joverrated.

The next was a win vs the terrible Panthers. Cincy scored a lot of points, but mostly due to 200 rushing yds, rather than Joe’s 206 yds and 1 passing TD.

Next was a win vs a bad Pittsburgh team. Burrow had pretty good stats overall but threw two picks.

And in the last game, Burrow threw 1 TD and completed 59% of his passes.

Scary!
[Reply]
Lzen 07:26 AM 07-25-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
...for Higgins in KC.

I'll fap to that.
As much as I'd love for that to happen, I think we all know that KC is not gonna have the kind of money to pay what a guy like Higgins is going to expect.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:22 AM 07-25-2023

What's Joe Burrow's competitive advantage? Presented by @DrinkBODYARMOR

With @calebpressley and @JoeyB pic.twitter.com/qNfJWdjRg2

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) July 25, 2023

[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:32 AM 07-25-2023
Dude is dressed like a used tampon. Sheesh.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:33 PM 07-25-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude is dressed like a used tampon. Sheesh.
How many kids have you yelled at to get off your lawn today, Boomer?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:39 PM 07-25-2023
How many kids have you yelled at to get off your lawn today, Boomer?
Burn Lick GIFfrom Burn GIFs

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:29 PM 07-25-2023
Burrow's style is so effeminate and terrible, he'd probably never get laid if he weren't an NFL QB.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:27 AM 07-26-2023
When you watch the last two bengals drives in the AFC title game, Burrow had two chances to ice the game. TWO. And he couldn't. In the biggest stage. 4th quarter choker carried by his defense.
The guy is ridiculously overrated. He will likely never have this level of talent on offense in the very near future. So if he can't do it with these guys, he never will.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:01 AM 07-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm an adult. No, really, I am.

I have mad respect for Burrow, and Chase, and Higgins. I think the Cincinnati coaching staff is excellent, and they're worthy rivals.

I just wish they would quit talking shit.
Same. They nailed the QB and despite the fact they won't be able to keep all their WRs, they should be a threat for a while. It wasn't their offense that was a thorn in KC's side, it was their defense. They have a very good DC and they have drafted pretty well and have done some under the radar FA signings. As long as their owner doesn't ruin it, they should be good for many more years.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:03 AM 07-26-2023

Perhaps someone has asked this already, but if you were the GM and could only keep Chase or Higgins, which one do you retain and why?
[Reply]
Page 85 of 272
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up