ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 104
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:18 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm looking at these stills and there is no way I'm seeing what you guys are seeing..

I'm not asking Hardman to dive for a catch with a safety lurking in the area. It's another one of our guys in the area. Look at Fortson, he sees Hardman! He would 100% pull up and avoid a collision if Hardman dove- and I'm not even sure a diving Hardman would carry into Fortson based on the angles.

We saw this one here and then the long ball later on that Hardman didn't lay out for either. It's a thing with him and he should look to change it because he's in a contract year.
Yeah Fortson was already pulling up. If you look at the stills, it appears Fortson was actually beginning to body-out the DB, so he was already in "stop" mode.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:19 PM 09-12-2022
Not sure why we're looking at stills when we have video?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:20 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not sure why we're looking at stills when we have video?
Ok. Watch the video and see the same thing, lol.

The stills simply make it easier to see.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:20 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Looking at stills for a game played at full speed is like looking at a picture of alexandra daddario wearing a parka and claiming she is flat chested.
K. How about the video?

Originally Posted by -King-:

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 09-12-2022
Mecole Hardman - 1 TD reception.

Rest of Chiefs WR corps - zero.

Bitch on dudes. Bitch on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 09-12-2022
He could have dove and possibly caught it.

But if Mahomes puts that throw where it's supposed to be - you know, like Patrick himself said - it would have been a TD.

But hey, what does Mahomes know. He's just the 8th-best QB in the NFL.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:22 PM 09-12-2022
Ya know....from that angle...Mahomes certainly could've given him a better pass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ya know....from that angle...Mahomes certainly could've given him a better pass.
Mahomes even said as much, more than once.

Why are we so eager to dismiss that unless we're just determined to bitch and moan about Hardman instead?
[Reply]
penguinz 02:23 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
K. How about the video?
Great job of proving that PM made the mistake here and not MH.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:24 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah Fortson was already pulling up. If you look at the stills, it appears Fortson was actually beginning to body-out the DB, so he was already in "stop" mode.
Yep. There was basically no added risk for Hardman diving there.

Watching the video again on the slow-mo and I initially thought the ball grazed his out stretched fingers. I don't think that actually happened but that ball was legitimately inches away from his hand. He should have dove for that one.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:24 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Why are we so eager to dismiss that unless we're just determined to bitch and moan about Hardman instead?
If it had been anyone on the team other than Mecole, MVS or CEH no one would have even thought twice about it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:25 PM 09-12-2022
He could have dove and possibly caught it.

But if Mahomes puts that throw where it's supposed to be - you know, like Patrick himself said - it would have been a TD.

But hey, what does Mahomes know. He's just the 8th-best QB in the NFL.
Exactly.

Though i'd say a dive probably isn't necessary. It didn't look like he was running full speed to me. I think he gets there if he could simply track better.

But again, i think that's his major weakness.

He's best when he can see teh ball coming straight at him.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:26 PM 09-12-2022

Because despite that it was still a catchable ball.

I'm a Hardman defender. Always have been. But it's part of his game he needs to work on.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:28 PM 09-12-2022
Mahomes is going to throw 40 passes per game. Not everyone of them will be perfect.

That wasn't great placement but it was good enough.

I do expect a guy who may get 5 targets a game to dive for a pass that lands 2 feet in front of him. Maybe I'm crazy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:29 PM 09-12-2022

Because Mahomes is a consummate professional that always shoulders the criticism, and we shouldn't expect him to drop perfect dimes into the breadbasket on every single fucking throw while not also expecting Hardman to put a bit of goddamn effort in and maybe run the route all the way through or lay out a bit to help the QB like every competent WR in the NFL can do.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 104
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Up