ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 102
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:10 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There was video evidence of Rice’s accident. That always makes it worse in the public eye.
:-) it looked like a slow motion spin out. Nobody GAF.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:31 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) it looked like a slow motion spin out. Nobody GAF.
Yea, typical Virus argument.

He's acting like it's Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt. It was a fucking car wreck.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 07-09-2024
They'll wait out the investigation.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 07-09-2024
I doubt Worthy will get as much run early if Rice is out anyway, with missing most of the offseason stuff thus far he's gonna be a bit behind.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:58 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
They'll wait out the investigation.
Sutton took a plea deal and that's when the NFL set his punishment. I think the same happens to Rice. When he reaches that deal is the question.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 07-09-2024
The NFL isn't setting up any punishment until the case is settled one way or another.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:03 AM 07-09-2024
I doubt Worthy will get as much run early if Rice is out anyway, with missing most of the offseason stuff thus far he's gonna be a bit behind.
Guy is more NFL ready than any rookie WR we've ever had under Reid, and he was still there getting the mental reps. It's more about learning the offense than anything.

I bet he plays more week 1 than you think.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:12 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sutton took a plea deal and that's when the NFL set his punishment. I think the same happens to Rice. When he reaches that deal is the question.
March of '25 feels like a long time to delay of traffic accident. Chunt might need to make a donation to a charity in the jurisdiction.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 07-09-2024
The NFL isn't setting up any punishment until the case is settled one way or another.
Why not?

The facts aren't really in dispute and the legal process shouldn't ultimately determine the outcome.

If I'm Rice (and Hunt) I'm approaching the NFL about trying to get some finality here.
[Reply]
wazu 10:22 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Why not?

The facts aren't really in dispute and the legal process shouldn't ultimately determine the outcome.

If I'm Rice (and Hunt) I'm approaching the NFL about trying to get some finality here.
Didn't the Cameron Sutton thing happen in April?
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Guy is more NFL ready than any rookie WR we've ever had under Reid, and he was still there getting the mental reps. It's more about learning the offense than anything.

I bet he plays more week 1 than you think.
Would go against pretty much everything Andy has done in the past with these types of things, but we can hope.
[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Why not?

I'd imagine they could approach them about that (probably have) but why would the league have any incentive to do it before any finality?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:45 PM 07-09-2024
Would go against pretty much everything Andy has done in the past with these types of things, but we can hope.
As a Chief? Maybe, but I would argue Rice played an immediate role week 1 just last year.

As an Eagles? No.

And Worthy is much closer to DJax and Maclin as a prospect than Tyreek and Hardman.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:00 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
As a Chief? Maybe, but I would argue Rice played an immediate role week 1 just last year.

As an Eagles? No.

And Worthy is much closer to DJax and Maclin as a prospect than Tyreek and Hardman.
Matt Verderame talked about this on his pod the other day. He said he spoke with a Chiefs source and they told him that basically they knew they had. I fucking choice but to put Rice in early and get him the ball bc of how bad the WR’s were last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:08 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Matt Verderame talked about this on his pod the other day. He said he spoke with a Chiefs source and they told him that basically they knew they had. I fucking choice but to put Rice in early and get him the ball bc of how bad the WR’s were last year.
You can put Rice in that same category (hence "maybe") as Hardman and Tyreek and the point still stands.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 102
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up