Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:44 PM 07-22-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
lol
You can LOL all you want. The bengals average over 60k during winning seasons. They have had 4 losing seasons (not counting covid) since 2010 and each one of them correlated with a sub 54k average attendance season. Tell me where that is wrong.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:55 PM 07-22-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You can LOL all you want. The bengals average over 60k during winning seasons. They have had 4 losing seasons (not counting covid) since 2010 and each one of them correlated with a sub 54k average attendance season. Tell me where that is wrong.
I already told you. Everything you need to see is in post #1212.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:59 PM 07-22-2023
lol
You mad, bro? Chiefzilla just exposed your bandwagon asses!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:04 PM 07-22-2023
Jacked.

He's gonna stiff arm Chris Jones into the next week when they play. If Jones is still with the Chiefs...
Jones’ third leg weighs more than Joe Burrow. If Stone Cold can’t be there, he’ll just send his johnson.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:08 PM 07-22-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
You mad, bro? Chiefzilla just exposed your bandwagon asses!
I'm so angry right now!!!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:18 PM 07-22-2023
I already told you. Everything you need to see is in post #1212.
You can come up with all the excuses you want. It’s just a major coincidence that bengals fans chose the 4 years when the bengals had losing seasons to rebel against mike brown. The browns and lions have had a way way worse 21st century and they routinely fill their stadiums so the futility complaint falls empty. The chiefs didn’t win a single playoff game for 32 years but still filled the stadium during the herm/Haley/Romeo years. Same with the bills/browns/lions for umpteen years. It’s not even a question that bengals attendance is 60k+ in great seasons and < 55k when they’re below .500. As in almost perfect correlation. Prove me wrong.

Just so we’re clear, when I say sub 55k attendance is really bad… since 2010, apart from the regulars (cincy, LA, oakland, tampa)… only 4 teams have had sub 55k attendance (Minnesota twice, Washington, Detroit). Cincy did it FOUR TIMES.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:20 PM 07-22-2023
You can come up with all the excuses you want. It’s just a major coincidence that bengals fans chose the 4 years when the bengals had losing seasons to rebel against mike brown. The browns and lions have had a way way worse 21st century and they routinely fill their stadiums so the futility complaint falls empty. The chiefs didn’t win a single playoff game for 32 years but still filled the stadium during the herm/Haley/Romeo years. It’s not even a question that bengals attendance is 60k+ in great seasons and < 55k when they’re below .500. As in almost perfect correlation. Prove me wrong.

Just so we’re clear, when I say sub 55k attendance is really bad… since 2010, apart from the regulars (cincy, LA, oakland, tampa)… only 4 teams have had sub 55k attendance (Minnesota twice, Washington, Detroit). Cincy did it FOUR TIMES.
Willful ignorance is a choice, son.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:28 PM 07-22-2023
Willful ignorance is a choice, son.
Glad you’re admitting that you made that choice
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:31 PM 07-22-2023
Glad you’re admitting that you made that choice
Instead of a life, you should be in search of a clue.
[Reply]
TEX 05:19 AM 07-23-2023
I'm so angry right now!!!
(Willful) Ignorance is bliss!!!....Now, eat shit pie, queer. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:41 AM 07-23-2023
I'm an adult. No, really, I am.

I have mad respect for Burrow, and Chase, and Higgins. I think the Cincinnati coaching staff is excellent, and they're worthy rivals.

I just wish they would quit talking shit.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:10 AM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I have mad respect for Burrow, and Chase, and Higgins. I think the Cincinnati coaching staff is excellent, and they're worthy rivals.

Mad respect for a guy who wears floral suits and dresses and screams “I’m him?”

He’s one of the biggest dorks to ever play QB.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:39 AM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Like the Eagles they may get bounced early in the playoffs because the Bengals are too focused on one team and are forgetting about the competition from other squads
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:50 AM 07-23-2023
Instead of a life, you should be in search of a clue.
If the evidence isn't enough I'll throw one more data point out since you want to move the uprights to stadium capacity. First, arrowhead is the 4th largest capacity in the NFL at 76k. The Bengals are 25th at 65k. They are both the same media market size both being bottom 10. Of course arrowhead will be much harder to fill.

The dry spell you're talking about the chiefs were putting up mid 90%s and at their absolute 2-14 worse put up 88% capacity. In a large stadium. the Bengals at their worst in a much smaller stadium pull low 70%. Every. Single. Time. Since 2011, you know how many teams had a sub 80% capacity in a season? 4. And the Bengals did it multiple times. How many teams had sub 70% during that time? Two. The only other team was the Rams breakikg in a new stadium.

As for local tv ratings, the chiefs worst of the worst 2012 season had higher ratings than the 10-6 Bengals. God only knows what those tv ratings looked like during those losing seasons where they can't even fill 75% of their small stadium.

And yes I was there during some of this supposed fandom. I was there during their good years where Kroger and Meijer still ran ticket blitzes to avoid a tv blackout. I'm well aware that they even got their Ohio senator involved to change blackout rules because Cincinnati was continuously running into issues.

Yeah struggling teams will see dips. But cincys dips are remarkably consistent with losing and they are consistently extreme lows. Unless you can prove to me a single data point that shows there's any hint of fan support during a losing season, which I've yet to hear, then case closed. And you can't use the "woe is me" shtick when franchises like Cleveland, buffalo, Washington, Detroit have seen nowhere near the same consistent data of bandwagon hopping.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:55 AM 07-23-2023
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...NFL-local.aspx
Here is the link, by the way, where the chiefs 2012 local tv ratings at 2-14 were better than the 10-6 Bengals.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 272
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up