ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 82
« First < 31717778798081 82 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:27 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Hmm, that was when we first started using it. I sure don't remember that, but that doesn't mean much these days. (remembering)

Edit: The wife says we've had YTTV for only 2 years.
And don’t get me wrong, DIRECTV is a piece of shit but so is Disney. Just saying this will happen on all of them when contract renewal time comes around.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:39 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
And don’t get me wrong, DIRECTV is a piece of shit but so is Disney. Just saying this will happen on all of them when contract renewal time comes around.
agreed

If you take the number of network/broadcast ownership groups x number of streaming/cable services = a hell of a lot of contracts.

Someone is going to have disagreement somewhere.

I dont want to do that math
[Reply]
Pablo 04:59 PM 09-02-2024
Spectrum did this same shit last year with Disney at the start of the college football season.

Disney(ESPN, ABC, Hulu, Star Wars, Ur Mom lol) are the bullies on the block

I did switch to Hulu Live and it included Disney Plus and ESPN+ for 76/month. No issues since I bent the knee to the mouse.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:04 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Spectrum did this same shit last year with Disney at the start of the college football season.

Disney(ESPN, ABC, Hulu, Star Wars, Ur Mom lol) are the bullies on the block

I did switch to Hulu Live and it included Disney Plus and ESPN+ for 76/month. No issues since I bent the knee to the mouse.
That’s exactly what they want you to do.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:06 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
That’s exactly what they want you to do.
Correct. And it's just fine

Leaving Spectrum(Time Warner) was so goddamn enjoyable. They're one of the worst companies that's ever existed. Complete South Park nipple tweakers.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:39 PM 09-02-2024
I'm on the fence about this. The last year I had ST (2022) all but two of the games I paid those fuckers for were broadcast locally. So last year I dumped it after more than two decades, thinking it would be more of the same, but I ended up missing five or six games. But I still got a lot more than I missed.

I really like the idea of not paying for it, though. Tired of these money-grubbing billionaire shitbags doing everything possible to fleece me, and the idea of paying extra to watch something that's half commercials has always pissed me off. And I'm sure most, if not all, of the truly meaningful games will either be shown in prime time or presented as the marquee matchup of the day. Especially with the whole quest for the threepeat thing.

So probably season 2 of no ST.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:41 PM 09-02-2024
I signed up for YouTube TV… and now may cancel my DirecTV Stream.

Brilliant strategy to get into another carriage pissing match, DirecTV.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:41 PM 09-02-2024
I canceled U-Verse 3 weeks ago, Looks like I did it right on time.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:38 PM 09-02-2024
It's almost like they want you to use pirate streams.

Cool, I'm more than happy to oblige them.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:41 PM 09-02-2024
When you can get NFL Redzone on your phone and live within the Chiefs televised broadcast this is pointless.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:54 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm on the fence about this. The last year I had ST (2022) all but two of the games I paid those fuckers for were broadcast locally. So last year I dumped it after more than two decades, thinking it would be more of the same, but I ended up missing five or six games. But I still got a lot more than I missed.

I really like the idea of not paying for it, though. Tired of these money-grubbing billionaire shitbags doing everything possible to fleece me, and the idea of paying extra to watch something that's half commercials has always pissed me off. And I'm sure most, if not all, of the truly meaningful games will either be shown in prime time or presented as the marquee matchup of the day. Especially with the whole quest for the threepeat thing.

So probably season 2 of no ST.
Ditto. Way ditto.
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:17 PM 09-02-2024
I’m counting on the Chiefs are the Champs and Taylor Swift promos to get more free air on free commercial tv. I watched almost every game last year, FREE.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:21 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
I signed up for YouTube TV… and now may cancel my DirecTV Stream.

Brilliant strategy to get into another carriage pissing match, DirecTV.
Disney is to blame. I fully expect them to play games on the next YouTube TV contract, basically forcing YouTube TV out of business. Drag all the YTTV customers into the Disney-owned Hulu Live with an artificially lower price. And then jack up the prices on Hulu Live by some insane number when there is no longer any competition. That is Disney's end game over the next decade.
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:41 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Disney is to blame. I fully expect them to play games on the next YouTube TV contract, basically forcing YouTube TV out of business. Drag all the YTTV customers into the Disney-owned Hulu Live with an artificially lower price. And then jack up the prices on Hulu Live by some insane number when there is no longer any competition. That is Disney's end game over the next decade.
There is a good episode of South Park about the goings on at Disney, it is definitely worthy of craking open a Bud Light and watching it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:12 AM Yesterday
DirecTV/Disney dispute finally ends.

.@DIRECTV & @WaltDisneyCo have reached an agreement in principle for distribution of Disney’s linear networks & direct-to-consumer services

All channels have been immediately restored to DIRECTV satellite, streaming, & U-Verse customers

More: https://t.co/2x14omnpx4 pic.twitter.com/5ZlQIKQ6t5

— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) September 14, 2024

[Reply]
Page 81 of 82
« First < 31717778798081 82 >
Up