ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 82
« First < 30707677787980 8182 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 01:44 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I don't do tic toc. Anything interesting?
Completely pointless.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:52 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRvgcCNw/
Mmmm....soup!!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:07 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Mmmm....soup!!
Vaporized...
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:16 PM 12-01-2023
I don't do tic toc. Anything interesting?
Only that the implosion duration was 20 milliseconds.
So those people never knew what hit them.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:36 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
So nothing new then. Thanks
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:24 PM 12-01-2023
So nothing new then. Thanks
Just musculoskeletal images representing humans inside a cylinder, being turned into mush over and over in slow motion.

If you're into that kind of thing.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:35 PM 12-01-2023
I know they're saying they didn't know what hit em and it was instantaneous, but I'm betting just a few moments before there was an audible creak that made one of them shit their pants
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:38 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I know they're saying they didn't know what hit em and it was instantaneous, but I'm betting just a few moments before there was an audible creak that made one of them shit their pants
Supposedly they knew they were in deep shit well before the implosion
[Reply]
Otter 05:00 PM 12-01-2023

Not to make things more morbid than they already are but I'd have to imagine there were some ominous creaking sounds of the sub's structure slowly giving away before the implosion.

Being in a submerged submarine is definitely not on my bucket list.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:15 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
Not to make things more morbid than they already are but I'd have to imagine there were some ominous creaking sounds of the sub's structure slowly giving away before the implosion.

I'd say that's highly likely. The end may have happened in a microsecond, but they probably knew they were fucked.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:19 PM 12-01-2023

I'm not an expert on submarines, but I believe that happens with every deep dive.
[Reply]
Otter 06:22 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'd say that's highly likely. The end may have happened in a microsecond, but they probably knew they were ****ed.

My college roommate (one of them) was an ex Navy nuke that served time on a submarine and would share stories when he got drunk and stoned enough. He would never talk about them sober. They weren't traditional battle stories but just experiences of being locked in a tube for months underwater and the sounds he would hear with pressure and what not.

Brilliant mathematician but, for lack of a better word(s), he was highly anxious, OCD guy. I honestly hope he got on some kind of meds to even him out.

I just can't imagine how being underwater that long wouldn't play games with ones yin/yang balance.
[Reply]
Otter 06:26 PM 12-01-2023
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I'm not an expert on submarines, but I believe that happens with every deep dive.

Nor am I but that creaking sound would freak the hell out of me if I never experienced it before. I'd imagine it would be like a 80's horror movie scene building up tension.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:37 PM 12-01-2023
My college roommate (one of them) was an ex Navy nuke that served time on a submarine and would share stories when he got drunk and stoned enough. He would never talk about them sober. They weren't traditional battle stories but just experiences of being locked in a tube for months underwater and the sounds he would hear with pressure and what not.

Brilliant mathematician but, for lack of a better word(s), he was highly anxious, OCD guy. I honestly hope he got on some kind of meds to even him out.

I just can't imagine how being underwater that long wouldn't play games with ones yin/yang balance.
Like I said earlier in the thread, there's is absolutely nothing about serving on a submarine that I would have found appealing.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:39 PM 12-01-2023
Thank God for that, honestly. At least they didn’t have a chance to fear.

Unless they were already aware the situation was hopeless or whatever.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 82
« First < 30707677787980 8182 >
Up