ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 199
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
SixAlpha 04:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE

I'll go on record, we're winning the west again and I'll take my chances with Mahomes beyond that.
Hmmm I’m good with Mahomes at QB. We do need to address the WR position. We will. Today if we played with the signed players we have I would say we have the 4th best roster in the division…. Thankfully, the season does not start today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And that’s partly Hill’s fault. Hill could have agreed to a new deal before this offseason but he didn’t. He waited to see what Godwin and Adams got. And then that forced Veach’s hand.
Exactly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:01 PM 03-23-2022
If he is guaranteed that much money, very good chance he's got an enormous signing bonus. Which means he will be on that team in 4 years even if he gets hurt. It's harder to do fuzzy math on a short term contract where you can't spread the cap hit. They say only $72m is guaranteed but id imagine the entire contract is practically guaranteed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm talking about next February, dude.
There isn't a "next February".

Hill wanted his money NOW.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:02 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wonder why that is….

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:03 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There isn't a "next February".

Hill wanted his money NOW.
Who gives a fuck? He was under contract for 1 more season. If he doesn't like that he can accept what we offered or wait till next off-season to break the bank.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:04 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Wait did I just read that Bradberry has a $22 million cap hit? So we are going to trade for this guy and that would require probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

and you think that is better than having hill. wtf man
You read it wrong, man.

Bradberry for a 4th has been the rumored asking price.

If KC could get him for that, and have him for 2022 at 13.5M, that's a solid value. If he wants an extension: Next target up.

The exercise's point is to examine what can be done with the resources acquired. Which is that KC takes a step back at WR (but likely will devote decent resources to a veteran, whether via trade for someone like Tyler Lockett or through free agency) and can add a good amount of upgrade-level talent on defense with the money freed up.

And then layer cheap draft picks on top of that.

This frees them up to take some big swings and some medium swings on players that improve the roster overall.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:04 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
But we got a much better shot at winning a super bowl this year. I think you have to take that shot and deal with trading hill next year even if that means we get a 2nd for him instead of what we got. I'd rather take the super bowl shot this season and get less next year.
if this move helps us get 3 WRs instead of relying on 1 then we can soften the blow considerably. Add on to that the cap savings and picks. If veach can pull off a masterful draft like last year imagine what he can do with twice as many picks.
[Reply]
-King- 04:05 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He'll get the $120M if he is there for 4 fucking years. So stop saying he's only going to get $72M if he's there for 4 years, you dumbass.
I bet you believed Taysom Hill would get $140mil over 4 years too.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 03-23-2022
Who gives a ****? He was under contract for 1 more season. If he doesn't like that he can accept what we offered or wait till next off-season to break the bank.
Would rather have traded him now.

Boatload of picks and cap space. They can trade for a good WR on a fair deal like Lockett or Cooks and also have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:06 PM 03-23-2022

Doing right by people cost you nothing!

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:06 PM 03-23-2022
Who gives a fuck? He was under contract for 1 more season. If he doesn't like that he can accept what we offered or wait till next off-season to break the bank.
Or he could sit out and we get nothing for his $21M cap hit. You conveniently skip over that every time you respond...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:08 PM 03-23-2022
No. I havent. Every fucking time Ive accounted for that possibility happening and explained why it's really not that big a deal and even does us a bit of a favor when it comes to the 2023 cap. Unless you actually think he's sitting out the ENTIRE season, which fucks him way more than us.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:08 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
His tweets read like a shitty motivational poster lately
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:09 PM 03-23-2022
No. I havent. Every fucking time Ive accounted for that possibility happening and explained why it's really not that big a deal and even does us a bit of a favor when it comes to the 2023 cap.
How does handing him $21M this year and then tagging him at a guaranteed one year salary of the top 5 WR's in the league help us next year?

That's a rhetorical question, BTW.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 199
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up