ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Getting my first Colonoscopy tomorrow.
TimeForWasp 06:07 PM 09-07-2022
The VA found blood in a sample and now I am getting my first Colonoscopy.

I am just a little worried and nervious, and worried and nervious.

Scared they are going to find something bad.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:26 AM 09-08-2022

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:28 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Man it was like every 4 min for me

Stuff works, that’s for sure

No doubt. Washes those guts from the outside in.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:39 AM 09-08-2022
So glad they make seatbelts for toilet seats now.......
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:42 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by TimeForWasp:
I could not imagine a baseball card laying in that brown silt.
The point is by the end your bowl should be almost clear.

Also your movement should sound like pouring a bucket of water into the bowl.

Then you're ready.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:43 AM 09-08-2022

[Reply]
DaFace 03:15 PM 09-08-2022
Everything go OK?
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:17 PM 09-08-2022
Well they ended up going in from both ends. I didn't know they scheduled that. No fissures but they said I had ulcers (plural) and large hemeroids (plural). The nurse that walked me out said I had alot going on in there. GRRRRRR
[Reply]
MagicalFruit 03:18 PM 09-08-2022
So....???? What about the hemorrhoids? What is the fix for that? Asking for a friend...
[Reply]
threebag 03:24 PM 09-08-2022
Sorry to hear you had to do a half and half, hope everything else will be okay
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:25 PM 09-08-2022
VA appointment tomorrow was already scheduled. Should get some kind of answers then.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:30 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by TimeForWasp:
Well they ended up going in from both ends. I didn't know they scheduled that. No fissures but they said I had ulcers (plural) and large hemeroids (plural). The nurse that walked me out said I had alot going on in there. GRRRRRR
If they used the same scope, hopefully they went in the most hygienic order

Ulcers and hemorrhoids are a relatively common cause of blood in the stool. Hopefully you get some answers tomorrow.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:32 PM 09-08-2022
I went to a GI dr. Today to get a colonoscopy in October. No issues but they say to get one when you turn or are past 50.

Besides the flushing part, All I’ve heard was the benefits of knowing something bad is going on years in advance so you can deal with it before it’s cancer etc.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:41 PM 09-08-2022
Gotta admit, that nap felt good didn’t it?

Have you had that cheeseburger yet?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:45 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I went to a GI dr. Today to get a colonoscopy in October. No issues but they say to get one when you turn or are past 50.

Besides the flushing part, All I’ve heard was the benefits of knowing something bad is going on years in advance so you can deal with it before it’s cancer etc.
The ACS actually recommends them even at 45 these days.. Apparently colon cancer is becoming more common among "younger" people (though we aren't sure why). It actually got a friend of mine a couple of years ago. And there are also hereditary risk factors, so if you have a family member who has had pre-cancerous polyps removed, you should bump the date even earlier.

I'm on the "frequent customer" program these days. I had a colonoscopy at 38 due to some other GI issues, and they found a couple of pre-cancerous polyps. Thankfully, my brother (age 48) did one a while after and was fine.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:46 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The ACS actually recommends them even at 45 these days.. Apparently colon cancer is becoming more common among "younger" people (though we aren't sure why). It actually got a friend of mine a couple of years ago. And there are also hereditary risk factors, so if you have a family member who has had pre-cancerous polyps removed, you should bump the date even earlier.
Beat me to it. Exactly right.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up