ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio crying about Pats contract
ChiefsHawk 11:52 AM 05-02-2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGGUslBDw9A
[Reply]
Stryker 07:43 PM 05-02-2023
Mahomes makes SOOOOOOOOO much money outside of football through endorsements it's not even funny - he is not worried about $$$$$
Subway, State Farm, Oakley, his shoe line. His daughter has a paid college education he did not have to pay for - the list is too long to list. He and his family will never have to worry.

I do not think "PRIDE" will come into play seeing other QB's making uber more than him. Those contracts from those other teams will eventually catchup and kill said franchise. I think Mahomes is way smarter than that - let the SB trophies and legacy continue to happen and that, in itself, is worth way more than a salary figure.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:57 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What Florio didn't bother to see is that his next years money is already guranteed and is every year. Every year two years are owed no matter what.
History shows that that guy doesn't research or confirm anything he says.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:17 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
History shows that that guy doesn't research or confirm anything he says.
Indeed. I mean, Veach himself has said they are going to be reworking the contract after Burrow and Herbert.

I finally watched this driveling moron. I'm pissed at Sims too, he just sat there nodding and agreeing, no pushback at all.

Lord, Florio is a real punchable fuck stick. That was embarrassing. He's acting like he thinks Mahomes is some naive simp who just says "Yes Massuh" to the Chiefs while the laugh all the way to the bank. Shit is insulting to Patrick for sure. There is so much wrong with that ridiculous rant, I'd say he's just doing it for clicks, except I remember how over the top retreaded he was about Tyreek too.

Ugh. Fuck that guy...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:27 PM 05-02-2023
Plenty of room on Deshaun Watson's bandwagon, Florio.

G'wan now, git.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:30 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
what he's actually doing is condescending and honestly fucking rude. You can bitch about the contract for a number of reasons if you want to but to basically say Mahomes won't stand up for himself and is getting pushed around? What an absolute useless gasbag Florio is. Jesus.

He wants to sit Patrick down and talk to him for a few minutes?? His dad was a fucking pro athlete. You think he's some naive dumbass who doesn't know how contracts work? Get fucked.
^^^QFT
[Reply]
DRM08 08:47 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I just don’t see Cincy being able to pay Burrow a bag then Higgins $20 mil, and Chase probably $25-30 mil. I mean they could, but their defense and OL might not be awesome.
If they use the same structure as the Eagles, they will be able to keep the receivers.
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:52 PM 05-02-2023
All great players are competitive. Some define winning by how much they are paid...some see it by the number of rings. Mahomes is a "ring" guy.

It would be interesting to see poll of retired NFL players that made it to a third contract, asking, in retrospect, what percentage of that third contract they would have given up if they were guaranteed a SB ring.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 08:54 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Cherry picking years aside, Florio's rant is fucking insulting to Patrick. He thinks he's white knighting but what he's actually doing is condescending and honestly fucking rude. You can bitch about the contract for a number of reasons if you want to but to basically say Mahomes won't stand up for himself and is getting pushed around? What an absolute useless gasbag Florio is. Jesus.

He wants to sit Patrick down and talk to him for a few minutes?? His dad was a fucking pro athlete. You think he's some naive dumbass who doesn't know how contracts work? Get fucked.
Well said.

Aside from the obvious points he's overlooking or refuses to acknowledge, he's carrying on like Patrick is a fucking idiot. Yeah right, he's a dawg and a mastermind on the field but a pushover who didn't think through his contract.

His takes on player contracts are generally incoherent.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:01 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
All great players are competitive. Some define winning by how much they are paid...some see it by the number of rings. Mahomes is a "ring" guy.

It would be interesting to see poll of retired NFL players that made it to a third contract, asking, in retrospect, what percentage of that third contract they would have given up if they were guaranteed a SB ring.
For quarterbacks the answer should be 100%.

Particularly for guys that will make eight figures in their career but end up without a ring, like most QBs on that list Florio loves so much.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:35 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Well said.

Aside from the obvious points he's overlooking or refuses to acknowledge, he's carrying on like Patrick is a ****ing idiot. Yeah right, he's a dawg and a mastermind on the field but a pushover who didn't think through his contract.

His takes on player contracts are generally incoherent.
Pat isn't a dummy. He said when he signed the contract that he was getting generational wealth. With that taken care of, he was interested in legacy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:41 PM 05-02-2023
you ever notice how you never see lamar jackson in a commercial

poor guy :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:17 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you ever notice how you never see lamar jackson in a commercial

poor guy :-)
I hate to say it, but Lamar is too ugly to be in commercials. He's not an approachable personality that you can use to sell shit unless you find a way to work him into a short skit in which he can be his usual ugly self with horrible enunciation. I think he genuinely lacks the necessary people skills (not to mention the intelligence) to figure out how to get gigs for commercials.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:53 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I hate to say it, but Lamar is too ugly to be in commercials. He's not an approachable personality that you can use to sell shit unless you find a way to work him into a short skit in which he can be his usual ugly self with horrible enunciation. I think he genuinely lacks the necessary people skills (not to mention the intelligence) to figure out how to get gigs for commercials.
Hey if they were able to use Marshawn Lynch in a commercial, they could use Lamar.
[Reply]
O.city 07:06 AM 05-03-2023
Mahomes can take a little less in terms of a contract, make it up now with endorsements then make bank after he retires from whatever he chooses.

Shit, look at Brady now with broadcasting. You're telling me they wouldn't write a blank check to Mahomes if he wanted it? Or around KC, he could do whatever he wants.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:10 AM 05-03-2023
Why anyone gives a hoot what anyone else makes is beyond me.

I can't relate to those types of numbers anymore than I can relate to getting hit by a 300lb football player running at full speed.

We're flyover country and people on the coasts tend to get upset when we don't stay in our prescribed lanes.

Most of the contracts seem like a joke anyways; they restructure and turn money into a signing bonus. Why doesn't he whine about that with his cheese.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up