ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:35 AM 08-28-2024
We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:30 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
MEHHH’s uncertain availability will be a season long issue.

The only time Lamar has beaten Mahomes was when we had the game won and Clyde fumbled it away.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:30 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This is probably dumb but I’m more worried about our somewhat thin dl maintaining its gaps.
We have more talent on the DL now than when we last ass blasted them.

I'm a huge Cam Thomas fan and wanted us to draft him, so jaded, but he does improve the pass rush and stopping the run. Big Charlie was out after like half the first quarter IIRC last time. Mike Penile should be healthy after the offseason and I assume Nnadi is healed up.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:31 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Remember if it wasn't for the absolute garbage phantom penalty on the Rice TD, we blow them out of the AFCC. One of the most obvious "keep the game close" called games in NFL history. It got ridiculous.
That stupid penalty cost me a small fortune on my parlay bet.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:31 PM 09-01-2024
Usually takes a fluke to beat the Chiefs
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:31 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Remember when the Ravens fans told us "savant" Lamar had grown as a passer and was as good as Mahomes or better because of "numbers " lulz lulz lulz
Oh I remember

Hilarious how the “savant” MVP looks so damn confused by (actual football savant) Spags.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:32 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The only time Lamar has beaten Mahomes was when we had the game won and Clyde fumbled it away.
And this is the worst O line he's played behind working with 1/2 of his defense starting together for the first time.

I don't think this one is close. I kinda' hope we do lose both for motivation and my wallet.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:33 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
That stupid penalty cost me a small fortune on my parlay bet.
If you bet thinking things are on the up and up, you’re a sucker.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:34 PM 09-01-2024
Even though it’s Week 1, it’s actually an important one to win.

Never know how things will shake out later. That tie breaker could matter.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:34 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
MEHHH’s uncertain availability will be a season long issue.

Chiefs better consider NFI IR if this drags on.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:37 PM 09-01-2024
Yeah, and the claim was something like the gap between Mahomes and Lamar as passers isn't as big as the gap between Lamar and Mahomes as runners.

Even if that were true, either your QB can throw at a certain proficiency and make the necessary reads or he can't. And since Lamar can't, the conversation fucking ends right there.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:37 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Chiefs better consider NFI IR if this drags on.
Perine is 10x the no 2 HB MEH is anyway.

I'm sure the team cares about the human but from a football perspective they're better off without him. Perine is a much better blocker and we can get young Crocodile Mjolnir some experience...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:58 PM 09-01-2024
I think I heard that Baltimore had several coaching changes this offseason mainly including the DC. That may be huge with them trying to develop chemistry in a new scheme.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:00 PM 09-01-2024
WTF is wrong with CEH anyway. Does he need a new Vagina transplant???

Dude is tying up a roster spot like a bloody tampon.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:40 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Might as well build the team around what they KNOW he's good at, which is his elite shiftiness and athleticism.
So, it will be the same old, same old because this approach has never worked against better defenses with saavy DCs and especially winning playoff games. To me, he still the same old Lamar, a junior high brain, a high school arm and elite athleticism that will only take you so far.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:42 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
WTF is wrong with CEH anyway. Does he need a new Vagina transplant???

Dude is tying up a roster spot like a bloody tampon.
This is how much Andy values a player, knowing his playbook and especially at running back, just saying.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up