ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It might be time to have a talk about Travis Kelce
TLO 06:16 PM 09-15-2024
He looks old and tired. I'm afraid we're seeing a very steep decline from one of the best TEs in NFL history.
[Reply]
TEX 09:30 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
We're just spreading the ball around more. he's still deadly.
Yep. Was on the receiving end for what then was the biggest play of the game. But we have LT issues, so it didn't count.
[Reply]
Fishels 09:56 PM 09-15-2024
Only two games
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:03 PM 09-15-2024
Guys, I hate to say it, but I think DJLN might be washed. Seems old and tired. Walls and walls of texts without the same energy or production. Approaches arguments like scho approaches a Buca di Beppo next to a Hooters at a strip mall in southern NJ.

Should we be worried?
[Reply]
Eureka 10:03 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Its the 35 years old effect. He will be good. But those expecting 1200 yard seasons will be disappointed. He'll get it done when it matters but father time is undefeated.
Your assessment is correct. Dude in the league I've been in for 12+ years is now shopping Kelce around after owning him for a decade (3 keepers). I offered him a ransom a few years back and he declined.

Kelce will perform when that performance is needed (crunch time).
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:07 PM 09-15-2024
When he caught that pass that got called back he looked like the same player he was in the past. Without watching the All-22 hard to tell if he is playing bad or not.
[Reply]
Calcountry 10:08 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kelce at 90% isn't an NFL player.

You folks so often underestimate how razor thin the lines between success and failure in this league are.

You cannot go out there and load manage. Play your ass off or don't play. If you want to keep reps off him, don't activate him.

Because he's been bad thus far in the season. Not bad by his standards - bad at football. And that happens to almost everyone that makes business decisions. Even if those decisions are because "I need to stay fresh for January" vs "I need to get paid" they still yield a player that's simply not helping his team win.

Right now Kelce isn't. He needs to play at his best or don't play. 17 games at 3/4 speed won't help us at all. Gimme 10 games at full speed if you want to keep his reps down but what we've gotten the last two weeks is...disconcerting.
Bottom line Taylor is draining him of all of his juice And he just doesn’t have any left for the game
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:12 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Guys, I hate to say it, but I think DJLN might be washed. Seems old and tired. Walls and walls of texts without the same energy or production. Approaches arguments like scho approaches a Buca di Beppo next to a Hooters at a strip mall in southern NJ.

Should we be worried?

Very well done:-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 09-15-2024, 10:20 PM
This message has been deleted by kcpasco.
wazu 10:29 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Love it. Kinda needed to hear it. I don't want Kelce to be descending. One of my favorite Chiefs ever.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:49 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Katie:
How many times was he targeted tonight? Seems to me, they just aren’t throwing the ball his way.

I just think they covered him well and that interception was because Mahomes tried to force it to Kelce. I'm sure part of the Bengals game plan is to keep 87 from getting the ball.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:53 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I just think they covered him well and that interception was because Mahomes tried to force it to Kelce. I'm sure part of the Bengals game plan is to keep 87 from getting the ball.
Mahomes was looking off another DB to get Kelce open. Just so happens that the DB he couldn't see knew exactly where the ball was going.

It's possible that Kelce is having a bad decline, but it's also equally possible that both the Ravens and the Bengals know how dangerous he is and made a concerted effort to make it impossible to throw to him.
[Reply]
Fishels 10:55 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Mahomes was looking off another DB to get Kelce open. Just so happens that the DB he couldn't see knew exactly where the ball was going.

It's possible that Kelce is having a bad decline, but it's also equally possible that both the Ravens and the Bengals know how dangerous he is and made a concerted effort to make it impossible to throw to him.
Absolutely. People are worried way too early with Kelce I think
[Reply]
Valiant 10:56 PM 09-15-2024
Lol. He had two plays, one big one called back for penalties. We are fine.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:59 PM 09-15-2024
He had a 50+ reception that got called back because of the LT meltdown. He’s fine.
[Reply]
wazu 11:10 PM 09-15-2024
One thing important to remember is that Kelce was dominating elite competition in the playoffs 7 months ago. If this really is the year he drops off I am at peace with that, but that seems like an unrealistically sharp drop off.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:16 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Should we be worried?
No, but you should probably put him on ignore until the post season.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up