ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jaden Hicks Thread*****
Dante84 11:42 AM 04-27-2024
More to come!

Jaden Hicks was the No. 1 safety on the @dpbrugler board, and Dane knows his stuff. Never imagined Hicks would be available in the fourth round. Incredible value there.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 27, 2024

Chiefs Fourth Round Draft Pick Washington State S Jaden Hicks Press Conference https://t.co/Njlc1HiQ5b

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 27, 2024

The call that changed @JadenHicks11's life ❤️

�� / @JTTheBrick pic.twitter.com/otRVSIWeOb

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2024

The Chiefs drafted a GAME CHANGER in Washington State safety @JadenHicks11! ��

(fueled by @Holladay1856) pic.twitter.com/jB7D554a1y

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Also you can all f*** off :-)
All of us? Or some of us?
[Reply]
JPH83 11:47 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All of us? Or some of us?
None of you, I'm kidding, it's fair game :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:34 PM 07-30-2024

#Chiefs Dave Toub mentioned Curtis Jacobs and Swayze Bozeman as linebackers to watch.. and rookie safety Jaden Hicks is a "no-brainer four-phase starter right now".

— PJ Green (@ByPJGreen) July 27, 2024

Grand Slam fourth round pick
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:31 PM 07-30-2024
Sorry, I didn't get the memo. I didn't realize we were naming our children "Swayze" now.

God, people. Name your kids normal shit. Quit being an attention whore.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:36 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sorry, I didn't get the memo. I didn't realize we were naming our children "Swayze" now.

God, people. Name your kids normal shit. Quit being an attention whore.
go to bed
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:31 AM 07-31-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

Grand Slam fourth round pick
Would be nice if Jacobs continues to develop.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 08:12 PM 08-22-2024
I know it isn't against the 1st teamers, but Hicks looks great tonight. Flying to the ball and making some athletic plays. Really knows how to stick it and tackle. Solid addition to this secondary.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 05:00 PM 08-29-2024

🤝🤝 https://t.co/R8k64BYf1p

— Jaden Hicks (@JadenHicks11) August 29, 2024

The kid can play! He will be around a while https://t.co/C2A3YD33Z2

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) August 29, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 04:41 PM Yesterday
I really expected this kid to play a little more. I wasn't expecting 70% of snaps or anything but week 1 zero snaps and week 5 five snaps. We have been getting torched by the TE and seems like Hicks may be able to help with that playing some sort of hybrid role. Maybe Spags is still looking into ways to utilize him. With Tranquil being a tad slower this year, no Willie Gay he could be useful. I'd like to see what the kid has.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I really expected this kid to play a little more. I wasn't expecting 70% of snaps or anything but week 1 zero snaps and week 5 five snaps. We have been getting torched by the TE and seems like Hicks may be able to help with that playing some sort of hybrid role. Maybe Spags is still looking into ways to utilize him. With Tranquil being a tad slower this year, no Willie Gay he could be useful. I'd like to see what the kid has.
Tranquill looks SLOW slow.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:08 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Tranquil and Bolton have looked horrible in coverage, but Tranquil's tackling has also been dog s***. We definitely need an answer for these TEs because right now it ain't him.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I wonder if he wanted to get grizzley looking over the offseason and maybe put on too much weight inadvertently to look like a bad ass or something. Purely speculation because its strange hes noticeable slower this year.
[Reply]
O.city 07:17 AM Today
I'd guess the tight end problem has been more Justin Reid than Bolton and Tranquil
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd guess the tight end problem has been more Justin Reid than Bolton and Tranquil
I re-watched the broadcast last night.

You're not wrong. Reid was getting beat up pretty good trying to cover the TE.

Honestly, it may be scheme. In the 2nd half I was watching that issue specifically and we kept putting Chenal over the TE and then not even disguising the fact that he wasn't going to cover him. Chenal was almost playing as a down lineman as the TE was getting a free release into space and the safety was trying to rotate down to him.

The scheme against TEs has been really strange. Against the Bengals we were essentially daring Burrow to throw it to him. Which is odd - they don't run when Gieseke (SP) is on the field. And he's nothing if not a good pass-catching TE.

In a lot of ways he's a WR who occasionally lines up at TE. And we just treated him like Jason Dunn.

Sorta did the same thing with Likely.

I just don't quite understand what we're doing here.
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I re-watched the broadcast last night.

You're not wrong. Reid was getting beat up pretty good trying to cover the TE.

Honestly, it may be scheme. In the 2nd half I was watching that issue specifically and we kept putting Chenal over the TE and then not even disguising the fact that he wasn't going to cover him. Chenal was almost playing as a down lineman as the TE was getting a free release into space and the safety was trying to rotate down to him.

The scheme against TEs has been really strange. Against the Bengals we were essentially daring Burrow to throw it to him. Which is odd - they don't run when Gieseke (SP) is on the field. And he's nothing if not a good pass-catching TE.

In a lot of ways he's a WR who occasionally lines up at TE. And we just treated him like Jason Dunn.

Sorta did the same thing with Likely.

I just don't quite understand what we're doing here.
Thinking thru it, I'm wondering if some of it is protecting the DL. They've had Chenal playing essentially as a defensive lineman early, which is going to cause some issues on the back end no?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up