ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>There's some drama in Cincy
Mecca 02:49 PM 08-28-2024

As someone I trust told me about things in Cincinnati this summer “ the vibe isn’t good “ https://t.co/DnBatgEZHg

— trey wingo (@wingoz) August 28, 2024

The Bengals are having a very strange summer https://t.co/ivRQx0AnxE

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) August 28, 2024

Looks like they're off to a rousing start to the year.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:02 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
There is a company named Chili John's here in Green Bay that I discovered serves what is supposed to be similar to Cincinnati style chili. They claim it's slightly different, but it's served the same way. I have to admit, it was damn good.
It is damn good. It's obviously not traditional "chili" but a meat soup and when you make it right, it's delectable.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:03 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You ever had Swahili food?
No sir. Should i continue avoiding it?
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 08-29-2024
I don't get what the issue is here with Chase's side either. "We don't negotiate new deals wiht 2 year left".

If they told him that and he's still holding out, I guess it's up to him. You hate trading elite guys but fuck if you aren't gonna play what am I supposed to do?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:10 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't get what the issue is here with Chase's side either. "We don't negotiate new deals wiht 2 year left".

If they told him that and he's still holding out, I guess it's up to him. You hate trading elite guys but fuck if you aren't gonna play what am I supposed to do?
All he sees is 2 guys from his draft class he thinks he's better than got paid already.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 08-29-2024
Be prepared to miss games and sit out I guess then.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:20 AM 08-29-2024
A penny.

Bengals' Ja'Marr Chase wants record-setting contract that tops Justin Jefferson deal by one penny, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...ny-per-report/
[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:21 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
A penny.

Bengals' Ja'Marr Chase wants record-setting contract that tops Justin Jefferson deal by one penny, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...ny-per-report/
He's not as good as Jefferson, but ok.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:22 AM 08-29-2024
Nope.

Not a diva, at all.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:23 AM 08-29-2024
Just forcing his way out of Cincy.

Don't blame him.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:30 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Bro, stop. We have one in Clearwater, near my house. I gave it a shot not long ago. It looks exactly like that mere seconds after you start trying to consume it. And fucking nutmeg…. In the beanless “chili”? Shit looks and tastes like some shit I threw together WASTED in my teens when there was only a few ingredients n the house, so I put them all together and ate it cuz I was starving. Only difference being, I wasn’t broke, but I had already paid for that shit. Glad I got a couple little “chili” dogs or it woulda been a complete loss.
Again, a clear case of hate the player, not the game. I've gotten shitty 4ways from many different Skylines around here. It has nothing to do with the dish, it's the pimple-faced 15yo kids throwing the shit together.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Nope.

Not a diva, at all.
It's because he personally knows Jefferson, the 1 penny thing is so he can tell his pal and old college teammate, look I topped you!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:32 AM 08-29-2024
Burrow would crap himself if Chase is traded. SB possibility for this year would take a big hit. He's had him in college and pros.

They don't have the balls to trade him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:33 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Talking about being cheap and cool...has Clark put AC in our training facility yet?
Nah, Clark isn't dumb. Why throw that much money into something when you don't know where your facility will be for another 12-15 months. Once the decision for Arrowhead's future is made, I believe the work on a new training facility if elsewhere will start immediately, or extensive remod on current facilities if Arrowhead is staying put.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The bengals have fucked this up from the get go.

You know what the smart move was?

To be the first WR to reset the market and to get a 5th year in the contract.

Now they’ve pissed off their best player.
There's a pretty good chance that he and Jefferson were in something of a staring contest, though.

I mean if he's saying "I want one penny more than JJ" then it stands to reason that he simply wasn't willing to sign until after Jefferson did.

And if that's the case, there was nothing Cincy ever could've done.

And really, Cincy should probably just give it to him provided that they add it to the end of his 5th year option. At that point you get him for 4/$140 through his age 29 season. So you're getting out of his right around the time he's either started to decline or he's proven to be one of those HoF caliber talents who should age well and be worth another LTC.

The timing of all this SHOULD work out okay for Cincy. Time to just get the deal done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
A real franchise would trade him and turn those picks into contributors at other positions.

Dumbass franchises pay WR's stupid money and fuck their cap up.
Eh. They kinda have to.

Chase is a much better long-term play than Higgins. Higgins is likely to cost about 90% as much as Chase costs with Chase being a substantially better player.

A real franchise would've traded Higgins and inserted Burton while using the freed money to get Chase's deal finalized. The Bengals, OTOH, look like they may prefer to just hose the whole damn thing up.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up