ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sleep Apnea...
penguinz 02:10 PM 12-11-2023
Doing an at home sleep apnea test later this week.

I am sure there are others here that have done this.

How annoying is the test and how long did it take you to get used to a CPAP if one was prescribed?

I also like to travel and dispersed camp. Any suggestions for battery packs or other accessories once?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:12 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
It seems like everyone is pointing to the newer smaller models as best fit, comfort and function.

Do all these machine "push" oxygen during any stopping of breathing?

I am awaiting my results but I'm 98% sure I got apnea.
They don't push oxygen. What a CPAP does is push air (humidified air) into your nose. If you have obstructive apnea like most folks, this action prevents the muscles that over-relax from over-relaxing and obstructing the airways.
[Reply]
scho63 12:31 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They don't push oxygen. What a CPAP does is push air (humidified air) into your nose. If you have obstructive apnea like most folks, this action prevents the muscles that over-relax from over-relaxing and obstructing the airways.
Do you wake up with dry mouth? :-)
[Reply]
Holladay 12:42 PM 01-24-2024
It is moist air but I will wake up 2 x and have a water container with a straw on the night stand. It isn't "dry" mouth per se though.

I've had a glass of water on my night stand for years though. The CPap probably isn't the root cause.
[Reply]
Wallymo 01:29 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
It is moist air but I will wake up 2 x and have a water container with a straw on the night stand. It isn't "dry" mouth per se though.

I've had a glass of water on my night stand for years though. The CPap probably isn't the root cause.
Drinking tons of water every day is the only naturally healthy instinct I've ever had.

I took the water tank off of my machine and replaced it with a cap. Mostly because I am lazy and I'm not going to rely on myself to always have distilled water at hand. They didn't even give me the machine with a water reservoir until fairly recently. Having gone so many years without it, I figured there's no need to complicate things.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:39 PM 01-24-2024
Do you wake up with dry mouth? :-)
A lot of this depends on the humidity in the room. If super dry then the humidifier on the machine will run out quickly and then you will start drying out.

This is what I have noticed after two nights of use so far.

I just got a room humidifier that I will run tonight to see if it helps any.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:44 PM 01-24-2024
Thinking I will pick this up for camping. Anyone have any experience with running off battery?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BW8D3Z2B

[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:37 PM 01-24-2024
Been using one for years. Definitely need one.
[Reply]
Holladay 05:08 PM 01-24-2024
Yes, the humidity in the room/house affects the water level a bunch. Summer vs winter is big.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:43 PM 01-24-2024
Yes, the humidity in the room/house affects the water level a bunch. Summer vs winter is big.
You can also adjust the water composition on the CPAP.. Mine has 4 settings..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:30 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
You can also adjust the water composition on the CPAP.. Mine has 4 settings..
Humidity is the enemy of a well hydrated palate. You wake up with a dry mouth or worse with a dry throat your good sleep is fucked for the night.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:33 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Thinking I will pick this up for camping. Anyone have any experience with running off battery?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BW8D3Z2B

I run mine off a similar battery

I can go 2 nights without charging
[Reply]
BWillie 01:01 AM 01-25-2024
Cure

[Reply]
scho63 10:31 AM 01-25-2024
Just got a call from my pulmonologist - I have severe restrictive sleep apnea.

Looks like I'm joining Club CPap
[Reply]
Holladay 10:38 AM 01-25-2024
how many episodes per hour?
[Reply]
penguinz 12:19 PM 01-25-2024
Just got a call from my pulmonologist - I have severe restrictive sleep apnea.

Looks like I'm joining Club CPap
Worst part by far is the cost.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up