ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>"Chiefs fans should be worried"
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 01-21-2024
- Tony Romo

I'm worried alright. Worried how the fuck I'm going to sleep tonight got work tomorrow. What a great fucking win!
[Reply]
Bump 11:04 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Romo loves everyone. He's the over the top positive guy typically who loves to praise. It's why so many people liked him at first. But like Hudler for the Royals you quickly get sick of it.
I kinda liked him at first because he knew what he was talking about back then and was making accurate play predictions a lot. But now he sucks.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:38 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
I kinda liked him at first because he knew what he was talking about back then and was making accurate play predictions a lot. But now he sucks.
He quit being himself because the networks and the NFL brass got to him, I'm tellin ya!! I think the NFL didn't like him predicting these plays 70-80% accurately because it took away some of the mystery and drama making the game less interesting and simple for the casual fan but for the real football fan it was fascinating. It's all about ratings. Keep attracting the non-football folks and why Swift is promoted.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:08 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Pat Summerall used to drink before his games sometimes. He never sounded like a stupid asshole with a squeaky voice.
Summerall drank during games. He was literally infamous for being an alcoholic. You could tell he was drunk by the 3rd quarter.

But, hell, they used to smoke on television during talk shows. I remember seeing clips of Dick Schaap and other, old, white sports reporters on a panel type show, and they were all smoking.

Smoking and drinking was just a very prevalent part of society back then.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:18 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
He quit being himself because the networks and the NFL brass got to him, I'm tellin ya!! I think the NFL didn't like him predicting these plays 70-80% accurately because it took away some of the mystery and drama making the game less interesting and simple for the casual fan but for the real football fan it was fascinating. It's all about ratings. Keep attracting the non-football folks and why Swift is promoted.
But one thing he could have pointed out occasionally to the casual fan...

Even, for instance if you are 80% sure as a defensive player on the field what the play is going to be..., it generally isn't advisable to sell out against that because that is how you can really get burnt for a big play when the offense intentionally tricks you.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:37 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
EXACTLY !! On top of the fact a small market team has the best QB ever to play the game which absolutely just IRKS them to no end!! That's the real issue.:-)
The NFL is different from other sports, small market stars can still be world wide stars. Green Bay and Buffalo, much smaller markets, have fans all over the World.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 09:55 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
He mailed it in on that front. He's just riding the cash out doing minimal effort cliche BS till they get sick of it.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:02 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
He mailed it in on that front. He's just riding the cash out doing minimal effort cliche BS till they get sick of it.
Must be nice to get paid a ton of money to suck at the job. Lol
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, I don't get the hate for Chris Collinsworth, but heck, we are all different. I actually enjoy his enthusiasm.

To be honest though, I don't usually pay much attention to what any of them are saying as I am concentrating on the game.
OK, I now get the hate. He wore me out last night, holy crap he was insufferable. I finally had to mute him.
[Reply]
scho63 05:51 AM Today
He is the king of superlatives.

EVERYONE is the greatest in his mind.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
OK, I now get the hate. He wore me out last night, holy crap he was insufferable. I finally had to mute him.
One of the great things I found about cutting the cord is the fact that I can synch up the Chiefs radio broadcast with the tv broadcast and I don't have to listen to the idiots on tv. The Chiefs radio guys might be biased, but at least we share the same bias.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:57 AM Today
Romo needs to be terrified of us too. And he's a bitch.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:09 AM Today
I'm worried my walls are running out of room for all the SB hardware I am buying.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up