ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rumor circulating that Jerod Mayo is going to be fired
Mecca 01:26 PM Today

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

"Sources have informed me that within the next 48 hours, Jerod Mayo will be removed as head coach of the New England @Patriots."https://t.co/rKX1AzOLt1 pic.twitter.com/IoApoV40nf

— The Kirk Minihane Show (@kirkminshow) October 23, 2024

Not sure how reliable this source is but there is a ton of smoke out there that Mayo is an arrogant douchebag that has already broken the locker room.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That's one thing everyone can agree on, amirite? UChieffyTurdBurger is one of the biggest racist pieces of shit on this site.

Also I definitely think there are racist owners that don't want to hire black coaches or minority GMs, but this isn't close to that situation. Kraft was clearly obsessed with Mayo. The team just hates Mayo so much and I'm sure Kraft is hearing it from people in the organization and the players. Easier to get rid of the coach instead of kicking out all the players.
Yeah, that guy's useless as hell.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It was never a good idea for HIM to do it...clearly.

But there are guys that can and have, and it's worked. Even new coaches have had it work out well for them.

I think this is a situation where the team just doesn't like him and he didn't read the room. And WASN'T actually trying to encourage them, but rather throw them under the bus.

There are guys that do it as a motivational tool. Then there are assholes that do it to cover for their own failings (Oliver Marmol, I'm looking at you).

It appears pretty likely that Mayo is the latter.
I think it's pretty obvious that this is exactly how Belichick feels based on his comments.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Eh
Yeah it was pretty bad.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
See guys? Everything is due to racism to these professional victim types.
If the scales continue to be lopsided then it's gonna be talked about. Fullstop.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
Ok Jemele Hill
One thing is certain.

No matter chieffys skin color he is a grade a faggot
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Probably not a popular opinion but dude looked like a DEI hire out the gate.

No idea why they thought he was qualified to be the HC. He was the freaking Inside LB coach before that.
Was Brandon Staley a DEI hire? :-)
[Reply]
George Liquor 03:15 PM Today
Yeah, that guy's useless as hell.
I'm suprised his head hasn't exploded since he lives around so many people he hates. Or is he just a self loathing white guy?
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:17 PM Today
**** Belichick.

Like that dude was always out there singing his players praises to the press. He'd absolutely barbecue dudes to the media and in many ways he was worse. He'd do it on an individual basis and I think that's dirty pool.
This 100%. He even looks like an asshole in this situation. Here’s a dude that busted his ass at a high level for years for you and in his first year of head coaching, he makes what appears to have been an error in judgement in calling his team soft (although you can argue that if they are this bent out of shape about that comment they are, in fact, soft) and instead of picking up the phone to help teach him how to do it differently, Big Bill couldn’t wait to get in front of every microphone he could and call JM out. That’s shitty. And I could give a fuck about JM or the Patriots but if someone busted their ass for me for years, I would always see them as someone I’d be willing to mentor, not slam.
[Reply]
Cheater5 03:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Staley had 14 years of coaching experience with ten different organizations, both college and professional.

Jerod Mayo had four as a linebacker’s coach for the same team (and HC) he played for.

Clearly the white guy needed to have more than three times the experience as the black guy to get the same opportunity.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 03:25 PM Today
Kraft no good on mayo?
[Reply]
George Liquor 03:25 PM Today
I'm not gonna cry for Kraft, BB, Mayo or anything Patriots. I hope they turn into a Broncos tier circus. They deserve every bit of it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:51 PM Today
Sounds like BS. His first year and the team was garbage.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Surely you get DEI points for hiring people with mental disabilities?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:52 PM Today
Total BLT hire
[Reply]
Shields68 03:53 PM Today
It was never a good idea for HIM to do it...clearly.

But there are guys that can and have, and it's worked. Even new coaches have had it work out well for them.

I think this is a situation where the team just doesn't like him and he didn't read the room. And WASN'T actually trying to encourage them, but rather throw them under the bus.

There are guys that do it as a motivational tool. Then there are assholes that do it to cover for their own failings (Oliver Marmol, I'm looking at you).

It appears pretty likely that Mayo is the latter.

On the other hand if I were management, the only one I care about is QB1.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up