ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 11:35 AM 11-05-2023
It sure looks like Nagy is calling the plays. THe opening script by Reid was awesome, then terrible.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 AM 11-05-2023
Is it Nagy who's calling plays?

Have we determined this?
[Reply]
Womble 11:40 AM 11-05-2023
You have a crucial 3rd and half a yard with less than 4 minutes on the clock and you don't run it through the middle....really baffling considering Pacheco was doing it for fun this game when given the chance.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:41 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
You have a crucial 3rd and half a yard with less than 4 minutes on the clock and you don't run it through the middle....really baffling considering Pacheco was doing it for fun this game when given the chance.
Is that Nagy's fault? They've done the same shit for years.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 11:42 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Have we determined this?
Andy calls the plays always had The OC in KC puts is in charge of putting the gameplan together and will relay the call to the QB but Andy calls the play. They have stated this many times
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:42 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Yeah I dont get it. We have Pacheco and a supposedly stout OL and we consistently don't give him the ball on 3rd and short.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:42 AM 11-05-2023
Whoever is calling the plays, it's been pretty terrible most of the season.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 11:43 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Is that Nagy's fault? They've done the same shit for years.
This

And that's part of the problem IMO. We are still trying to do things we did when we had Hill,Walkins ect. We don't have them it's time to make some changes to the offense
[Reply]
RunKC 11:43 AM 11-05-2023
It's Nagy's fault that we are having trouble on 3rd and short even though we had this problem the entire time he was gone :-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 11:44 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Have we determined this?
It appears that he is, they show him covering his mouth when the plays are being called in to Mahomes.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:45 AM 11-05-2023
QB sneak goes for 15 yards on that last 3rd down

They were just giving it away
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:45 AM 11-05-2023
The offensive personnel has been absolutely dog shit. If that's on him he needs those duties revoked.
[Reply]
-King- 11:46 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
It appears that he is, they show him covering his mouth when the plays are being called in to Mahomes.
Reid has always called the plays to the OC and the OC calls the plays to Mahomes. I don't know why they have that system but it's been the same since Smith was the QB. But ultimately it's Reid calling plays.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:46 AM 11-05-2023
I'd love to see any convincing proof that Naggy has called a single play since Smith was QB...
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:47 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Reid has always called the plays to the OC and the OC calls the plays to Mahomes. I don't know why they have that system but it's been the same since Smith was the QB. But ultimately it's Reid calling plays.

Yeah I don’t understand why fans all of the sudden think the OC is calling plays. It’s always been Reid.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up