ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Today
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If they're going to keep up the cute stuff like that, then they're going to have to throw it to Mahomes at least once just to keep defenses honest, because everyone in that stadium and who were watching that play knew it was going to be a run up the gut.

Stop taking the ball out of the hands of the best offensive player in the league, even if your offense is struggling in goal to go situations.
I think Taylor Swift designed that particular red zone package.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I think part of the issue is worthy is making mistakes in routes and adjustments.

This is a tough offense to learn….and there is a reason the offense has gotten better as the seasons go on(for rookies) and as worthy grows, this offense will open up.
Agreed. It’s the hard part about the Hollywood injury. It would have been spectacular to use worthy in a dumbed down mecole role. A ton of gadget plays or predesigns with a lot of underneath stuff. I feel like that’s how we brought tyreek along but I can’t remember. He’s being asked to do a lot more stuff because he’s our only reliable speed option. Which doesn’t speak well of mecole that they’d rather give the rookie the bulk of these reps than the same guy who has familiarity with the offense
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:40 AM Today
They need to figure out a substitute for the QB sneak if they're that deathly afraid of Mahomes doing it. Other teams have the benefit of defenses being forced to stack the box to defend against the threat of it. We haven't even faked it for years at this point and it lets defenses cover even more grass when you're in the red zone and things are already compact.
[Reply]
O.city 10:40 AM Today
A lot of it looks to me like…..honestly some boredom
[Reply]
Mecca 10:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Agreed. It’s the hard part about the Hollywood injury. It would have been spectacular to use worthy in a dumbed down mecole role. A ton of gadget plays or predesigns with a lot of underneath stuff. I feel like that’s how we brought tyreek along but I can’t remember. He’s being asked to do a lot more stuff because he’s our only reliable speed option. Which doesn’t speak well of mecole that they’d rather give the rookie the bulk of these reps than the same guy who has familiarity with the offense
Mecole is what Mecole is a return man that can run gadget plays and stretch the field horizontally, that's it.
[Reply]
seamonster 10:41 AM Today
NFL has become the Alex Smith league. QB's have to be game managers and double as running backs. Passing game has been neutered. Only way to break the cycle is to make teams pay for playing nickle 90% of the time. Carolina did that this weekend. Raiders tried dropping back into coverage against Dalton after he carved them up and the panthers just unleashed Chuba. The soft shell defense couldn't stop the run...Caveat being they did this against the Raiders.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
He quite literally has. Average depth of target plummeted the second Nagy took back over as OC. Tied for last a season ago with gimpy Joe Burrow and is significantly lower than that standard currently. Not league average. Not even significantly below league average. Dead. Fucking. Last.
This has always been the case with the OC when Andy's been here. They exist to be the punching bag when things aren't going well with the offense.

Things going well? Patrick is hitting his receivers downfield? Andy has done it again. He's a masterclass wizard offensive genius.

Things aren't going well? Patrick is frustrated? Missing open receivers? Odd playcalling on 3rd and short? Fucking Bienemy/Nagy is ruining everything. Look how Mahomes talks to Bienemy, he clearly doesn't like him. Get him out.

Maybe instead of looking at the OC who has always been more of an understudy to Reid, we should look at the league wide defensive shift that is stifling offenses more than it has in over a decade.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Only thing the offense is doing that’s new.

Pointing the finger at Nagy is hilarious. Assuming that was him and not Andy…where do you think he learned that from?

Even if Nagy is calling the plays it’s Andy that’s creating those plays guaranteed.
I am not saying Nagy is the only cause of the Chiefs’ issues on offense.

But to deny he’s a factor… when the Chiefs offense was #1 in virtually every offensive statistical category two years ago before his return as OC… seems strange.

It’s Nagy.

It’s the personnel… the Chiefs still are lacking explosive playmakers… especially at RB.

It’s Mahomes.

It’s Kelce’s decline.

It’s the LT situation.

All of the above.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
NFL has become the Alex Smith league. QB's have to be game managers and double as running backs. Passing game has been neutered. Only way to break the cycle is to make teams pay for playing nickle 90% of the time. Carolina did that this weekend. They tried dropping back into coverage against Dalton after he carved them up and they just unleashed Chuba. Caveat being they did this against the Raiders. To Andy Reids credit he's realized this and got an undrafted rookie 70+ yards on the ground.
It's why I think RB's being drafted highly is going to come back in vain. If you put some of these guys on our team it would change things.

What do we look like if Achane or Bijan or Kamara are playing here?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:43 AM Today
I’m curious to also see if worthy was supposed to sit on the route. Rice made a lot of those mistakes early on where he was making small route adjustments that weren’t right. The difference is that he learned from his mistakes where guys like skyy still haven’t several years later. That’s why I have a feeling it was a rookie mistake.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
This has always been the case with the OC when Andy's been here. They exist to be the punching bag when things aren't going well with the offense.

Things going well? Patrick is hitting his receivers downfield? Andy has done it again. He's a masterclass wizard offensive genius.

Things aren't going well? Patrick is frustrated? Missing open receivers? Odd playcalling on 3rd and short? Fucking Bienemy/Nagy is ruining everything. Look how Mahomes talks to Bienemy, he clearly doesn't like him. Get him out.

Maybe instead of looking at the OC who has always been more of an understudy to Reid, we should look at the league wide defensive shift that is stifling offenses more than it has in over a decade.
Except Nagy had the sheet last night. It was his show. His absolutely abhorrent red zone playcalling. His insistence on one read horizontal throws.
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:43 AM Today
They need to execute better in the red zone. Kelce is older and that’s who they’d go to in those spots. But they’re 3-0 so it ain’t exactly a disaster they just have things to work on. This looks like a team that barring injuries is going to pile up 13-14 wins in a bunch of close games bc of these flaws and bc they know how to close games. This will drive the country crazy bc they’re tired of the machine. Then they’ll adjust enough to get the scores in the RZ they need come January. Why would I believe different?

If you really want a weekend project start a thread on how to fix the Cowboys.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:44 AM Today
Why is Skyy Moore still seeing so many WR snaps? I feel like that is completely detrimental to the offense.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:45 AM Today
I know he’s out and I love me some Pacheco. But he is what he is.. I think an elite RB with the elite vision would open up a lot.

It’s not a necessity by any means.. but they’ve become too devalued. This upcoming class looks to be loaded.

Also.. I think if you inserted Hollywood into the lineup you would notice a substantial change. Probably still not onto the level of Pats first year. But losing him hurts
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I’m curious to also see if worthy was supposed to sit on the route. Rice made a lot of those mistakes early on where he was making small route adjustments that weren’t right. The difference is that he learned from his mistakes where guys like skyy still haven’t several years later. That’s why I have a feeling it was a rookie mistake.
Here's the thing - Rice kept going.

My memory on that play is that both guys were running slants at different depths. Rice kept moving on his, Worthy stopped.

Isn't that what you'd WANT to see there? You don't typically want to see 2 WRs occupying the same space, no? And had Worthy continued, that's kinda what you'd have had. By stopping, he put the DBs into an impossible decision.

Maybe that is just freelance rights that Worthy simply doesn't have yet. But, speaking past process and just to results, Worthy did the 'right' thing from a WR spacing perspective.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up