ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Chiefs 2024 Training Camp Thread***
RunKC 09:46 AM 07-17-2024
Since nobody else has started it.

Mods please add the Twitter scroll feature to OP. Thanks!
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yeah, going to be a tad bit disappointed if Kingsley can't beat out Wanya. After that Raiders game lost all interest in ever seeing him at the end of the line.
Yeah, I think I kinda feel the same.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sorry, not to derail things, but I just want to say one more thing about the "Everybody should have seen this shitty WRs coming a mile away!!!!"

Basically our only option to remedy that would have been Deandre Hopkins. And if we did that, we very likely don't have Chris Jones on the team.

Ya'll DO like Chris Jones, right? And you would prefer he stay on the team over a washed up Douche Pipkins?
The WR cult won't ever admit that the Chiefs winning a SB despite their WR group last year worked out perfectly long term because it allowed us to build this WR room the right way (through the draft) without having to spend big money in a terrible WR market in the short term.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The WR cult won't ever admit that the Chiefs winning a SB despite their WR group last year worked out perfectly long term because it allowed us to build this WR room the right way (through the draft) without having to spend big money in a terrible WR market in the short term.
Once they traded Tyreek, that was just gonna be the way they were gonna go.

With the $ spent at QB, it's always gonna be about evaluation and draft and figuring where the $ really needs spent.
[Reply]
TLO 08:47 AM 07-18-2024
I'll be doing another drive around campus today to bring you the hard hitting news of the day.

I wish I could recognize the players I see.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:48 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The LT battle will be my biggest training camp interest.

Kingsley needs to win it.
Lots of great battles this camp:

-Kingsley/Wanya
-Last Cb spot
-Niang/Driskoll
-RB3 and Rees Zammit
-LG? Wanya/Nourzad
-Wiley overtaking Gray?

Aside from LT I think FAU’s progress and the new kickoffs will be very entertaining
[Reply]
TLO 08:49 AM 07-18-2024
Here's some um... News?

#Chiefs RB Louis Rees-Zammit going thru drills.. can see the progress he’s made from Rookie camp and OTAs to know..

Still has a ways to go.. pic.twitter.com/yAyJtwAkv9

— PJ Green (@ByPJGreen) July 18, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 08:55 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

-Kingsley/Wanya
-Last Cb spot
-Niang/Driskoll
-RB3 and Rees Zammit
-LG? Wanya/Nourzad
-Wiley overtaking Gray?

Aside from LT I think FAU’s progress and the new kickoffs will be very entertaining
Other than LT....none of that really seems to be much though. I guess the CB one, but I think they end up being more matchup specific there than "this guy is the #2 CB etc".
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:57 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Here's some um... News?

Not gonna get my hopes up until I see him nail the port-a-potty drill
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:00 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

-Kingsley/Wanya
-Last Cb spot
-Niang/Driskoll
-RB3 and Rees Zammit
-LG? Wanya/Nourzad
-Wiley overtaking Gray?

Joe Thuney will be LG on opening day.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:13 AM 07-18-2024
Saw a reply under the LRZ tweet that pass blocking and special teams play will be key to him making the roster which, yes, obviously is the case.

Question I have is will the rugby background help or not mean much when it comes to pass protection. Figured he'd have at least some experience being a blocker in those scrums but I don't know fuck all about the strategy of Rugby so not sure how it'd all work.
[Reply]
srvy 09:34 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The LT battle will be my biggest training camp interest.

Kingsley needs to win it.
I don't care who it is as long as they are competent. We need to stabilize that position. I am so tired of these have been and never were we plug in a year at a time.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't care who it is as long as they are competent. We need to stabilize that position. I am so tired of these have been and never were we plug in a year at a time.
I don't care for it either, but LT is a spot where you either draft a guy high, pay a guy alot or keep picking away at it and see what sticks.

The key is that they haven't financially locked themselves into a situation.
[Reply]
srvy 09:38 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yeah, going to be a tad bit disappointed if Kingsley can't beat out Wanya. After that Raiders game lost all interest in ever seeing him at the end of the line.
One game from a Raiders team hell bent and fired up with a new coach to win. Just let them fight it out and make a decision at camp. If we got something go with it if not I guess another 1 year of the old man.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:57 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
One game from a Raiders team hell bent and fired up with a new coach to win. Just let them fight it out and make a decision at camp. If we got something go with it if not I guess another 1 year of the old man.
Wanya played decent for a 3rd round rookie up to that point. In that game everyone played like shit Wanya just caught the worst of the blame.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:23 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Joe Thuney will be LG on opening day.
lol, no.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up