ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cheese
FAX 07:46 PM 12-04-2006
I am conducting an important ChiefsPlanet experiment. Please feel free to participate or not as you will.

This thread is about cheese. There are, as we all know, many varieties of cheese. There is munster, parmesan (good on spaghetti), cheddar, brie (known in France as "The Queen of Cheeses"), and lots of other kinds. Of note, one ounce of Wisconsin Cheddar has approximately 114 calories and 7 grams of protein. Cheese is pretty good and, in moderation, good for you.

Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments regarding cheese here. There is no need whatsoever to create another thread about cheese. Neither is there any need to post cheese-related information on other threads.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:57 PM 12-06-2011
Had whey fed smokehouse cured ham with raw maz melted over the top. Add olive dressing and cap bread..that's living.
[Reply]
RJ 09:57 PM 12-06-2011
Women LOVE cheese. As much as we men might enjoy cheese, our cheese enjoyment is nothing compared to a woman's. So keep that in mind the next time you are trying to get laid.

Cheese, the other aphrodisiac.

You are welcome in advance.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:59 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Sort of a hijack, but I went to Katz's delicatessen over the weekend. It got me to thinking about making my own corned beef from scratch. Any one ever do this? How about pastrami (smoked corned beef)?
I have NOT, I'd incorporate a large amount of garlic cloves, heck, why not try it in the crock? You'll need to brine it though, obviously.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:01 PM 12-06-2011
Sort of a hijack, but I went to Katz's delicatessen over the weekend. It got me to thinking about making my own corned beef from scratch. Any one ever do this? How about pastrami (smoked corned beef)?
Watched a DDD the other night with corned "beets." Then then made sliders from them. Genius idea.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:01 PM 12-06-2011
Search pastrami
The recipe I use is on here. Corner beef is a science imo. Been years since I've sat in on a wet cured brisket.
[Reply]
headsnap 10:01 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by RJ:
Women LOVE cheese. As much as we men might enjoy cheese, our cheese enjoyment is nothing compared to a woman's. So keep that in mind the next time you are trying to get laid.

Cheese, the other aphrodisiac.

You are welcome in advance.
works on mrsheadsnap!!! :-)

might be the wine... :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 10:03 PM 12-06-2011
I love cheese, particularly havarti and provolone but, unfortunately, it doesn't love me back. I can't eat cheese unless I want to live alone (and don't like breathing).
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:05 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I have NOT, I'd incorporate a large amount of garlic cloves, heck, why not try it in the crock? You'll need to brine it though, obviously.
Fridge,tub, wet cure recipe. The trick is knowing when its done.
[Reply]
headsnap 10:08 PM 12-06-2011
Gouda - with crackers and a nice red wine

Manchego - with bread and smoked honey(HOLY CRAP THAT IS GOOD!!!)

Fresh Mozzerella - on bruschetta!

Blue Cheese - on a nice rare to medium rare beef tenderloin or on a wedge salad.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:08 PM 12-06-2011
There's a place here in down that has excellent NY Style Pastrami. I think the best i ever had was at Carnegie Deli, though.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:08 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
Search pastrami
The recipe I use is on here. Corner beef is a science imo. Been years since I've sat in on a wet cured brisket.
I'll check it out.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:09 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by headsnap:
Blue Cheese - on a nice rare to medium rare beef tenderloin or on a wedge salad.
+1
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:10 PM 12-06-2011
it's basically a shitton of salt, peppercorns and cloves as well as cloves of garlic.
[Reply]
headsnap 10:10 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I love cheese, particularly havarti and provolone but, unfortunately, it doesn't love me back. I can't eat cheese unless I want to live alone (and don't like breathing).
I have that same problem though cheap Jack doesn't do anything to me, but after an evening with the wine and Gouda means that I will be getting paid to sit on the crapper for a while the next day at work..
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:14 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
it's basically a shitton of salt, peppercorns and cloves as well as cloves of garlic.
Basically the General Lee is just a car.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up