Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
geez do i know KC better than you guys? what about the opener last year or the buffalo game during the season? they ran it more than they threw it.
The BUF game was played during a hurricane. Also, the Bills D was terrible vs. the run last season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:16 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
It was interesting in Mahomes' presser the other day where he said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing) that every time he thinks that he's got the playbook down, Reid gives him a whole new section he hasn't seen before, and that keeps everything fresh and exciting to him.

To me, given the extreme diversity that we've seen since day 1 of the Mahomes era, to think we still haven't seen all of it is truly amazing.
I love the idea of being able to use TE-heavy personnel inside the 20. 12, 13, 14... all set you up to create matchup advantages and also give you a package that isn't as dependent on being able to stretch the field vertically.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:32 PM 09-10-2021
Cleveland fans and their media are delusional.

A media lady from Cleveland was on the Drive today- she said "This defense is rebuilt, tough and fast!"

They think a defense playing together for the first time is going to slow down the Best offense in the NFL. Plus, their secondary are hampered by leg injuries.

Chiefs will put up 35 plus on these fools.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:44 PM 09-10-2021
not really its just what happened. both teams went to 2 championships in the 60's and won 1. the chiefs went to 1 afc championship game until 2018 the browns have been to 5 afc championship games.

both teams are back on track now so game on.
The past doesnt matter.

Cleveland is a good team, I like to see it. Mahomes vs. Mayfield is a fun game to watch. I love seeing the Browns in the playoff hunt each year. Its well passed time for some new teams to take over the hierarchy in the NFL.

I fully expect to beat the Browns this week but I also expect to see them in the Playoffs later.

The Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC if you want to show you are for real. Man, it feels good to say that.

Good luck to the Browns and eastsidedawg, AFTER this week.

Hope its a great game with no injuries!

GO CHIEFS!!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:47 AM 09-11-2021
Testing..
https://www.progressive.com/lp/boat/...RoCZsMQAvD_BwE
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 05:05 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
The past doesnt matter.

Cleveland is a good team, I like to see it. Mahomes vs. Mayfield is a fun game to watch. I love seeing the Browns in the playoff hunt each year. Its well passed time for some new teams to take over the hierarchy in the NFL.

I fully expect to beat the Browns this week but I also expect to see them in the Playoffs later.

The Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC if you want to show you are for real. Man, it feels good to say that.

Good luck to the Browns and eastsidedawg, AFTER this week.

Hope its a great game with no injuries!

GO CHIEFS!!
hoping for a good game i dont think the browns can win week 1. Hope they make it interesting.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:37 AM 09-11-2021
Same....old....sorry ass....Browns
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:57 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I love the idea of being able to use TE-heavy personnel inside the 20. 12, 13, 14... all set you up to create matchup advantages and also give you a package that isn't as dependent on being able to stretch the field vertically.
4 TEs is going to be cool, but I like the prospect of Hill on the field with three of them.....what do you do then? I mean, teams have to double Hill right? and they probably also have to double Kelce right? and do you send in LBs or DBs? Then, I think at some point, you split Kelce out opposite Hill, so now you have 4 defenders guarding two player split out wide, leaving ??? in the middle....

going to be bad ass!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:38 AM 09-11-2021
So Chris Simms says "he's picking the Browns to beat the Chiefs in the AFC championship game and go to the superbowl"!!. Now I'm not one to deny if a team is quality or not..i call a spade a spade. BUT!!..lets take a closer look at some things shall we?

The revamped Browns defense..

1. Delpit, Jok and Newsome haven't played a single NFL game yet.

2. Delpit and Greedy Williams are coming off longterm injuries which has seen them not play a game for over a year.

3. Clowney is injury prone and has three sacks in two years.

4. Johnson is decent but their other saftey, Harrison, was not great last season and he, along with Ward (who is good but not the same as his rookie year), were part of a shockingly bad secondary last year.

5. They had a glaring weakness at the linebacker spot last year so who are their options this season? Takitaki, Wilson and Jok?? Does that sound elite?

6. They lost Richardson from the middle of their D-line and have a bunch of guys who I've heard folks describe as "jags"

7. And most importantly their defense has not played a single game together.

But when you listen to the media the word is "they potentially have the best roster in the league"..."they have a great defense"..." they have great players in all areas" etc etc.

But how can those narratives be formed when their defense is filled with rookies, guys coming off longterm injuries and a unit that hasn't played together yet? It's baffling tbh.

Offensively I won't question them as they clearly have talent..but defensively they have proved absolutely nothing..can they stop the run? Can they stop the pass? Can they not be fooled by play action? It's a mystery but the media are sucking the Browns nipples as usual. It will be interesting to see their defense on sunday..i'll happily eat humble pie if they look like the 85 bears.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:49 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So Chris Simms says "he's picking the Browns to beat the Chiefs in the AFC championship game and go to the superbowl"!!. Now I'm not one to deny if a team is quality or not..i call a spade a spade. BUT!!..lets take a closer look at some things shall we?

2. Delpit and Greedy Williams are coming off longterm injuries which has seen them not play a game for over a year.

4. Johnson is decent but their other saftey, Harrison, was not great last season and he, along with Ward (who is good but not the same as his rookie year), were part of a shockingly bad secondary last year.

5. They had a glaring weakness at the linebacker spot last year so who are their options this season? Takitaki, Wilson and Jok?? Does that sound elite?

6. They lost Richardson from the middle of their D-line and have a bunch of guys who I've heard folks describe as "jags"

But when you listen to the media the word is "they potentially have the best roster in the league"..."they have a great defense"..." they have great players in all areas" etc etc.

But how can those narratives be formed when their defense is filled with rookies, guys coming off longterm injuries and a unit that hasn't played together yet? It's baffling tbh.

Offensively I won't question them as they clearly have talent..but defensively they have proved absolutely nothing..can they stop the run? Can they stop the pass? Can they not be fooled by play action? It's a mystery but the media are sucking the Browns nipples as usual. It will be interesting to see their defense on sunday..i'll happily eat humble pie if they look like the 85 bears.
:-)

Excellent post. This is why I posted that their media and fans are delusional. They talk like this is the 85 Bears. The reality is, they have 4 guys in their secondary listed on the injury report for this game. How are they going to chase the Chiefs receivers around on gimpy hamstrings and knees?

Paper Tigers.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:52 AM 09-11-2021
hoping for a good game i dont think the browns can win week 1. Hope they make it interesting.

Talks shit all week on an opposing team's board- then posts what we already know.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:23 AM 09-11-2021
Should be a good game. So ready for football after the Royals this year. Salvy has been a nice bright spot for the team.

The Browns have a very good offense; Hunt and Chubb are a formidable combination of backs. Landry and Beckham are very good receivers. Mayfield is not Mahomes however he's adequate and like most NFL quarterbacks, if you don't get pressure, he is going to make plays.

I'm expecting that the Chiefs will see a lot of 3 man fronts and cover 2/3 defensive alignments this year. The Chiefs had some problems in the red zone last year and I'm hopeful that we will see some new wrinkles in the play calling to bring that TD vs FG percentage up.

Expecting the Chiefs to win however it's not an easy task.
[Reply]
FAX 10:27 AM 09-11-2021
Jittery. I feel like I've just eaten a handful of mini-whites.

I don't worry about our offense. I don't worry about the Skidmarks' defense. My concern centers around our defense's ability to stop the Skidmarks' run game (or lack, thereof).

With Willy The Gay out of action and Honey Badger potentially sidelined due to the NFL's rather bizarre Coof policy, we risk the inability to get off the field on defense, tiring out, and seeing a 4th quarter that doesn't go our way.

My dream is that the Chiefs offense comes out smoking hot and we lead by 21 at halftime. That's the kind of game I'd like to see ... mainly because I don't need the stress associated with a competitive game.

In summary ...

Screw the Skidmarks and screw their hopes.

FAX
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 10:49 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

i agree i dont think they are going to be a top 10 D. they only have to be average for the browns to take the next step. like i said in a previous post.

Browns gave up 30+ points 7 times in the regular season (chiefs 3 times)

they held the other team 17 or less 4 times 2 of those had 50 mph winds that no one could throw the ball 1 game it rained the entire time so only 1 the giants game was not weather impacted. (Chiefs 6 times).

Last year the chiefs D was miles better than the browns.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 10:50 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Talks shit all week on an opposing team's board- then posts what we already know.
not really talking shit just to people that are saying this is going to be a blowout mostly.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 106
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up