ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 199
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 03:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And that’s partly Hill’s fault. Hill could have agreed to a new deal before this offseason but he didn’t. He waited to see what Godwin and Adams got. And then that forced Veach’s hand.
Veach shouldn’t kidnapped him and forced him!
[Reply]
BossChief 03:54 PM 03-23-2022
I wonder what Miami and NY offered GB for Adams…both were on the trade market at that point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:55 PM 03-23-2022

Odds to win Super Bowl at @BetMGM

Before Tyreek trade:
▪️ Chiefs +900
▪️ Dolphins +5000

After:
▪️ Chiefs +900
▪️ Dolphins +5000

— John Ewing �� (@johnewing) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:55 PM 03-23-2022
Eric B was announced he was coming back a few weeks later Cheetah said goodbye to the Kingdom on Twitter
[Reply]
SixAlpha 03:56 PM 03-23-2022
His stay here is over. We have what we have. We can move on and see what the possibilities are.. My position is we need one more decent veteran and a stud rookie. I think it can work if we play our cards properly. That door closed but it does open some new ones. Pretty excited to see what happens. On paper the other teams in the division are better.. but this isn’t madden and games are not played on paper. Let’s Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:56 PM 03-23-2022
I'm pumped for this draft let's go boys and girls. Draft is deep as fuck because of the covid year.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That's great, if true.

Clowney is not average (he's an above average player)
White is not average (he's an above average player)
Bradberry is not average (he's an above average player, probably a top 10 NFL corner)

Those would also be replacing the following guys from your 2022 roster:

White <------- Niemann
Clowney <------- Okafor/Danna
Bradberry <------ Ward

Those are clear and large upgrades at 2 spots, and Bradberry to Ward is at worst a break-even (many would say upgrade).

KC can also get those players, and maybe even a proven WR, too, all under contract for the cap space cleared by Hill (and by a Brown extension, if that comes, and perhaps a Kelce restructure).

There are still a plethora of WRs who would help this team and be credible #2 types in this offense in free agency, if the team wants to go that route.

Even without the picks, the team is using resources to strengthen other positions to make up for the step back at WR.
Wait did I just read that Bradberry has a $22 million cap hit? So we are going to trade for this guy and that would require probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

and you think that is better than having hill. wtf man
[Reply]
JPH83 03:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
For the record, I am not putting this move down. I am officially on record as saying I love Tyreek and would have loved to have kept him, but I will wait to see how things play out before I pass judgment.

I'm just saying in general, I have really been feeling like we squandered a great opportunity over the last few years. Yes, that one Super Bowl win was fantastic, but another would have been ideal. I'd hate for us to look back in 10 years and that 2019 chip is the only one we added with Mahomes ala Rodgers, Brees, etc.
Think I agree, but obviously agree we need to all relax and see how we feel after the draft and FA. Either way, and I know it's not logical, but it makes me f***ing hate that useless slug Clark and his horrendous, hate crime of a contract even more.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Wait did I just read that Bradberry has a $22 million cap hit? So we are going to trade for this guy and that would require probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

and you think that is better than having hill. wtf man
It’s $13 million and they aren’t getting a 2nd.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 03:58 PM 03-23-2022
It's unfortunate that we didn't win the Super Bowl in our last season with Hill, but at least we were able to showcase what Hill can do in the game against Buffalo. I wonder how much more we were able to get for Hill, than we would have received otherwise, after everyone saw him right by the Buffalo defense in that playoff game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:58 PM 03-23-2022
And that’s partly Hill’s fault. Hill could have agreed to a new deal before this offseason but he didn’t. He waited to see what Godwin and Adams got. And then that forced Veach’s hand.
Again, no it didn't, at least regarding his decision to accept shit for trade offers. At the fucking bare minimum make them both sweat it out and perhaps you can get better than chaff from the Dolphins in 2023 or maybe even #10 from the Jets if they get nervous enough at the prospect of the Dolphins snatching him up. Absolutely no reason to accept both those offers today. None. The draft isn't for another month.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:59 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Yeah, no, we started this so late in the process that a large number of teams were eliminated simply because they don't have the space to do a deal now. Try and find a suitor at that start of February instead of late March and you've got a helluva lot more options and potential packages to pick from.
They were trying to keep him. They didn't set out with the intention of getting rid of him. JFC dude.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 03:59 PM 03-23-2022
You get less because he’s one year older and not on the last year of his contract.
But we got a much better shot at winning a super bowl this year. I think you have to take that shot and deal with trading hill next year even if that means we get a 2nd for him instead of what we got. I'd rather take the super bowl shot this season and get less next year.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:59 PM 03-23-2022
Bradberry isn’t good enough to send a pick and give an extension.

JMO
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They were trying to keep him. They didn't set out with the intention of getting rid of him. JFC dude.
I'm talking about next February, dude.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 199
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up