ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 199
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Prolly demanded a trade when Eric B was brought back
HMMMMMM
[Reply]
-King- 03:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He'll get the $120M if he is there for 4 fucking years. So stop saying he's only going to get $72M if he's there for 4 years, you dumbass.
120 is the max value. You don't know what he has to do to reach the max value.

It's like calling Juju's contract a $10 million contract.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

Are you in the running for the dumbest member on CP or something?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Will we suck? No. But it really dents our championship hopes for this year with him gone.
Giving him a contract like Miami gave him would have dented more than just this year's championship hopes. He was never getting that kind of money in KC.

So the only other option is to trade him away. They chose to do it now instead of later. If you honestly think they would have gotten that much of a better deal waiting a year, I don't know what to tell you. That's nothing but wishful thinking.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He isn’t happy with what we got. Even though nobody else was reportedly in on the deal except for two teams.
Not many teams at this point in the offseason had the cap space and draft picks paired with need to make the trade happen.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
For the record, I am not putting this move down. I am officially on record as saying I love Tyreek and would have loved to have kept him, but I will wait to see how things play out before I pass judgment.

I'm just saying in general, I have really been feeling like we squandered a great opportunity over the last few years. Yes, that one Super Bowl win was fantastic, but another would have been ideal. I'd hate for us to look back in 10 years and that 2019 chip is the only one we added with Mahomes ala Rodgers, Brees, etc.
Just be happy that we actually won a SB.

Imagine if we didn’t.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
How does that make any sense? You can call it 3 years $72m, sure, but if it's 4 years, it's $120m.

Overall, this is a 4-year extension worth $120M per agent @DrewJRosenhaus with $72.2M guaranteed. As @TomPelissero said, the 3-year numbers are below. https://t.co/3Ntrj8Edm6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Clarification: As @RapSheet mentioned, Tyreek Hill’s new contract also includes another, non-guaranteed year that pushes it to a four-year, $120M extension in all through 2026. But effectively, it’s the numbers above, which beat Davante Adams in cash flow. A strong deal.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 23, 2022

I think you're right. Schefter sucks at reporting contracts.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:50 PM 03-23-2022
What is this “tee off” bullshit? Did we lose our offensive line? We playing 7 on 7?
Your anxiety is showing already and it seems my concern is your concern as well.:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:50 PM 03-23-2022
WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE

I'll go on record, we're winning the west again and I'll take my chances with Mahomes beyond that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

Sure and his contract also isn’t 4 years and $72 million either. If he’s there that 4th year….then he’s getting more than $72 million.

And no…he’s not worth $30 million a season. Not when he’s 32 years old.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:50 PM 03-23-2022
Will we suck? No. But it really dents our championship hopes for this year with him gone.
Our Championship hopes were already dented when we were boxed into resigning Clark and having no legit Edge on this team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The only way to get any return on him next year would be to tag him.

The bidding for a tagged player STARTS at two 1st round picks. We barely got ONE.

You're kidding yourself if you think this would have played out any differently next year.
:-) Yeah, no, we started this so late in the process that a large number of teams were eliminated simply because they don't have the space to do a deal now. Try and find a suitor at that start of February instead of late March and you've got a helluva lot more options and potential packages to pick from.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:52 PM 03-23-2022
:-) Yeah, no, we started this so late in the process that a large number of teams were eliminated simply because they don't have the space to do a deal now. Try and find a suitor at that start of February instead of late March and you've got a helluva lot more options and potential packages to pick from.
And that’s partly Hill’s fault. Hill could have agreed to a new deal before this offseason but he didn’t. He waited to see what Godwin and Adams got. And then that forced Veach’s hand.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just be happy that we actually won a SB.

Imagine if we didn’t.
Abso-fucking-lutely not
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:52 PM 03-23-2022
And that’s partly Hill’s fault. Hill could have agreed to a new deal before this offseason but he didn’t. He waited to see what Godwin and Adams got. And then that forced Veach’s hand.
Yup
[Reply]
Page 78 of 199
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up