ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 199
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
When did I ever say they suck without Hill?
If they won't suck without Hill, why is it such a fucking massive problem they traded him?

They just got $20M of cap space and a handful of draft picks that will save further millions over the next 4-5 years.

The ONLY reason to bemoan the trading of Hill is if you think the Chiefs will fail without him. If you think they'll be fine, what the fuck is the problem?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just to clarify the contract thing, Spotrac has been updated and has it listed as:
and no QB to throw to him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just to clarify the contract thing, Spotrac has been updated and has it listed as:
And I'll be curious to see if that's a partial guarantee of his year 3 salary (in 24) -- agents love those early guarantees these days.

In which case, his first 3 years are realistically all guaranteed at that point.

I also wonder if that's going to be in addition to or in lieu of his 2022 figures.

No matter - I am certain Veach did everything he could to get a deal together and the math just didn't work. I very much doubt we low-balled him or he 'took less money to play for Miami' or whatever other nonsensical platitudes we typically hear from guys who switch teams.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:46 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they won't suck without Hill, why is it such a fucking massive problem they traded him?

They just got $20M of cap space and a handful of draft picks that will save further millions over the next 4-5 years.

The ONLY reason to bemoan the trading of Hill is if you think the Chiefs will fail without him. If you think they'll be fine, what the fuck is the problem?
He isn’t happy with what we got. Even though nobody else was reportedly in on the deal except for two teams.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:46 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You get less because he’s one year older and not on the last year of his contract.
Says who? Instead of a small handful of teams that even have the cap space to give Hill what he wants right now you'd have a massive pool of teams with a large influx of gambling cash now on the cap to negotiate and potentially start a bidding war with.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:46 PM 03-23-2022

Entitlement.

That’s your answer.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:46 PM 03-23-2022
I'm OK with this. Let's not freak out until free agency money is all spent and the draft goes down. This was not good news for Buffalo and New England, who now have to brush up on cover two deep...

And they did Hill a big favor trading him to where he really wanted to go. They didn't have to do that. He should have no hard feelings about being dealt. And he has $72 mill in guaranteed cabbage.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:46 PM 03-23-2022
If they won't suck without Hill, why is it such a ****ing massive problem they traded him?

The ONLY reason to bemoan the trading of Hill is if you think the Chiefs will fail without him. If you think they'll be fine, what the **** is the problem?
I am concerned that D's will relax now and begin to "tee off" more. Just saying.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:47 PM 03-23-2022
Prolly demanded a trade when Eric B was brought back
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 03-23-2022

Will we suck? No. But it really dents our championship hopes for this year with him gone.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:47 PM 03-23-2022
Says who? Instead of a small handful of teams that even have the cap space to give Hill what he wants right now you'd have a massive pool of teams with a large influx of gambling cash now on the cap to negotiate and potentially start a bidding war with.
And what happens if Tyreek tears his ACL in a playoff game?

Reality isn’t Madden.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 03-23-2022
The only way to get any return on him next year would be to tag him.

The bidding for a tagged player STARTS at two 1st round picks. We barely got ONE.

You're kidding yourself if you think this would have played out any differently next year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I am concerned that D's will relax now and begin to "tee off" more. Just saying.
What is this “tee off” bullshit? Did we lose our offensive line? We playing 7 on 7?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm OK with this. Let's not freak out until free agency money is all spent and the draft goes down. This was not good news for Buffalo and New England, who now have to brush up on cover two deep...
It's Teddy, they are not worried.:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Were you ready for 2018 all over again because you were about to see that defense on the field.

We won a championship and then went to a second SB. Some people need to temper their expectations.
For the record, I am not putting this move down. I am officially on record as saying I love Tyreek and would have loved to have kept him, but I will wait to see how things play out before I pass judgment.

I'm just saying in general, I have really been feeling like we squandered a great opportunity over the last few years. Yes, that one Super Bowl win was fantastic, but another would have been ideal. I'd hate for us to look back in 10 years and that 2019 chip is the only one we added with Mahomes ala Rodgers, Brees, etc.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 199
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up