Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:39 PM 08-23-2024
I'm not in any way calling Felix a bust. Far from it. Too early.

But I did go on record saying that when we rested our starters in game 17 last season, BJ Thompson clearly looked like the more dynamic player between FAU and him. And BJ didn't even come into the game until about halfway through the 3rd Q. BJ looked like he could be a real disrupter if he put on a little more bulk.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:41 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Holy shit! May as well be Clay out there.

Yep, that right there tells you all you need to know
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:33 PM 08-23-2024
So who went just after FAU that we should be upset we didn't grab?
[Reply]
In58men 08:37 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:42 PM 08-23-2024
Everyone thru round 4
[Reply]
lewdog 08:43 PM 08-23-2024
Jack Schit would have been better.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:46 PM 08-23-2024
If you rewatch the play, there's a LT and TE on his side of the formation. I won't pretend to know what his responsibilities/rules are on that play - and he has a history of being slow off the ball though Seth Keysor who charts all snaps says he's improved from last season - but maybe part of his role isn't just simply getting upfield to the QB in that situation but instead maintaining some lane discipline and possibly disrupting the TE's release? Maybe?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:49 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If you rewatch the play, there's a LT and TE on his side of the formation. I won't pretend to know what his responsibilities/rules are on that play - and he has a history of being slow off the ball though Seth Keysor who charts all snaps says he's improved from last season - but maybe part of his role isn't just simply getting upfield to the QB in that situation but instead maintaining some lane discipline and possibly disrupting the TE's release? Maybe?
You found it and I can't believe we missed it.

He's Frank Clark's replacement as the "set the edge guy."

It should have been so obvious!
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:23 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You found it and I can't believe we missed it.

He's Frank Clark's replacement as the "set the edge guy."

It should have been so obvious!
He really is Uzi
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 02:06 AM 08-24-2024
[QUOTE=suzzer99;17644313]So who went just after FAU that we should be upset we didn't grab?[/QUOT

Sam Laporta, who would’ve given us our replacement for Kelce and a great 2TE package until then. Joey Porter @CB who was an obvious need because we knew Sneed was going to go. Branch the other number two pick from Detroit at safety would’ve been great. QB Will Levis could have been interesting. We would have trained him behind Mahomes and next year traded him for a top number one draft choice to a team desperate for a QB. by the way, that’s probably the only way we will get into a position to draft a top 10 prospect. If we desperately needed a DE, which I don’t think we did, the Rams Brian Young would have been a much better pick and they got him in round three.

Probably the best choice would’ve been Porter.
[Reply]
Womble 02:32 AM 08-24-2024
[QUOTE=gordonelloyd;17644535]
So who went just after FAU that we should be upset we didn't grab?[/QUOT

Sam Laporta, who would’ve given us our replacement for Kelce and a great 2TE package until then. Joey Porter @CB who was an obvious need because we knew Sneed was going to go. Branch the other number two pick from Detroit at safety would’ve been great. QB Will Levis could have been interesting. We would have trained him behind Mahomes and next year traded him for a top number one draft choice to a team desperate for a QB. by the way, that’s probably the only way we will get into a position to draft a top 10 prospect. If we desperately needed a DE, which I don’t think we did, the Rams Brian Young would have been a much better pick and they got him in round three.

Probably the best choice would’ve been Porter.
The meltdown on here and in KC would have been something special had we taken Will Levis with our pick.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:36 AM 08-24-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Everyone thru round 4
I really wanted Mingo, with our coaching staff and QB, but thought LaPorta would have worked, although most wanted Mayer.

I also would have taken Joey Porter Jr.

I also would have taken Foskey, or Musgrave, or Ojulari.

As always, the players we liked, we liked with our coaching staff, not the bumbling idiots in Carolina or Cleveland, etc.
[Reply]
Cheater5 07:12 AM 08-24-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Correct. This wouldn't be an issue if Omenihu was still healthy.
And unfortunately, it likely won’t be until next season that Omenihu trusts his knee enough to be impactful in games. Rehab drills and the practice field aren’t going to replicate the intensity of live-fire; especially come playoff time.

Hopefully (and this is all conjecture) the Chiefs see FAU as the type who needs game reps to develop; he’s going to get a belly full of top notch competition early in the season. Iron sharpens iron, or something like that.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:24 AM 08-24-2024
Hes barely played yet so hes difficult to evaluate yet. I think he will be useful in pass rushing situation. Hes just a one trick pony. The good thing js we may never trail so teams have to lass all the time. Just ask Harbaugh.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:34 AM 08-24-2024
I just wonder does he have any trade value right now since he's still a recent #1. Could we get a 3 from the bears? I'd pull that trigger.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 79
« First < 26667273747576 777879 >
Up