ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 370
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:23 PM 06-17-2015
it's amazing that many people simply don't understand that it's better to have a big intercooler rather than a big turbo. The turbo can be big and all but if the air/fuel mix ain't cold going in, than it's a waste of time. Plus, the turbo itself creates a lot of heat. Much, much, much better to put as large of an intercooler into your car as you can cram into it, and have a smaller turbo. Much more efficient.
[Reply]
KC native 09:20 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Don't worry, you'll love that car i made the naming thread for. That car is going to be all about functionality....it's going to be made to drive the piss out of it....non-forced induction though. All motor.

That's why we're really looking forward to that one. We rarely get to build cars like that.
:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:43 AM 06-18-2015
Got a question for you guys

A buddy of mine is wanting to build a S-10 and put a V8 into it..he is talking about a 5.7 and putting a turbo onto it..it is being built to a daily driver/track runner

I was trying to talk him into a 5.3 with a turbo..my reasoning was the smaller bore of the 5.3 would make the turbo more efficient along with not being as hard because the the piston is being held more rigid with the rod being able to cover more area

I think I remember hearing about that when I was younger but I can't remember for sure..if I need to explain it better I can but it just seems to me that a certain size turbo pushing a certain amount of boost will work better in a slightly smaller bore than a larger
[Reply]
KC native 09:47 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Got a question for you guys

A buddy of mine is wanting to build a S-10 and put a V8 into it..he is talking about a 5.7 and putting a turbo onto it..it is being built to a daily driver/track runner

I was trying to talk him into a 5.3 with a turbo..my reasoning was the smaller bore of the 5.3 would make the turbo more efficient along with not being as hard because the the piston is being held more rigid with the rod being able to cover more area

I think I remember hearing about that when I was younger but I can't remember for sure..if I need to explain it better I can but it just seems to me that a certain size turbo pushing a certain amount of boost will work better in a slightly smaller bore than a larger
He needs to put a 5.7 with a supercharger on it in the truck with huge drag radials on it and naked lady mudflaps.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:49 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
He needs to put a 5.7 with a supercharger on it in the truck with huge drag radials on it and naked lady mudflaps.
The mud flaps will help add about 20 horsepower right
[Reply]
KC native 09:51 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
The mud flaps will help add about 20 horsepower right
Yes, plus they help the tires get better traction.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:54 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Yes, plus they help the tires get better traction.
Then they will be going on..I wonder if a naked lady sticker on the back window will help with horsepower and aerodynamics
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:11 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
it's amazing that many people simply don't understand that it's better to have a big intercooler rather than a big turbo. The turbo can be big and all but if the air/fuel mix ain't cold going in, than it's a waste of time. Plus, the turbo itself creates a lot of heat. Much, much, much better to put as large of an intercooler into your car as you can cram into it, and have a smaller turbo. Much more efficient.
Turbo size is based on the performance you're looking for. You don't put a small turbo on a large displacement motor if you're looking for big power.

Turbo size absolutely matters. A Small turbo will spool fast, but it's only going to move so much volume. With a high Displacement motor, the motor is going to push a shit ton of exhaust.

But yes, it has to be adequately cooled, no question about that.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:15 AM 06-18-2015
Last turbo car we did, prior to the one we're doing now, used this beastly mofo with a 392 Stroker.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tn...FUlqfgodptkFiA

The current car's turbos are 59mm.....which are dwarfed by that thing.
[Reply]
johnny961 02:15 AM 06-19-2015
BTW Detoxing, you being in the custom business you seem to know suspension set ups. Later this year I want to buy new upper and lower adjustable control arms for the 2014 stang factory 3 link with poly bushings to help with wheel hop under hard straight line acceleration. I would also like to try some different shocks/struts. Something to help plant the ass end under hard acceleration without totally trashing the handling. I know it will be somewhat of a compromise. I was looking at either the Koni adjustable yellows or the Strange street/drag adjustables. I am not into corner carving but would like to maintain some semblance of ride quality and ok cornering as this car sees mostly street use. Which one of these front strut/rear shocks should I look at or is there something better than either of these setups? Anyone else versed in these cars feel free to chime in.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:31 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by johnny961:
BTW Detoxing, you being in the custom business you seem to know suspension set ups. Later this year I want to buy new upper and lower adjustable control arms for the 2014 stang factory 3 link with poly bushings to help with wheel hop under hard straight line acceleration. I would also like to try some different shocks/struts. Something to help plant the ass end under hard acceleration without totally trashing the handling. I know it will be somewhat of a compromise. I was looking at either the Koni adjustable yellows or the Strange street/drag adjustables. I am not into corner carving but would like to maintain some semblance of ride quality and ok cornering as this car sees mostly street use. Which one of these front strut/rear shocks should I look at or is there something better than either of these setups? Anyone else versed in these cars feel free to chime in.
Honestly, we rarely see late model cars. Only once in awhile, when one of our early model customers just needs some basic work done. I haven't seen a late model Mustang roll through our shop in...probably about 2 years at least. It's not our niche.

So, this is just my opinion and i have no personal experience as it pertains to your particular car, but we've always felt that Koni's are the "bee's knees".

If it were my car, i'd go with Koni. They have the best reputation in the game, pretty widely accepted as one of the best, if not THE best shock/struts in the aftermarket suspension industry.

Strange Engineering made their name in the Driveline/Rear End industry. That's pretty much what they're known for, their 3rd member, axles and the like.

When i think of Strange Engineering making suspension products, it kinda reminds me of Edelbrock making suspension products. Sure, it's a reputable brand and they've expanded their lineup to include that kind of stuff, but it's not exactly their specialty.....vs something like Koni or Bilstein or QA1....where that's pretty much all they do, and likely spend much more R&D time developing those products.

tl;dr, I don't know about the Strange stuff as far as how good it is. They wouldn't be my first choice for suspension products, when i think of Strange i think of awesome Cryo treated 3rd members etc. Koni has been an established renowned name in their industry forever, and i've never met some one who wasn't ecstatic about their purchase. Koni's can be very expensive $$$, Blistein is a good alternative to those....also look into QA1.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:42 PM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No shots of the back because you don't want us seeing the Cards decal on the rear window that covers all of it?
here ya go
Attached: image.jpg (178.9 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:43 PM 06-19-2015
More for lewdog
Attached: image.jpg (133.7 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 05:49 PM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
here ya go
You drove it on sand!?!?

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:10 PM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You drove it on sand!?!?

There are some beaches around here that have a harder pack of sand that you can drive a car on. Daytona Beach is the most famous one down here. They raced the Daytona 500 on sand up until post war, I think.

Got the tint done today. Went with 15% tint. Legal limit here in Florida is 33%. I decided I'd rather pay the damn fine than put some wimpy tint on such a bad ass car.
Attached: scat pack pic post tint.jpg (120.0 KB) scat pack pic post tint2.jpg (50.7 KB) scat pack pic post tint3.jpg (48.6 KB) scat pack pic post tint6.jpg (88.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 75 of 370
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up