Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:11 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Losing that Super Bowl may add two or three trophies in the long run.

It's possible that this team could've become complacent.

As it is, they're hungry. RAVENOUS.

Bad news for the NFL.
Andy's kid ruined their focus.
The refs handed us a SB record in penalty yards helping Brady like always. So bad the media said it felt dirty.
The OL had UDFA all over it from injuries.
Two TDS' were dropped.

We had the right attitude and the above ruined it. We had kicked TB ass already once.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:12 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
Same chiefs and bills fans that say baker should be good because look at all the help he has around him...........next sentence out their mouth ..........the bills/ chiefs have a better roster than the browns everyone says so :-)
Daquix
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:13 AM 09-09-2021
Nobody in the stands to rush the field in protest at SB LV.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:28 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Losing that Super Bowl may add two or three trophies in the long run.

It's possible that this team could've become complacent.

As it is, they're hungry. RAVENOUS.

Bad news for the NFL.
I find that reasoning ridiculous. The only thing losing the SB did was directly and factually prevent another trophy from going into the case. I think it's ridiculous to think a team motivated enough to get to the SB twice in a row needs extra motivation just to win it. They're there because of the talent and hard work, not because they need motivation from losing a game.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:36 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Andy's kid ruined their focus.
The refs handed us a SB record in penalty yards helping Brady like always. So bad the media said it felt dirty.
The OL had UDFA all over it from injuries.
Two TDS' were dropped.

We had the right attitude and the above ruined it. We had kicked TB ass already once.
Andy’s horrific gameplan with a patchwork OL was idiotic. Long developing plays weren’t working, and he never readjusted to what TB was doing defensively. Thinking he could just go back to the same gameplan that worked the previous game was a huge mistake.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:44 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I find that reasoning ridiculous. The only thing losing the SB did was directly and factually prevent another trophy from going into the case. I think it's ridiculous to think a team motivated enough to get to the SB twice in a row needs extra motivation just to win it. They're there because of the talent and hard work, not because they need motivation from losing a game.
Really?

A team that frequently went on cruise control?

At some point, it's human nature.

At some point, it's human nature to start thinking about yourself, or about your contract, or just plain getting mentally tired. It's a BIG part of what the super bowl hangover phenomenon is all about. It's INCREDIBLY difficult to maintain the level of focus and determination and personal sacrifice year in and year out.

I think you're underestimating just how difficult a task it is.

It's not just about superior physical talent level.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:07 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Andy’s horrific gameplan with a patchwork OL was idiotic. Long developing plays weren’t working, and he never readjusted to what TB was doing defensively. Thinking he could just go back to the same gameplan that worked the previous game was a huge mistake.
Could this be why Bienemy still doesn't have a HC job? I mean Andy was distracted based off of his son, so if EB is the true offensive coordinator, shouldn't he have made adjustments? If it really is all Andy then that could explain why no one will hire EB as they know this.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:16 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Could this be why Bienemy still doesn't have a HC job? I mean Andy was distracted based off of his son, so if EB is the true offensive coordinator, shouldn't he have made adjustments? If it really is all Andy then that could explain why no one will hire EB as they know this.
This has been my theory for some time now. There's something that teams who interviewed him just don't like.This makes the most sense to me.

If no one else around the league sees him as a HC candidate, I'm not sold on him becoming the next Chiefs HC should AR retire
[Reply]
tredadda 08:23 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
This has been my theory for some time now. There's something that teams who interviewed him just don't like.This makes the most sense to me.

If no one else around the league sees him as a HC candidate, I'm not sold on him becoming the next Chiefs HC should AR retire
It makes sense. Look at all the "defensive genius" HCs that flame out when they leave NE. Belichick is the true Defensive Coordinator and those guys are placeholders. Flores looks like he might be the exception to the rule even if he was never a Defensive Coordinator.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:24 AM 09-09-2021
Honestly I wish Andy would have let EB call the offense in the SB cuz he was too distracted.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:31 AM 09-09-2021
Yeah, all that as well. The plan should have scraped after the first quarter.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 AM 09-09-2021
Honestly I wish Andy would have let EB call the offense in the SB cuz he was too distracted.
Perhaps, but that is a huge problem for EB then. It shows that he isn't the true OC or Andy doesn't trust him enough. If Andy is unwilling to let others call the shots and EB stays then that is on EB, unless the plan is to make him the heir apparent for Reid. It definitely wouldn't have hurt for EB to call the plays in the SB. With the way the offense was playing we had nothing to lose.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:48 AM 09-09-2021
Perhaps, but that is a huge problem for EB then. It shows that he isn't the true OC or Andy doesn't trust him enough. If Andy is unwilling to let others call the shots and EB stays then that is on EB, unless the plan is to make him the heir apparent for Reid. It definitely wouldn't have hurt for EB to call the plays in the SB. With the way the offense was playing we had nothing to lose.
This is my thinking. Think about it, it's the best of all worlds, really.

EB is learning/knows the playbook. He will take over knowing that playbook. He will satisfy the minority requirement. He will take over a team with the best QB and, at least right now, one of the hottest teams in the NFL. He's been here almost 10 years and wouldn't have to uproot for a unknown team. (see the Chiefs the last 40 years). Coaching a winner gets winners salary. Amazing front office, amazing owner.

I'd be willing to wait my turn as well. Gain knowledge and rack up trophies while you're at it. I sure as hell wouldn't be going anywhere to possibly flame out as many coaches have becoming a HC for the first time.

Now, maybe it isn't set in stone, but would sure as hell be a better fit than some other coach coming in here. I'd at least try for the position.

My measly cheap 2 cents.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:10 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
This is my thinking. Think about it, it's the best of all worlds, really.

EB is learning/knows the playbook. He will take over knowing that playbook. He will satisfy the minority requirement. He will take over a team with the best QB and, at least right now, one of the hottest teams in the NFL. He's been here almost 10 years and wouldn't have to uproot for a unknown team. (see the Chiefs the last 40 years). Coaching a winner gets winners salary. Amazing front office, amazing owner.

I'd be willing to wait my turn as well. Gain knowledge and rack up trophies while you're at it. I sure as hell wouldn't be going anywhere to possibly flame out as many coaches have becoming a HC for the first time.

Now, maybe it isn't set in stone, but would sure as hell be a better fit than some other coach coming in here. I'd at least try for the position.

My measly cheap 2 cents.
Makes sense, but if that's truly the case will he be willing to wait that long? Andy has given no hints that he plans to retire anytime soon and he might try to hang on as long as Mahomes is here unless health forces him to retire before he wants to.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:29 AM 09-09-2021
That's the $50 question, isn't it?

Have no clue, just my thoughts on it.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 106
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up