Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 03:14 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By the time Omenihu came back there was little to no playing time for a rookie with Karlaftis, Omenihu, and Danna. Omenihu and Karlaftis played liked two double digit sack guys while Danna was as good as a 3rd DE gets.

That's pretty damn close to "loaded".
They kicked Jones out there at times. There were snaps to be had if he was ready for them.

In the end, it was a fine pick. Highly valuable position, long term etc.

It's not ideal but they did what was smart positionally. Now you just hope he's developed.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:16 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
They kicked Jones out there at times. There were snaps to be had if he was ready for them.

It's not ideal but they did what was smart positionally. Now you just hope he's developed.
Umm not for the reason you're implying and this doesn't help your argument at all. Jones gets snaps at DE because he's just really fucking good there and to take advantage of a mismatch. It's not out of necessity due to lack of talent at the position.

So back to my original point, tell me which rookie from last year was getting snaps over Karlaftis, Danna, Oemnihu, and Jones at DE?
[Reply]
O.city 03:18 PM 08-12-2024
Umm not for the reason you're implying and this doesn't help your argument at all. Jones gets snaps at DE because he's just really ****ing good there and to take advantage of a mismatch. It's not out of necessity due to lack of talent at the position.

So tell me which rookie from last year was getting snaps over Karlaftis, Danna, Oemnihu, and Jones at DE.
So take Jones from his DT spot, where he's shown to be what he has just because he's good from the DE spot, but that's nothing to do with what they had out there?

Where did I say anything about another rookie DE?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:19 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
He's a 1st round pick. I think it's understandable to want to see more from him.

He should be supplanting Mike Danna by now.
Why? Danna is a really good vet.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 08-12-2024
Kind of a tough small sample size thing. Hindsight being what it is...you probably take LaPorta in that spot right?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:23 PM 08-12-2024

Jones gets reps at DE because of the package and the look we're trying to give. If your assertion is that FAU isn't as good as Jones, well, you're probably right.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:23 PM 08-12-2024
Kind of a tough small sample size thing. Hindsight being what it is...you probably take LaPorta in that spot right?
I would. Not even a knock on FAU.
[Reply]
O.city 03:24 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I would. Not even a knock on FAU.
I'd think knowing what you know now...yeah that's pretty much who you'd take.

I could be talked into Brian Branch I guess as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:25 PM 08-12-2024
Absolutely, but I might have done that anyway. I've been wanting another great TE to pair with/replace long term for some time. Laporta was a/the bright spot on that Iowa offense.

Now I hope that Wiley is that guy.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:28 PM 08-12-2024
Sam LaPorta or Tank Dell if we’re doing a redraft
[Reply]
Wallymo 03:29 PM 08-12-2024
Felix is also only 22 years old with potential for continued physical growth. The team took a flier on a high-value position and will find out this season whether it was worthwhile. I don't think the expectation was ever that FAU would play a lot last season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 08-12-2024
We had the #1 defense in the NFL last year. None of those guys would've been on the field much either. You're being obtuse.
Again - when the playoffs came, we were giving Malik Herring reps over him.

I didn't expect him to beat Omenihu but I would've liked to have seen him nipping at Danna's heels by the end of the year.

And you DAMN sure don't want to see him behind complete JAGS like Malik Herring come the post-season of his rookie year.

There is cause for concern here. He could make it look absurd by week 2, but there's no sense in whistling past the graveyard either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:35 PM 08-12-2024
I'd think knowing what you know now...yeah that's pretty much who you'd take.

I could be talked into Brian Branch I guess as well.
As we continue to try to figure out CB2, it would be pretty nice to have a large, athletic, physical CB like Joey Porter Jr. out there...

He'd have been a set and forget replacement for Sneed.
[Reply]
O.city 03:36 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - when the playoffs came, we were giving Malik Herring reps over him.

I didn't expect him to beat Omenihu but I would've liked to have seen him nipping at Danna's heels by the end of the year.

And you DAMN sure don't want to see him behind complete JAGS like Malik Herring come the post-season of his rookie year.

There is cause for concern here. He could make it look absurd by week 2, but there's no sense in whistling past the graveyard either.
Does them resigning Danna give you pause about FAU or is that more to cover for Omenihu being out most of the year?
[Reply]
O.city 03:37 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
As we continue to try to figure out CB2, it would be pretty nice to have a large, athletic, physical CB like Joey Porter Jr. out there...

He'd have been a set and forget replacement for Sneed.
I had thought about him.

I can't see them going back to back first rounders at CB but they did it with DE so who knows.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 79
« First < 22626869707172 73747576 > Last »
Up