ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 173
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I don't even know what "plodding runner" means, it's like people can't say he's slow anymore so they're just making stuff up now to be negative.

The fumbling thing is legit but that's correctable
And he's due a little credit there. He DID feel that pressure coming and tried to bring the ball in just as the arm raked through. It almost looked like it may have slipped a little as he was bringing it tight and that helped it squirt out.

Maybe just one of those things where he wasn't quite used to NFL speed yet but there's comfort to take from the fact that he was clearly aware of the possibility.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 01:00 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
He does need to keep a good handle on the ball. The last two catches in that video, one started to come out and the other got hit as well. Just a detail he needs to pay attention to.
True enough! Hopefully they have him working on that a lot.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:07 PM 08-20-2023
If I'm betting on any of the WRs in that room developing into a WR1, it's definitely Rice.

I feel great about Rice/Skyy/Ross. If Toney could just stay healthy, that's a really talented young group that's also cheap for the next 2-3 years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If I'm betting on any of the WRs in that room developing into a WR1, it's definitely Rice.

I feel great about Rice/Skyy/Ross. If Toney could just stay healthy, that's a really talented young group that's also cheap for the next 2-3 years.
I'd bank on Toney because IF he stays healthy, he has every tool to be a truly dynamic weapon.

Rice doesn't have a 5th gear.

Which doesn't matter much if he's just out there destroying creation as an X.

I think Rice is the most likely of anyone we have to be a 1,000 yard receiver in the next 3 seasons. But I think if we're gonna have a true top 10-15 weapon at the position, it'll be Toney.
[Reply]
notorious 01:18 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I don't even know what "plodding runner" means, it's like people can't say he's slow anymore so they're just making stuff up now to be negative.

The fumbling thing is legit but that's correctable
Feet look heavy, like Baldwin.

Also, I'm being negative? I thought this was a football message board where people discuss what they see. Being negative is saying something and hoping above all else I'm right even though it hurts the team. I want Rice to be awesome and to be completely wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:25 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd bank on Toney because IF he stays healthy, he has every tool to be a truly dynamic weapon.

Rice doesn't have a 5th gear.

Which doesn't matter much if he's just out there destroying creation as an X.

I think Rice is the most likely of anyone we have to be a 1,000 yard receiver in the next 3 seasons. But I think if we're gonna have a true top 10-15 weapon at the position, it'll be Toney.
Toney's upside is absolutely the highest. No disagreement there.

I'm just not betting on him because of the injuries.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:37 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Toney's upside is absolutely the highest. No disagreement there.

I'm just not betting on him because of the injuries.
That's what makes Richie James so refreshing. I think he is a nice complementary WR that gives you some of what Toney does, which is why I hope they bring back Toney slowly.

It's pretty clear they didn't like Hardman's ability to run routes and play the position, so they went with James who isn't as fast, but can play the position at a higher level.

We don't have a top level 1, but we've got a lot of guys who can be a WR2 or WR3 and with Mahomes that's more than enough.

Great job by Veach and his staff finding quality WR talent at a cheap price
[Reply]
JPH83 01:50 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Feet look heavy, like Baldwin.

Also, I'm being negative? I thought this was a football message board where people discuss what they see. Being negative is saying something and hoping above all else I'm right even though it hurts the team. I want Rice to be awesome and to be completely wrong.
I kinda know what you mean, his feet don't look...light? Nimble? I dunno, maybe a little flat? But he also looks pretty damn fast and surprisingly shifty, which chimes with his college YAC. If his feet look like stone but he's rapid as f*** i don't really care!
[Reply]
notorious 01:58 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I kinda know what you mean, his feet don't look...light? Nimble? I dunno, maybe a little flat? But he also looks pretty damn fast and surprisingly shifty, which chimes with his college YAC. If his feet look like stone but he's rapid as f*** i don't really care!
I haven't seen enough of him TBH, none of us really have. It was just a gut reaction, and all my bad memories of Baldwin and the same reaction I had to him came roaring back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That's what makes Richie James so refreshing. I think he is a nice complementary WR that gives you some of what Toney does, which is why I hope they bring back Toney slowly.

It's pretty clear they didn't like Hardman's ability to run routes and play the position, so they went with James who isn't as fast, but can play the position at a higher level.

We don't have a top level 1, but we've got a lot of guys who can be a WR2 or WR3 and with Mahomes that's more than enough.

Great job by Veach and his staff finding quality WR talent at a cheap price
Many of us said after Hill was traded that it's a more efficient use of Patrick to give him 3 good receivers than a great one and shattered ass.

Because Mahomes doesn't need a great receiver to be productive. But he can't so much bring roster chaff up to NFL caliber starters, either.

There's diminishing marginal returns on talent at WR once you get past 'NFL' level. He can't make much more out of Hill than Hill's capable of on his own. And he can't make Demarcus Robinson into a 700 yard guy.

But give him 3 Richie James sorts and he can get more out of them than you'll pay for. And that's absolutely critical going forward as he's not getting any cheaper and the caps not gonna get any easier to navigate.

So cap efficiency is critical and more depth is going to yield more efficiency for us than more ceiling.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:16 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That sounds an awful lot like Deebo. Did we find our Deebo in the draft?
Nah, Deebo has a completely different body type to the point he can play RB. Deebo quick twitch is a little quicker than Rice BUT Rice is a very good route runner and where he gets his separation. I just wished he would have caught that first pass, that would have been the 'cherry on top' to a very good night.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:18 PM 08-20-2023
Ritchie James will be the complete WR that Hardman should have been.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:20 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Would you equate him to an Antonio Brown in his prime as a Steeler type of potential or even better??
[Reply]
Bowser 02:21 PM 08-20-2023
Rashee officially ran a 4.51, so he's no Hardman. But he's apparently already worlds better at running routes, so I'll take that with a QB that has pinpoint accuracy on his passes.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:26 PM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Rashee officially ran a 4.51, so he's no Hardman. But he's apparently already worlds better at running routes, so I'll take that with a QB that has pinpoint accuracy on his passes.
This will definitely make up for those 2/10ths in the 40 for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Page 72 of 173
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up