Page 71 of 84
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kareem Hunt Thread*****
Dante84 08:38 PM 04-28-2017
Updates to come.

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:54 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’m all for bringing Hunt back if that’s what the Chiefs want to do but the nostalgia around here is hilarious. He didn’t do half the things people “remember “.
I remember him being pretty badass and punishing teams when they did not respect our running game.
[Reply]
threebag 09:08 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Let's be clear. When Andy had Smith he used Hunt and ran it a lot. Hunt led the league in rushing. Since Mahomes started he runs it less and less.
That’s because EB’s contract specifically says he call the plays
[Reply]
Stryker 09:14 PM 03-11-2022
Do not want back. That was THEN this is NOW. Would rather draft one of the following if it fits...

Breece Hall, Iowa State.
Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M.
James Cook, Georgia.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 PM 03-11-2022
Let’s be clear: Kareem Hunt was great here, absolutely.

But for all the things he did, he wasn’t a guy that was a threat to bust through the line and scamper 60 yards for a score every time he touched the ball. What he was good at was moving the chains. He was a punisher. Coincidentally, we need to start punishing teams that wanna play cover 2 soft.

He’s also not going to help Andy Reid commit to the run. People here forget that Hunt had as many games with less than 10 rushes as he did games with 25 or more.

Now that’s all talking about rushing. Where Hunt really shined, and what we’ve really lacked since Damien Williams, is a threat out of the backfield in the passing game. Kareem Hunt absolutely was a threat to break off long receptions.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:18 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I remember him being pretty badass and punishing teams when they did not respect our running game.
The 2017-2018 version of Kareem Hunt would not be walking through the door.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:28 PM 03-11-2022
Playing second banana to Chubb in Cleveland has made him less of a menace that people remember.

Watch some Browns games. He's a pretty good RB, but he's not the 2017-18 version that people think he still is.
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:33 AM 03-12-2022
10x > than anything KC has rolled out since he was kicked to the curb.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:26 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’m all for bringing Hunt back if that’s what the Chiefs want to do but the nostalgia around here is hilarious. He didn’t do half the things people “remember “.
I mean he led the NFL in rushing his rookie year and was absolutely dominating his second year before his suspension, so not really sure what you’re talking about.

He was absolutely outstanding in his time here in every single way. He produced some of the most memorable highlights of any RB in the league. Nobody is imagining anything. He was absolutely terrific.
[Reply]
TEX 07:27 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I mean he led the NFL in rushing his rookie year and was absolutely dominating his second year before his suspension, so not really sure what you’re talking about.

He was absolutely outstanding in his time here in every single way. He produced some of the most memorable highlights of any RB in the league. Nobody is imagining anything. He was absolutely terrific.
I'm with ya 100%, but I think he's talking about his ability to take it to the house on any given play via a long run in the same manner JC could.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:42 AM 03-12-2022
So it seems we're all on the same page.

Welcome back, Kareem. That's how this works, right? :-)
How many posts we need?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:43 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'm with ya 100%, but I think he's talking about his ability to take it to the house on any given play via a long run in the same manner JC could.
Exactly, he was going to move the chains but he was not going to break of 20+ TDs all the time.

He also would always initiate bruising contact against the defenders instead of trying to avoid contact.

That leads to injuries and shortened effectiveness and careers.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:44 AM 03-12-2022
Well maybe not take it all the way like JC did, but he certainly broke enough chunk yardage runs to keep defenses honest. Those type of runs aren't as fun as what JC did, but still completely change the approach the defense has to take when game planning for us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:50 AM 03-12-2022

You should probably read my second post where I explained it in detail. 👍
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:51 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Exactly, he was going to move the chains but he was not going to break of 20+ TDs all the time.

He also would always initiate bruising contact against the defenders instead of trying to avoid contact.

That leads to injuries and shortened effectiveness and careers.
Exactly. Thanks guys.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:54 AM 03-12-2022
Y'all need to let the past go.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 84
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Up