ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 72
« First < 20606667686970 7172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt signs with the Chiefs [2024 edition]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 05:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t care what his YPC is. He’s highly effective when he has the ball and has been extremely dependable.
Yep. Even if the play blows up and he's hit 3 yards behind the LOS he still makes it back to the LOS.

I think he has maybe, and I'm pretty sure I'm not kidding, THREE plays for negative yards, and he tripped or slipped on all 3? This is from bad memory though.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 05:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t care what his YPC is. He’s highly effective when he has the ball and has been extremely dependable.
Very low standards. Don't get me wrong, I like Hunt and how he always falls forward for an extra yard when it's blocked up. And he hasn't coughed it up like our scrub UDFA FB-RB did (again, low bar).

But we'd benefit massively from a RB capable of getting 10, 15, 20 yards when the play is excellently blocked and Hunt is only getting 7 or 8 on those plays.
[Reply]
notorious 06:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Can't wait to get Pacheco back, so that Hunt can do all the short yardage stuff and Pacheco gets everything else. Hunt is perfect at getting the 3rd and 1 and goal line stuff, but he's had 2.8, 3.5, and 3.8 ypc the last 3 games. Take out his first game and he's at 3.4 ypc and that's not good enough when we're running it 20+ times a game. He and Pacheco will be the perfect 1-2 punch. So excited for it.
Yet it has been good enough. The last 3 games we have on cruise control because of his running.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:17 AM Today
Hunt is slowing down, guys.

They need to rotate Crocky J back in some. Hunt's yards per carry and his broken tackles have declined each week.

I'm not hating on him -- he's doing exactly what we need him to do, and he's doing it well. But he was on the couch, this is not what he was built to do.
[Reply]
fadeaway 06:17 AM Today
YPC feels irrelevant for Hunt. If his average is 3 yards, thats perfect, in 4 downs he gets you a first and in 3rd and short or goal line, he gets you over the line.

I say YPC feels irrelevant because it seems as though he always gets between 2 & 6 yards. Theres no 8 yard, -2 yards, 5 yards, 15 yards, - 1, -1, 0. He is consistent reliable and you know exactly what you are going to get.

Plus his body must be pretty bashed up towards the end of games, hes a RB2 playing as a RB1 and getting used a lot. He is going to be perfect when Pacheco comes back. Pacheco for the explosiveness, Hunt for the reliable yards when Pacheco needs a breather, Perine for 3rd downs
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 06:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

They need to rotate Crocky J back in some. Hunt's yards per carry and his broken tackles have declined each week.

I'm not hating on him -- he's doing exactly what we need him to do, and he's doing it well. But he was on the couch, this is not what he was built to do.
What he said.

Dude was having a hard time getting up after some runs
[Reply]
emaw1979 07:33 AM Today

I think part of it is slowing down, but I don't think he's in good playing shape. As you said, he was on the couch. This is his accelerated playing shape. If he can avoid injury, I think he'll be better in a few weeks. I do think the Chiefs should split the carries more to give him a break.
[Reply]
notorious 07:40 AM Today
He has 90 touches in 4 games.

74 in 3.

That's one hell of a load.
[Reply]
TEX 08:14 AM Today

That's because of the load he's carrying. It's nowhere near the same offense that it was when he was here the first time. KC needs to rotate their RB's more. Where the fuck is CEH? He might not be able to do much, but he sure could take some of the hits away from Hunt. If we could legitimately rotate Hunt, KC would get more out of him with less carries. I don't really know if the Chiefs have him in their long-term plans, b/c it looks like they're trying to use him up.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
He has 90 touches in 4 games.

74 in 3.

That's one hell of a load.
We only need him to carry that load until Pachecco comes back, he came off the couch so he should be capable of a full seasons worth of touches in a shorter period of time.

I’m guessing we keep giving him the rock, dumping to Perine, and punching with Steele until Pachecco comes back then when we’ve gotta full stable he splits time with Pachecco.

Pachecco
Hunt
Perine
Steele

^Solid backfield
[Reply]
Bwana 08:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's because of the load he's carrying. It's nowhere near the same offense that it was when he was here the first time. KC needs to rotate their RB's more. Where the **** is CEH? He might not be able to do much, but he sure could take some of the hits away from Hunt. If we could legitimately rotate Hunt, KC would get more out of him with less carries. I don't really know if the Chiefs have him in their long-term plans, b/c it looks like they're trying to use him up.

Good question on CEH. They do need to figure something out to lighten the load for Hunt, or he is going to be toast. Sooner rather than later would be best. Right now, he's getting the Larry Johnson treatment.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:44 AM Today
Perine has 11 attempts and a 3.5 YPC. He needs to start taking handoffs more.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:59 AM Today
They need to give him a break. Several times yesterday he looked exhausted.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:02 AM Today
They expect Pacheco back so they are riding Hunt because they trust him to not fumble the ball.

They also treat Perine like they either don't think he should have a lot of touches either or that he isn't a good runner, not sure which.
[Reply]
TEX 09:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
We only need him to carry that load until Pachecco comes back, he came off the couch so he should be capable of a full seasons worth of touches in a shorter period of time.

I’m guessing we keep giving him the rock, dumping to Perine, and punching with Steele until Pachecco comes back then when we’ve gotta full stable he splits time with Pachecco.

Pachecco
Hunt
Perine
Steele

^Solid backfield
There are no guarantees that Pop will be effective when he comes back. The guy needed screws in his leg.

They need to figure something out before then.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 72
« First < 20606667686970 7172 >
Up