ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 72
« First < 20606667686970 7172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
New World Order 11:16 PM 02-21-2024
Trade Mcduffie for Kaiir Elam
[Reply]
Strongside 11:33 PM 02-21-2024
The first three pages of this thread are hilarious. This place is littered with well-intentioned idiots.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:54 AM 02-22-2024
Every time the Chiefs have a great player there are people like "Hey lets trade him." I don't get it?
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:30 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Every time the Chiefs have a great player there are people like "Hey lets trade him." I don't get it?
Analysts are trying to hype up the big market teams to draw clicks by setting up hypothetical trades where those teams swipe the best players off the smaller market teams. In the same vein as picking the Cowboys and LA teams to win the SB every single year. They're baiting clicks. Same as it ever was.

As for fans, they're just stupid in general. Fans would destroy a team in 3 seconds if they were allowed to make decisions. It's human nature.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 10:44 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Also to add to this just a bit…have any of you ever seen any QB jam people better than Sneed did this year? I can’t recall anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closest I've seen was James Hasty, but Sneed turns and runs better if the WR gets off the line.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:51 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Yeah, I'm going to start hitting people on the nose with a rolled up newspaper if they keep doing it. And if I can find an actual printed newspaper.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The best one has largely been lost to history. He fucking stole Garret Wilson's lunch money and then didn't send his mom flowers when he was done with her.

Almost set up a pick for Edwards when he completely wiped Wilson out of the play (who Edwards was doubling and freed him up to play robber).

I'll try to find it tomorrow. It was spectacular.
Here go:

loved this play from the jets game. edwards is there to double wilson but sneed wipes him out and it almost leads to a pick pic.twitter.com/wecqHM5Rcf

— shaytron (@shaytron) October 11, 2023

Look at the top of the screen.

I mean this is assault, brotha...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:58 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Closest I've seen was James Hasty, but Sneed turns and runs better if the WR gets off the line.
Both Sneed and McDuffie are or will be better than any CB we have ever had.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Both Sneed and McDuffie are or will be better than any CB we have ever had.
I mean, Emmitt Thomas is in the HoF - you sure you wanna ride that train?

Albert Lewis was criminally underrated in his own right. I'm not sure he's a HoFer, but he's close. If I were to try to find a Sneed comp from Chiefs corners, Lewis would be the guy.

And I'll ride or die with Dale Carter man. Probably die - the guy was a loose cannon. But that guy was as dynamic as any CB I've seen this side of Deion Sanders. His off-field shit and inconsistency (largely due to risk-taking) kept him from being recognized for how truly amazing he was at his peak, but Carter from 1994 to 1997 (and specifically in 1995 and 1996) was absolutely a HoF caliber player.

I think McDuffie can get up there with Thomas and Lewis - possibly even exceed one or both of them. And I think Sneed can get up to/past Carter but won't have the duration to get to Thomas or Lewis.

I think it's fair to say that we may have 2 of the top 5 CBs in Chiefs history on this squad (and in McDuffie, perhaps someday our best ever) but that book's yet to be written. And I don't think there's a chance that Sneed surpasses what Thomas or Lewis did.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:04 AM 02-22-2024
Here go:

Look at the top of the screen.

I mean this is assault, brotha...
How do I not remember that? He looked like we moved Trey Smith to CB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
How do I not remember that? He looked like we moved Trey Smith to CB.
That's why I wanted to go find the video. Like I said - it won't stand out in anyone's memory, but holy shit did he obliterate Wilson.

It's not as fun as watching him put Hill into the dirt in a playoff game at Arrowhead, but I think it was even more dominant. He just rode the dude down to the LOS until he finally just kinda gave up.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:13 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I assume that this talk of trading McDuffie is nothing but a thought exercise, right? Because there's no way we're trading McDuffie.

Another thing to consider is that having two great cornerbacks is about eight times better than having one great cornerback. A quarterback can avoid one great cornerback, but he's got to throw against two of them.
If we were trading McDuffie I'd be asking for a King's Ransom and more. He's far too valuable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:23 AM 02-22-2024
I mean, Emmitt Thomas is in the HoF - you sure you wanna ride that train?

Albert Lewis was criminally underrated in his own right. I'm not sure he's a HoFer, but he's close. If I were to try to find a Sneed comp from Chiefs corners, Lewis would be the guy.

And I'll ride or die with Dale Carter man. Probably die - the guy was a loose cannon. But that guy was as dynamic as any CB I've seen this side of Deion Sanders. His off-field shit and inconsistency (largely due to risk-taking) kept him from being recognized for how truly amazing he was at his peak, but Carter from 1994 to 1997 (and specifically in 1995 and 1996) was absolutely a HoF caliber player.

I think McDuffie can get up there with Thomas and Lewis - possibly even exceed one or both of them. And I think Sneed can get up to/past Carter but won't have the duration to get to Thomas or Lewis.

I think it's fair to say that we may have 2 of the top 5 CBs in Chiefs history on this squad (and in McDuffie, perhaps someday our best ever) but that book's yet to be written. And I don't think there's a chance that Sneed surpasses what Thomas or Lewis did.
Forgot about Emmitt Thomas he was fantastic. :-)

He's in the HOF but that was being measured as the talent level at the time. The CB's in this era are sooo much better than back then, just like it is at all positions.

Carter could have been the guy and was at times but was erratic his whole career.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:35 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Also to add to this just a bit…have any of you ever seen any QB jam people better than Sneed did this year? I can’t recall anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I've been saying that for a while now. He erases people from the offensive gameplan. Watch the Dolphins playoff game and try to figure out why their receivers aren't going anywhere. He's elite elite.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:48 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Forgot about Emmitt Thomas he was fantastic. :-)

He's in the HOF but that was being measured as the talent level at the time. The CB's in this era are sooo much better than back then, just like it is at all positions.

Carter could have been the guy and was at times but was erratic his whole career.
If you give Emmitt the training, nutrition, supplements, medical care and money that these guys make today he's as good or better than any of them. It's not a talent gap as much as it is the resources these guys today have far outweigh anything they had back then. Most of those guys had to have offseason jobs to make ends meet. All these guys have is football and training for football.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 72
« First < 20606667686970 7172 >
Up