ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Kansas City International Airport Ranks #3 Large Airport In Annual J.D. Power Airport
|Zach| 07:26 AM Yesterday
https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...sfaction-study

Airport Ranks #3 Large Airport In Annual J.D. Power Airport Customer Satisfaction Study

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) ranked number three in the Large Airport category in overall customer satisfaction among North American airports in the 2024 J.D. Power North America Airport Satisfaction Study

This achievement comes months after the first birthday of the $1.5 billion 40-gate terminal, which opened on February 28, 2023. The 2024 study period evaluated a full year of operations in the new terminal. The 2023 study period overlapped both the old terminals’ and new terminal’s operations.

“The Kansas City International Airport is not just the front door to our community—it’s also now officially one of our nation’s finest airports. I am proud the new terminal is now recognized nationally as one of the best for our innovation, wide variety of amenities, and positive flyer experience. We built the new terminal with intentionality and all travelers in mind, whether you’re traveling with family, for business, solo, or anywhere in between,” said Mayor Lucas. “I applaud our Director of Aviation Melissa Cooper and the rest of our staff working to ensure KCI is the most efficient and comfortable place to travel in and out of. As we continue to grow and improve, KCI will remain an exciting gateway for opportunity and a symbol of Kansas City’s bright future.”

“Kansas City continues to reach new highs, and it is fantastic for the airport to receive a high customer service ranking from customers outside the KC area,” said City Manager Brian Platt. “I am proud of our airport, proud of the Aviation Department team and proud of Kansas City!”

“Since opening, the terminal has welcomed record numbers of passengers, received new or expanded air service and received dozens of awards and accolades,” said Aviation Director Melissa Cooper. “Our team designed and built the terminal with the customer in mind, and this direct customer input validates that effort. We are not resting on our laurels. We continue to adjust and improve facilities and services. That will not stop.”

The J.D. Power North America Airport Satisfaction Study measures overall traveler satisfaction with mega, large and medium North American airports by examining six factors (in order of importance): terminal facilities; airport arrival/departure; baggage claim; security check; check-in/baggage check; and food, beverage and retail. Mega airports are defined as those with 33 million or more passengers per year; large airports with 10 to 32.9 million passengers per year; and medium airports with 4.5 to 9.9 million passengers per year. MCI welcomed 11.5 million passengers in 2023.

The study is based on more than 20,000 completed surveys from U.S. or Canadian residents who traveled through at least one U.S. or Canadian airport and covers both departure and arrival experiences (including connecting airports) during the past 30 days. Travelers evaluated either a departing or arriving airport from their round-trip experience.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I guess JD Powers didn't fly in around 9pm and see just how bad the backup is for arrivals... Just wait until we're the hub they claimed we might be because of the shitty art and new terminal smell (but won't), it'll be all the more funny.
If KC became a big hub, doubtful but let's say it did. It wouldn't really effect arrivals that much, right? Most of the hub traffic never leaves the airport. I guess a few extra travelers would find KC a better destination.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
KC isn’t big enough to be a hub (metro wise). It’s not even a domicile for airlines.

KC airport is like all the other Midwest cities. It’s a spoke on the hub.

Dallas Denver and Chicago are Hubs. KC like OKC and others isn nothing more than a spoke. I’m not even sure MCI has direct international flights?
Well that and being surrounded by the existing hubs of Denver, Dallas, and Chicago.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by kstater:
I'm not gonna lie, I get a kick out of the idiots trying to figure out how to use them.
The only idiots are the people who approved them in the first place.
[Reply]
-King- 09:12 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
JD Powers sells rankings so dont put much stock in this BS. Its a nice airport but far from world class and with no hub its just a place to park and fly somewhere else and start over. Better than Omaha and Fargo but not in league with real large airports
Every single car that has ever been made has won a JD Powers award. So yeah I don't put much stock in their rankings either.

But with that said, the airport is so much better than it used to be and it's not even close. Security lines aren't even that bad even without the individual lines at the gates. And basically a non issue with pre check.

I liked the old terminal because you could just show up and be on the plane in a few minutes but that became the strategy because of how little there was to do, or eat there. With this one, at least if you get there early you won't be bored out of your fucking mind being stuck in the boarding area with nothing to eat and 10 people sitting on the floor taking turns charging their phones on one of the few outlets they have.
[Reply]
-King- 09:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The only idiots are the people who approved them in the first place.
Why does it matter? There's still separate women/men's bathrooms. Hell I think they have bathrooms for service pets now too if you're feeling frisky.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why does it matter? There's still separate women/men's bathrooms. Hell I think they have bathrooms for service pets now too if you're feeling frisky.
Just wait until he figures out the bathroom on the airplane is gender neutral.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
KC isn’t big enough to be a hub (metro wise). It’s not even a domicile for airlines.

KC airport is like all the other Midwest cities. It’s a spoke on the hub.

Dallas Denver and Chicago are Hubs. KC like OKC and others isn nothing more than a spoke. I’m not even sure MCI has direct international flights?
Well it is an international airport, do there's that, but it's a bit more like a participation award than a legit honor. The funny thing was the sell on this new facility was it was going to be the impetus behind great things for KC. :-)

Well, at least we got gay-ready shitters to laugh about...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If KC became a big hub, doubtful but let's say it did. It wouldn't really effect arrivals that much, right? Most of the hub traffic never leaves the airport. I guess a few extra travelers would find KC a better destination.
Hubs usually become host cities for meetings, but you're right, us becoming some decent level of a hub was a lie that people fell for.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shh Zach has his identity tied to this shitty place
Being too scared to leave your own home leaves you lots of time to follow me from thread to thread. :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up