Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>7/26/24 Daily Training Camp Thread
Buehler445 06:57 AM 07-26-2024
Back to work today.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:10 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Every highlight video I have seen from camp is basically Mahomes rolling out to his left. Haven't really watched closely but hopefully it isn't because our left side of the line sucks.

Nothing wrong with signing Smith as an insurance policy. We have too much talent and destiny riding on this season to go in with questions on our entire left side of the o line.
One of the Mahomes rolling out to his left plays was the result of the right side of the line. It was from a day or two ago when they were in shells. Karlaftis went inside of Taylor, and Taylor barely got a hand on Karlaftis on the play. It was discussed multiple times in that daily training camp thread.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:11 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Kingsley looks like he's got heavy feet.

He's supposed to be nimble for his size though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:11 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC he's a rookie in his first padded practice. Not to mention, does nobody remember Mitchell Schwartz explaining that guys are working on particular things in these 1 on 1s and you can't necessarily take anything from them?
Why are you acting like I've written him off already? To me, he just looks like he may need more development time than what's available before the start of the season. That's always been the most realistic development curve with him. And maybe it is just a rough first day of practice and he's still getting settled in, but he's had some very rough reps today in both 1 on 1s and scrimmage
[Reply]
staylor26 01:44 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Why are you acting like I've written him off already? To me, he just looks like he may need more development time than what's available before the start of the season. That's always been the most realistic development curve with him. And maybe it is just a rough first day of practice and he's still getting settled in, but he's had some very rough reps today in both 1 on 1s and scrimmage
I'm not acting like you wrote him off.

You are however 100% overreacting to a rookies first practice in pads. There's absolutely no reason to panic and call Smith after one fucking practice. Relax.
[Reply]
penchief 01:50 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
After all the shitty linebackers we've had it's so nice to have someone that just never misses a tackle. Dude is a machine.
He is elite when it comes to smarts, instincts, and having a nose for the ball.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:51 PM 07-26-2024
Am I the only guy who remembers how bad Donovan Smith looked in the Super Bowl?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:53 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Kingsley looks like he's got heavy feet.
Hard to be much worse than Morris. Still don't think he will be
[Reply]
BWillie 01:56 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm not acting like you wrote him off.

You are however 100% overreacting to a rookies first practice in pads. There's absolutely no reason to panic and call Smith after one fucking practice. Relax.
That is what training camp is all about as a fan. Heavily overreacting to the good and the bad where most is meaningless
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:59 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Welp. Donovan Smith may be getting a call pretty soon
I know your getting dog piled for this. But...uhhh...I thought....the same thing
[Reply]
TEX 02:03 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
I know your getting dog piled for this. But...uhhh...I thought....the same thing
Yep. I said as much also. I've been saying it since before training camp. But this is what TC is for and the Chiefs have good coaches to get it worked out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:04 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That is what training camp is all about as a fan. Heavily overreacting to the good and the bad where most is meaningless
Have you ever tried ignoring something you claim to not give a shit about?

Give it a try. It's pretty neat.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
I know Bahktiati is probably donzo but he will be available for insurance at cheap
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Have you ever tried ignoring something you claim to not give a shit about?

Give it a try. It's pretty neat.
I love the kansas city chief
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:25 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Am I the only guy who remembers how bad Donovan Smith looked in the Super Bowl?
Not at all. Thought he looked pretty bad even before he missed games. But the key is he ultimately wasn't bad enough to cost us the game.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:25 PM 07-26-2024

[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up