ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Romeo Crennel As Defensive Coordinator - SP Fired Spagnuolo
houstonwhodat 08:09 PM 01-24-2013
Sean Payton ain't playing around.

He just got reinstated this week and today he fired DC Steve Spagnuolo and said they are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of Saints fans think they should hire Romeo.

What's your honest opinion of that?

Seemed like Romeo was lost as a HC but don't really know his history as a DC.

Please elaborate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 01-25-2013
For you locals, how does Ralph and Kacoo's in the French Quarter rate?

It's the only place in New Orlean's that I can actually remember the meal...
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 12:49 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For you locals, how does Ralph and Kacoo's in the French Quarter rate?

It's the only place in New Orlean's that I can actually remember the meal...

It's good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by houstonwhodat:
It's good.
I certainly thought it was.

Crawfish po boy was pretty good.
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 12:57 PM 01-25-2013
I certainly thought it was.

Crawfish po boy was pretty good.

There's so many to choose from.

There's a reason that the NFL has held so many Super Bowls in NOLA. (10 I think)

I get my po-boys from a little shop in Metairie called World Deli on Clearview.

Roast Beef po-boy with extra gravy is amazing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 01-25-2013
There's so many to choose from.

There's a reason that the NFL has held so many Super Bowls in NOLA. (10 I think)

I get my po-boys from a little shop in Metairie called World Deli on Clearview.

Roast Beef po-boy with extra gravy is amazing.
I also vaguely remember getting crab-stuffed softshell crabs at Landry's (I think that's what it was called).
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 01:02 PM 01-25-2013
I also vaguely remember getting crab-stuffed softshell crabs at Landry's (I think that's what it was called).
That doesn't make any sense?

Soft shell crabs are battered and fried and eaten whole. yum.

Now I have to get one.

I'm going to NOLA this weekend.
[Reply]
Xanathol 01:24 PM 01-25-2013
Romeo is a good coach but this is a bad move for the Saints - not because Spags is any good, but arbitrarily moving to a 3-4 is a bad coaching decision by SP.

The Saints finally almost have the front 7 personnel they need for a 4-3, minus a DE & DT, and they are in range of getting a premier DE in the draft. DT isn't as bad as it has been and there are players coming up in free agency.

No matter what front the Saints run, they need 1, if not 2, safeties and unless Patrick Robinson makes huge strides, a starting corner ( even if he does, still need a nickle as JP hasn't done well ).

For a 3-4, Vilma and Loston just don't fit - they are sideline to sideline runners and not good at taking on blockers, so you need two new ILBers. Tez could play LOLB, but the fans that think Junior is any good simply don't know football; they guy just rushes up the field... over & over & over & over... easily flushed out of the play every time. In other words, he's a liability, despite what the dumbest fan base in the NFL think of him, so you need a ROLB, which luckily, you can get in this draft. Ellis or Bunkley could probably play RDE, but you may need a new guy there as well.

So to take a tally, you need 1+ safety, 1+ CB and either 2 DL or 3 LBers & maybe a DL. So 4 players in your 4-3 or 5-6 in a 3-4... not a hard choice. My guessis SP is over-reacting to failures to get a DT in free agency ( ie. it looks like they use PFF to sign people, bc they took Rodgers, Franklin, and Bunkley, and each one sucked - should teach them ), topped off with the failure that is Spags, plus envy in seeing other teams succeed, all adding up to a stupid, knee-jerk reaction.
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 01:27 PM 01-25-2013
Seems like the general consensus on the various Saints' boards is that Romeo is the guy.

SP has said that they are in no hurry to find a DC but that could be just gibber jabberish.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:30 PM 01-25-2013
People would want Romeo over Keith Butler?

JFC.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:33 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by Xanathol:
Romeo is a good coach but this is a bad move for the Saints - not because Spags is any good, but arbitrarily moving to a 3-4 is a bad coaching decision by SP.

The Saints finally almost have the front 7 personnel they need for a 4-3, minus a DE & DT, and they are in range of getting a premier DE in the draft. DT isn't as bad as it has been and there are players coming up in free agency.

No matter what front the Saints run, they need 1, if not 2, safeties and unless Patrick Robinson makes huge strides, a starting corner ( even if he does, still need a nickle as JP hasn't done well ).

For a 3-4, Vilma and Loston just don't fit - they are sideline to sideline runners and not good at taking on blockers, so you need two new ILBers. Tez could play LOLB, but the fans that think Junior is any good simply don't know football; they guy just rushes up the field... over & over & over & over... easily flushed out of the play every time. In other words, he's a liability, despite what the dumbest fan base in the NFL think of him, so you need a ROLB, which luckily, you can get in this draft. Ellis or Bunkley could probably play RDE, but you may need a new guy there as well.

So to take a tally, you need 1+ safety, 1+ CB and either 2 DL or 3 LBers & maybe a DL. So 4 players in your 4-3 or 5-6 in a 3-4... not a hard choice. My guessis SP is over-reacting to failures to get a DT in free agency ( ie. it looks like they use PFF to sign people, bc they took Rodgers, Franklin, and Bunkley, and each one sucked - should teach them ), topped off with the failure that is Spags, plus envy in seeing other teams succeed, all adding up to a stupid, knee-jerk reaction.
They should sign Glenn Dorsey when the Chiefs let him walk.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 01:33 PM 01-25-2013
That's exactly what I was thinking, kinda like the year Cassel had with the Patriots.

Hey, maybe Romeo Crennel is the Matt Cassel of DC's?
I wasn't talking about Romeo here. I was talking about Spags.
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 01:34 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I wasn't talking about Romeo here. I was talking about Spags.
You're right my mistake.

I meant to put Spags on there not Romeo.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:37 PM 01-25-2013
Personally, Romeo's year as HC here soured me so much that I wouldn't hire him in any coaching capacity. None of his Chiefs defenses were particularly good either, IMO.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:53 PM 01-25-2013
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per… http://say.ly/sKG52jD
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 01:54 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per… http://say.ly/sKG52jD

Mangini???????????????????
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up