Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>KC Bbq Tour
Boise_Chief 11:03 AM 12-05-2023
It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:12 AM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
How do you know you're getting decent bbq when you limit like that. I know you are happy with what you are eating and makes you happy but are you never curious if you are missing something?

I live in the Northland but as a in town land surveyor whose office was in midtown and worked all over greater KC and out of so-called towns all over Missouri and Kansas. Well I will just say I discovered things. When we branched out and I joined the pipeline circuit I discovered places all over the country. I love a lot of types of food but realize we are pretty lucky in Missouri and Kansas with the variety.
I mean, I grew up in Platte City. Hell, I knew Scott’s wife and her family and knew 2 of the dudes he started his first BBQ team with. I’ve definitely been there and I will again next time I fly out in the morning/afternoon on a weekday. I’m just not prioritizing it. Normally if I’m in the northland it’s a weekend and I’m getting either In-a-Tub or LC’s Hamburgers. I’ve been known to stop in at Hayes as well.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:00 AM 12-07-2023
I work at 7th and Minnesota in KCK and we bring in Slap's often. It's very good. Pricey, but good. You can rag on Gates, but they still make some of the best sauce in the world. Joe's KC's ribs are about as good as you can do. A couple sleepers here are Rosedale BBQ -great value- and LC's BBQ LC's is a true authentic BBQ joint pit. Inside is greasy; help is surely, brisket is a bit fatty, but it's the real deal. Another one not mentioned is Danny Edwards's BBQ on Southwest Blvd. It's not open for dinner. The original was located downtown where the Sprint Center is now. The famous "eat it and beat it" BBQ shack. Everything they make is top notch. Tourists like Q39 and Jack Stack because the presentation is much nicer. Food is good at both, but is overpriced. You really can't go wrong wherever you go in KC. It's all better than most anywhere else in the USA
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:17 AM 12-07-2023
I'd also like to mention Brobecks at 107th and Roe.

They of course have all the traditional BBQ meats, but they also have a smoked ham salad that is aces. Going to a BBQ place for a ham salad sandwich is strange, but if you like ham salad, this is the place.
[Reply]
stanleychief 11:00 AM 12-07-2023
I'm going to give a shout out to F325 next to Chicken n' Pickle in North KC. They've got some damn good BBQ. If you go, try the Whiskey Sweet Potato Casserole as a side. You'll thank me later!

There's also HawgJaw BBQ at the far south end of Swift. They are good, but the meat always seems really salty. Not bad if you've been drinking beforehand.

Smokin' Guns used to be in the area but closed. As someone else mentioned, they were pretty inconsistent and deserved their fate at the end.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 11:13 AM 12-07-2023
Used to love Slaps. However, the last few times I went, it was lacking. The meat didn’t have that usual char and smokiness. Also, their beans are overly sweet. That’s coming from someone who likes sweeter beans.

Joe’s for ribs, sandwiches, and fries.

Right now, it’s Wolfpack for me. It’s been top notch every time.
[Reply]
cookster50 12:11 PM 12-07-2023
Reporting live from brobecks, first time here, burnt ends are pretty tasty!
[Reply]
TecCrash 12:37 PM 12-07-2023
I'm coming for the game as well, any chance at all to be able to grab some bbq after I land? I get in at 8:30 on Friday, and have to grab luggage and a car. Pretty late I know but thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Chris
[Reply]
Pablo 12:40 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by TecCrash:
I'm coming for the game as well, any chance at all to be able to grab some bbq after I land? I get in at 8:30 on Friday, and have to grab luggage and a car. Pretty late I know but thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Chris
Smokehouse at Zona Rosa is your closest option that’s open until 10. It’s a real deal restaurant and it’s not my personal favorite but it will satisfy your urge and realistically be your only option with that timeline.
[Reply]
TecCrash 04:07 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Smokehouse at Zona Rosa is your closest option that’s open until 10. It’s a real deal restaurant and it’s not my personal favorite but it will satisfy your urge and realistically be your only option with that timeline.
Thanks that might work, it's on the way to Airbnb, now if there is a liquor store next door we would have it made!

Thanks!

Chris
[Reply]
Delano 06:37 PM 12-07-2023
Thanks that might work, it's on the way to Airbnb, now if there is a liquor store next door we would have it made!

Thanks!

Chris
20 year member. Three total posts. Two posts in this thread.

Wild!

Delano
[Reply]
stanleychief 09:02 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Right now, it’s Wolfpack for me. It’s been top notch every time.
Oh yeah, forgot about those guys! I ate there quite a bit when they were inside of Callsign. They made their own pickles that were out of this world. I heard they moved, but never followed up. I see they are in the old spot where The North End used to be in Columbus Park. I'll have to go visit them soon.
[Reply]
TecCrash 09:29 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by Delano:
20 year member. Three total posts. Two posts in this thread.

Wild!

Delano
Call me the ultimate lurker ... Headed for Arrowhead in the morning getting the groove goin ...

Thanks!

Chris
[Reply]
neech 10:56 PM 12-07-2023

Thanks!

Chris
Yeah Smokehouse at Zona Rosa is where you want to go its real good.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:00 PM 12-07-2023
Are most of the downtown joints going to be open after 6 pm on sat the 23 or on x mas eve ? Also is the power and light district something to go check out?
[Reply]
srvy 01:33 AM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I'm going to give a shout out to F325 next to Chicken n' Pickle in North KC. They've got some damn good BBQ. If you go, try the Whiskey Sweet Potato Casserole as a side. You'll thank me later!

There's also HawgJaw BBQ at the far south end of Swift. They are good, but the meat always seems really salty. Not bad if you've been drinking beforehand.

Smokin' Guns used to be in the area but closed. As someone else mentioned, they were pretty inconsistent and deserved their fate at the end.
I have got to give it a try it is a 5 to 10-minute drive for me. HawgJaw is ok but his rubs are very salty but it pretty good BBQ.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up