ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anthony Richardson is going to be a problem before long.
Direckshun 09:38 AM 10-04-2023
Look at his game, here. Shane Steichen may have done it again. First he turned Jalen Hurts into what looks like a Top 5 QB, and Richardson... my god.

Just, look at this tape. Richardson may end up being better.

[Reply]
Direckshun 08:50 AM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It sounds like he's disparaging athlete QBs who can't read the whole field well and/or pass from the pocket in a pro style offense.
It sounds like he didn't spend a single minute watching the video in the OP.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:21 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It sounds like he's disparaging athlete QBs who can't read the whole field well and/or pass from the pocket in a pro style offense.
I must admit I've been shocked that Lamar has lasted as long as he has.

He's had some knee problems, but he is both a really elusive RB and his passing has improved. He doesn't take many hits when he takes off running.

If I was a Raven fan, I would still be worried about Lamar's longevity. It's not like the issue goes away as he gets older.

And Lamar doesn't have the best record of carrying his team in the playoffs.

But his accomplishments deserve at least some recognition.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:23 PM 10-16-2023
OP actually meant Richardson’s AC joint was going to be a problem for a long time.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:25 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I must admit I've been shocked that Lamar has lasted as long as he has.

He's had some knee problems, but he is both a really elusive RB and his passing has improved. He doesn't take many hits when he takes off running.

If I was a Raven fan, I would still be worried about Lamar's longevity. It's not like the issue goes away as he gets older.

And Lamar doesn't have the best record of carrying his team in the playoffs.

But his accomplishments deserve at least some recognition.
I actually think the Ravens would be a sneaky-problematic team for the Chiefs to beat in the playoffs.

I'd still take the Chiefs, but the Ravens present some tough matchup issues. I'd take the Chiefs 60/40, as opposed to much of this board that might take them 80/20.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:26 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Richardson hasn't played long enough to show he is a "student of the game". Until then he only relies on his athleticism. What you don't know if he is learning to be a student. Remember when Mike Vick, Vince Young, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson,...... were all considered the 2nd coming? For a short bit it looked like they could be but only to the novice eye.

Because they were not students of the game, DCs around the league caught up to their athleticism because their lack of "knowing the game". Kyler Murray, Jordan Love, Justin Fields, Zack Wilson, etc..... are well on their way to the "athletic back up heap".

Vick was probably the most athletically talented with Jackson close behind and Newton closing out with their athleticism extending their careers but DCs eventually caught up to them. Vick said, when he went to Philly he finally became a real QB working with Reid. :-)

Young talented rookie pitchers come in as "throwers" in the big leagues and have immediate success 'because' hitters have not seen them. But over time IF the talented throwers do not learn how to 'pitch' the hitters will eventually catch up to them.
Reports out of Indy as far as Richardson's work ethic and desire to learn were great. He's always at the facility.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:27 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I actually think the Ravens would be a sneaky-problematic team for the Chiefs to beat in the playoffs.

I'd still take the Chiefs, but the Ravens present some tough matchup issues. I'd take the Chiefs 60/40, as opposed to much of this board that might take them 80/20.
Lamar has had playoff games where his throwing mechanics get off and he misses a lot of throws.

But when that doesn't happen he's a top ten QB ability wise.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:30 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Lamar has had playoff games where his throwing mechanics get off and he misses a lot of throws.

But when that doesn't happen he's a top ten QB ability wise.
I agree that Lamar is problematic if you're looking to win playoff games.

I just like their defense/run game combo. I think it has enough juice to really test KC, and then Lamar can hit you with counterpunches.

I would still bet on the Chiefs, I just have a lot of respect for Harbaugh and some of the talent on that team.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:33 PM 10-16-2023
I agree that Lamar is problematic if you're looking to win playoff games.

I just like their defense/run game combo. I think it has enough juice to really test KC, and then Lamar can hit you with counterpunches.

I would still bet on the Chiefs, I just have a lot of respect for Harbaugh and some of the talent on that team.
I do too. Would always expect to win but let's say we draw Ravens first in playoffs.

They are one of the few teams than can take away Kelce and then Rice has to beat his guy repeatedly or we go home.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:38 PM 10-16-2023
Lamar has ended the last two seasons injured and not playing.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:07 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Lamar has ended the last two seasons injured and not playing.
Hey, I'm impressed he's still starting each season...

And one of those injured seasons was maybe a contract dispute?

But yeah, still a huge injury risk.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:15 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I do too. Would always expect to win but let's say we draw Ravens first in playoffs.

They are one of the few teams than can take away Kelce and then Rice has to beat his guy repeatedly or we go home.
Love Smith and Queen.

But how many times have the Chiefs faced teams who seem well-equipped to “take away Kelce” who have failed miserably?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:19 PM 10-16-2023
Direckshun's dumb assery strikes once again

Breaking: Colts QB Anthony Richardson is "probably" going to miss the rest of the regular season, team owner Jim Irsay told @HolderStephen.

Richardson could undergo shoulder surgery in the next week or so.

More: https://t.co/eDp0LYO76x pic.twitter.com/NOHetFihxy

— ESPN (@espn) October 17, 2023

[Reply]
Direckshun 09:54 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Direckshun's dumb assery strikes once again
:-)

You guys even shit on a premier football channel like QB School. Easily among the best channels on football.

It’s a great channel. He does excellent work. And in the OP, he makes a compelling case for the incredible promise we all saw in Richardson but immediately elected to hate the second he went to an AFC rival.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:43 PM 10-16-2023
:-)

You guys even shit on a premier football channel like QB School. Easily among the best channels on football.

It’s a great channel. He does excellent work. And in the OP, he makes a compelling case for the incredible promise we all saw in Richardson but immediately elected to hate the second he went to an AFC rival.
Best ability is availability, something Richardson hasn't shown a lot of so far.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:18 AM 10-17-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Best ability is availability, something Richardson hasn't shown a lot of so far.
Very true.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up