ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>If I were Tua...
Nickhead 01:42 AM 09-13-2024
I would just disappear...

take my guaranteed money and wander aimlessly into a nice remote island.

:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:07 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Fishels:
He could get a job on the sidelines or a commentator gig if he’s truly devastated about losing Football
no he couldnt.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:51 AM 09-17-2024
QB Tyler Hunter from Ravens practice squad is in for competition
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:41 AM 09-17-2024
He is not going to quit. He should but he won't. If/when he clears he needs to be required to wear one of those helmet covers. Maybe instead of a Dolphin logo on the side they go with a capital D and then "umbass" right under it.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:15 PM 09-17-2024
IR until week 8 at earliest
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:06 PM Yesterday
Heard on the radio last night that Tua has said he isn't going to retire. So we get to go through is again in the not-too-distant future. Whee.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:08 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Heard on the radio last night that Tua has said he isn't going to retire. So we get to go through is again in the not-too-distant future. Whee.
Of course he’s going to say that. Gotta get that bag. If he’s never medically cleared to play he still gets paid. If he retires, he doesn’t.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:09 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If it's true that he only get $43M if he quits, then I don't blame him. Troy Aikman had 10+ diagnosed concussions and probably a lot more undiagnosed concussions. But Aikman is doing just fine with a TV job these days.

Tua only needs to hang in there for 15 months and he gets an extra $51 million for 2025. February or March of 2026 is when he should quit. By then he will have $124 million of career earnings. See ya later NFL at that point.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If it's true that he only get $43M if he quits, then I don't blame him. Troy Aikman had 10+ diagnosed concussions and probably a lot more undiagnosed concussions. But Aikman is doing just fine with a TV job these days.

Tua only needs to hang in there for 15 months and he gets an extra $51 million for 2025. February or March of 2026 is when he should quit. By then he will have $124 million of career earnings. See ya later NFL at that point.

Yeah, tough to leave that kind of $$ on the table. Also tough to enjoy the $$$ if he takes another bad concussion and that one causes real brain damage, but it's his life.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:11 PM Yesterday

Only gets $43 million. Oh my God how will he survive?
[Reply]
DRM08 05:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Only gets $43 million. Oh my God how will he survive?
15 months to get an extra $51 million. Seems worth it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:20 PM Yesterday
15 months to get an extra $51 million. Seems worth it.
I don't know man. That last hit didn't look good. To be fair im not a doctor, I don't know what the risks are.

It's his choice though.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't know man. That last hit didn't look good. To be fair im not a doctor, I don't know what the risks are.

It's his choice though.
He should wear one of those goofy protective helmets. And stop lowering his head into defenders. Be smart for 15 months and then quit. The Dolphins are not gonna force him into medical retirement. They will medically clear him even if he should not be cleared. All about putting Tua in a spot where he loses the money if he quits. Miami owner is a typical scumbag billionaire.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:42 PM Yesterday
And there are some who suffered random hits as a 10yr old playing the game that were never diagnosed with a concussion yet experienced severe mental issues years later and committed suicide. Aikman is one experience, and these are another group.

I'm not one of these people here who says "what's the difference between 50mm and 100mm? They're both more than anyone will ever need" because the answer is, simply, A LOT.

It's a really charged situation for the guy.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:03 PM Yesterday
Honestly, the Dolphins should come to an injury settlement with Tua so he can go buy an island in Hawaii and go away to spend the rest of his life in paradise with his family.

The Tua situation has the potential to become a massive issue if the kid ends up taking a really big shot to the head. And that will happen at some point. If he were to die on the field, it could be disastrous for everyone involved as well as the league as a whole. There would surely be a full government investigation on player safety based on the timeline of events specifically with Tuas concussions.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:13 PM Yesterday
The dolphins should hope he walks with a settlement. Then they can tank, pick top 5 and try again.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up