ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Creed Humphrey Extension with Chiefs
SHOWTIME 06:18 PM 08-22-2024

Sources: The #Chiefs and Pro Bowl center Creed Humphrey have agreed to terms on a massive new deal to make him the NFL’s highest-paid center. pic.twitter.com/47C484DwuE

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 23, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - any extension will kick in after the rookie year is over. I can't think of any team that will offer an extension that tears up the final year of a rookie deal (or if it's even allowed).
Make sense
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:50 AM 08-23-2024
There's a reason you have 3 rings in the last 5 years and Mike Brown sits around sticking his finger in his ass and smelling it
[Reply]
Balto 11:41 AM 08-23-2024
All assume this means Smith will walk but don't forget Thuney will be 33 and save $16M in cap if let go after this season.

Veach could choose to keep Smith over Thuney /shrug.

OR Thuney could agree to a new team friendly deal that would keep him in KC for the remainder of his career while allowing to keep Smith as well.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 11:59 AM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
All assume this means Smith will walk but don't forget Thuney will be 33 and save $16M in cap if let go after this season.

Veach could choose to keep Smith over Thuney /shrug.

OR Thuney could agree to a new team friendly deal that would keep him in KC for the remainder of his career while allowing to keep Smith as well.
And 10.9 in dead cap
[Reply]
Hoover 12:03 PM 08-23-2024
Veach would do cartwheels if he would get Smith done IMO.

As noted the money shifts around but you keep the core of your Oline in tact and in place for the next four years and all you need to do is figure out one guard spot? Where do I sign!
[Reply]
Delano 12:09 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree. Smith is gone. Bolton depends on his play this year if we sign next year. We cant sign everyone. It is what it is.
If all you are doing is agreeing with 5 posts, consider give them a thumbs up instead of adding a redundant post to the thread.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:19 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
There's a reason you have 3 rings in the last 5 years and Mike Brown sits around sticking his finger in his ass and smelling it
You don't like the left tackle we let you have?
[Reply]
DRM08 12:20 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Veach would do cartwheels if he would get Smith done IMO.

As noted the money shifts around but you keep the core of your Oline in tact and in place for the next four years and all you need to do is figure out one guard spot? Where do I sign!
3 years. Jawaan Taylor’s contract goes through 2026 season and he’ll be a free agent in March 2027.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:37 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - any extension will kick in after the rookie year is over. I can't think of any team that will offer an extension that tears up the final year of a rookie deal (or if it's even allowed).
I assume he gets the signing bonus now so its spread over 5 year instead of 4?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:44 PM 08-23-2024
We'll go OG in the next draft to replace Thuney I think, and end up with a solid OL for next several years.... Kingsly, Thuney/Replacement, Creed, Smith, Taylor/Morris... we good!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I assume he gets the signing bonus now so its spread over 5 year instead of 4?
Y'know, i didn't think so.

But I went to look at Tua's extension and his bonus is spread over 5 years, INCLUDING this season. And he's on the 4th year of his rookie deal still.

So it would seem that you're right - learn somethin' new every day...
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:56 PM 08-23-2024
Well worth it. Don’t want to go back to the days of guys like Rudy Niswanger.
[Reply]
old_geezer 02:09 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
3 years. Jawaan Taylor’s contract goes through 2026 season and he’ll be a free agent in March 2027.
RT should be fairly easy to replace and Taylor is vastly overpaid right now for a RT.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:24 PM 08-23-2024
Happy for Creed and the Chiefs. Needed to keep him, and I’ll bet on a couple seasons we’ll look back this deal and feel like it was a discount.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 06:07 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
You don't like the left tackle we let you have?
He is certainly an upgrade to what came before him but it's a typical Bengals 1/2 measure. They would never sign a C to a record contract. No way in hell.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up