ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs restructure Taylor
siberian khatru 06:16 AM Today

With cap space tight after the DeAndre Hopkins trade, the Chiefs restructured the contract of OT Jawaan Taylor by converting salary into a signing bonus, creating $5.3M in 2024 room.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 25, 2024

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh, ok.

Do you think he is playing as a top 3 RT?

Brandon Thorn didn’t even have him rated in his top 16 RTs prior to the season.

If he’s 3, then he’s only behind Johnson and Sewell? Seriously?
No but hes probably not the 59th best tackle lol.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
No but hes probably not the 59th best tackle lol.
Did I ever say he was?
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM Today
Well, by saying 'PFF has him at whatever" yeah, you pretty much inferred you did.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Taylor is one of the top 3 RT's in the league.

He gets the early start penalties doing the same thing Lane Johnson does, but he doesn't get flagged.
He's a 74 overall in Madden. Not sure where you're getting your metrics from.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:33 AM Today
I suspect this is housekeeping the cap because I believe they were over with the DHOP signing.. Keeping the lights on as Veach likes to say… And I'm also not 100% sure they won’t make another move but it will not be a big one..
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, by saying 'PFF has him at whatever" yeah, you pretty much inferred you did.
No, I didn’t “imply” that I did. You incorrectly “inferred” it.

My point is that it’s probably somewhat unlikely that PFF has a guy who is playing at a level behind only Lane Johnson and Peneii Sewell ranked as the 59th best tackle. If you told me they had him in the top 30, I’d say he’s potentially in the range of conversation, but nearly 60?

I’m not even saying he’s having a bad season. His passblocking has been better. But that doesn’t make him a top-3 RT holistically.
[Reply]
-King- 10:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
People couldn't wait to ship Drob off, now they want him back because he scored 2 TD's?

lol
We thought we could get better. We didn't. Then we did and everything imploded. Now here we are.

When the chiefs were dominating on offense him going backwards was a major annoyance because we didn't really have any other issues. Now it would be looked at as a cute little habit our solid WR has :-).
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM Today
Clark wrote a check to Jawaan for free money basically so I think this move means another move is coming
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:42 AM Today
Oh, ok.

By ESPN's Pass Block Win Rate he's one of the best pass block tackles in the league.

[Reply]
JPH83 10:43 AM Today
No, I didn’t “imply” that I did. You incorrectly “inferred” it.

My point is that it’s probably somewhat unlikely that PFF has a guy who is playing at a level behind only Lane Johnson and Peneii Sewell ranked as the 59th best tackle. If you told me they had him in the top 30, I’d say he’s potentially in the range of conversation, but nearly 60?

I’m not even saying he’s having a bad season. His passblocking has been better. But that doesn’t make him a top-3 RT holistically.
Yep. Without the penalties he's fine, with them he's not. I've no idea how this idea has come about that he's some elite RT, which is what we're saying if he's top 3.

He's a million miles away from Sewell and Johnson. Guys like Braden Smith are still better and someone like Zach Tom is playing at a better level.

He's been decent in pass pro this year. He's NEVER been a top 3 RT.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Clark wrote a check to Jawaan for free money basically so I think this move means another move is coming
This. Hopkins fit under the cap already after TEN ate some of his contract.

Another move is coming.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:48 AM Today
Oh, ok.

By ESPN's Pass Block Win Rate he's one of the best pass block tackles in the league.

[Reply]
DRM08 10:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dude scored 2 TDs and the Rams beat the NFC darling. I bet they're not turning him loose, despite the fact they're still below .500.
With the Niners struggling, the Rams suddenly have a chance to win that division if they can keep their guys healthy.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

[
But again, that’s not the only metric by which you judge a RT. And even there, he’s not in the top 3!

And that’s ignoring penalties, run blocking, and the fact that the best pass rushers are naturally going to skew toward feasting on our LT situation.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:52 AM Today
But again, that’s not the only metric by which you judge a RT. And even there, he’s not in the top 3!

And that’s ignoring penalties, run blocking, and the fact that the best pass rushers are naturally going to skew toward feasting on our LT situation.
Oh I'm not saying he's a top 3 right tackle. Just that he's been good at pass protection.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up