ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone know Vrabel's 40 time?
SenselessChiefsFan 07:47 AM 03-02-2009
I personally believe that Tamba Hali will be an absolute stud in the 3-4 defense. I think he is similar to Mike Vrabel in that he never gives up on a play. He is very active and gives himself fully to the cause.

I have read that Hali is 'too slow'. Does anyone know what Vrabel's 40 yard dash time was? Or any of his drills? I am just wondering how they stack up to Hali's.
[Reply]
buddha 11:06 AM 03-02-2009
Tamba's done at this point.

He has never played LB or any other position where he doesn't have his hand on the ground. It's a rare player who can make that transition, and many have tried.

Tamba has done little to distinguish himself at any position, in any formation. He is no better than average amoung DEs in the NFL and he's probably not even that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
When he produces like Cromartie we can overlook that :-)
You have to admit that Hali had a decent rookie campaign, even with HORRIBLE coaching.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by buddha:
Tamba's done at this point.

He has never played LB or any other position where he doesn't have his hand on the ground. It's a rare player who can make that transition, and many have tried.

Tamba has done little to distinguish himself at any position, in any formation. He is no better than average amoung DEs in the NFL and he's probably not even that.
Actually, Hali played snaps standing up at PSU.

In fact, he's taken MANY snaps standing up in KC. They moved him all over the place his rookie season.

Can we at least be intellectually honest while we're tearing the guy down?
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 11:24 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan:
Who loaned it to you so you could watch Sanchez?
Come on, you just said that it's easy to say a guy will suck in Feb. and you will laugh come Dec. Now your being unreasonable, at least with Hali we've seen him play as a pro and got a feel for his skill set. The ONLY thing he has going for him is his motor.

Sanchez has yet to take a pro snap, how can you compare someone liking one player to the other?

Also, just because Pioli and the KC Staff went with Cassel does not mean they didn't feel Sanchez was worth the #3 pick, they might have felt Cassel would have been worth the #3 pick and they could get him and Vrabel for a second. You don't know what went on in there office, so please stop acting like you know what they were thinking.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:37 AM 03-02-2009
Well other than this guy and possibly KCJohnny.
Wait a minute.... Has anyone seen KCJ on here since this dimwit rolled in???

Dupe??
[Reply]
jidar 11:50 AM 03-02-2009
Um...

Hali has the potential to be a decent player in the 3-4 imo. Smaller DEs are the protoypical OL players in the 3-4, and that describes Tamba Hali. I don't really think he's as slow as people on here are saying either. He had the speed to get the sacks, just not size or the burst so he was pushed back.

Besides, he stood up all through college and he's stood up for the Chiefs, and he did well when he did. I recall he actually had a pass defense in fact. I'd be going out on a limb if I said he can definitely be a stud in the 3-4, but I think it's as much of a stretch to say that he definitely can't be good in the 3-4.

The potential is there, we just need to try it and see.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:33 PM 03-02-2009
Hali has taken snaps standing up.

But has he taken pisses standing up?
[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:35 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Actually, Hali played snaps standing up at PSU.

In fact, he's taken MANY snaps standing up in KC. They moved him all over the place his rookie season.

Can we at least be intellectually honest while we're tearing the guy down?
No. That is not allowed here. Move along.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:06 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Wait a minute.... Has anyone seen KCJ on here since this dimwit rolled in???
Yes, I'm sorry to say.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:48 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by jidar:
Um...

Hali has the potential to be a decent player in the 3-4 imo. Smaller DEs are the protoypical OL players in the 3-4, and that describes Tamba Hali. I don't really think he's as slow as people on here are saying either. He had the speed to get the sacks, just not size or the burst so he was pushed back.

Besides, he stood up all through college and he's stood up for the Chiefs, and he did well when he did. I recall he actually had a pass defense in fact. I'd be going out on a limb if I said he can definitely be a stud in the 3-4, but I think it's as much of a stretch to say that he definitely can't be good in the 3-4.

The potential is there, we just need to try it and see.
Hali fared well at the LDE position opposite Jared Allen. What made that work is that the threat of Allen coming often flushed QBs toward Hali--naturally, given that most right-handed QBs roll right. Hali didn't really have to track down QBs that much because QBs were usually moving toward his direction or at least "trapped" in the pocket.

It says a lot that he struggled big time when he was moved over to RDE, a position where speed is held at a much higher premium.

Hali's strength is his burst off the line and he's decently strong for his size. But having a quick first step is not the same as being fast. He is not a guy who can catch a guy in pursuit. This is the wrong position for him. He belongs as a rotational lineman at best. The Chiefs tried him out as a falcon before and it didn't work out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:54 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hali can't take on OT's 1-on-1. But he's played serviceably in the past at DE.

I have no reason to believe he can't be a backup/situational OLB in the 3-4. Every guy on this team can't be a Tier 1 starter. You need roleplayers. Sure, it would have been nice if we hadn't spent a 1st-round pick on a roleplayer, but them's the breaks. It happens.
Hali's only role would be to serve as a rotational DE if the Chiefs choose to mix 3-4 and 4-3 looks. I don't think they will.

There's no reason to go with Hali. He's a 4-3 DE. He'll do fine on some other team as a rotational DE. But you shouldn't try to mold a square peg into a round hole with Hali. He put up an atrocious 40 time at the combine, and while speed isn't everything, you can't play in a LB role with a 4.8 40 time. You just can't. Not when Demarcus Ware and Merriman are running it in 4.6 or below.
[Reply]
EyePod 09:20 PM 03-02-2009
Tamba Hali gets beat by QB's around the end...if you think he can play OLB in a 3-4 I feel bad for you the guy is a marginal starter in a 4-3 defense let alone a 3-4 defense.

I'm ready to be rid of the guy. 40 time or not Tamba Hali plays slow.
I think he's a great backup. But that's it. Definitely not living up to his potential (or at least where he was drafted...)
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 09:21 PM 03-02-2009
Tamba Hali gets beat by QB's around the end...if you think he can play OLB in a 3-4 I feel bad for you the guy is a marginal starter in a 4-3 defense let alone a 3-4 defense.

I'm ready to be rid of the guy. 40 time or not Tamba Hali plays slow.
Whether you like him or not, he plays till the whistle unlike many NFL players.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:22 PM 03-02-2009
That's nice he tries hard...

I could careless about that I care about his talent level.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 09:41 PM 03-02-2009
His talent level is far superior to anyone else on the team at that position. Hali had a bad year, so he is no officially a bust? How about we give him a try with a DC that can actually whipe his own ass.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up