ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we be more worried about the Jets?
gordonelloyd 08:23 PM 07-09-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:58 PM 07-10-2024
at the most they will be a speedbump on the way to a Three-fucking-peat!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:43 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
It’s good to see my post has attracted some attention. We really need to start getting back into football talk.

I was somewhat disappointed in a lot of my fellow posters for the hate That was showing up in the first several pages of replies to my reasoning that the Jets are probably going to be better then many expect, depending of course on Rogers. But it was good to see the discussion eventually mostly moved beyond the hate and in most cases instead put forward some actual facts and argument and reasoning.

And don’t get me wrong. I am quite convinced the Chiefs, barring injury to Mahomes, will repeat. But I think that if this board is going to be worth reading, we need to have rational discussion about what teams we are more concerned about and less concerned about.
You are in the red. Thats a big red flag to the community that you are a troll or came here to just talk shit.

We have several opposing teams fans post here. They have serious discussions without trolling us. Maybe change your posting style if you truly are here for the discussion.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:02 AM 07-11-2024
It’s good to see my post has attracted some attention. We really need to start getting back into football talk.

I was somewhat disappointed in a lot of my fellow posters for the hate That was showing up in the first several pages of replies to my reasoning that the Jets are probably going to be better then many expect, depending of course on Rogers. But it was good to see the discussion eventually mostly moved beyond the hate and in most cases instead put forward some actual facts and argument and reasoning.

And don’t get me wrong. I am quite convinced the Chiefs, barring injury to Mahomes, will repeat. But I think that if this board is going to be worth reading, we need to have rational discussion about what teams we are more concerned about and less concerned about.
Teams I'm less concerned about: Every NFL team not named the Chiefs

Teams I'm more concerned about: Your parents for deciding to have offspring
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:37 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You are in the red. Thats a big red flag to the community that you are a troll or came here to just talk shit.

We have several opposing teams fans post here. They have serious discussions without trolling us. Maybe change your posting style if you truly are here for the discussion.
Not everyone in the RED are trolls. Some are just shit posters... Or Dumb.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 07-11-2024
If Rodgers is good, the Jets will win the east. They've got the best roster.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:04 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Literally no. To everything you just said.
Well I can hardly counter the superior logic of that argument.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:08 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
So what you're saying is IF Mike Williams stays healthy (spoiler alert: he's only done that one season in his entire career) and IF Rodgers reverts to mid 2010s form, the Jets offense becomes so unstoppable that they still finish second in the division to the Bills, who have basically lost everyone on their roster besides Josh Allen? Am I reading this correctly?
I'm a big believer that you get two IFs. If you have any more than two if's, you're dreaming too much.

As far as the Jets being a very tough out this year, there's only one if: Aaron Rodgers' health. So long as he's healthy (and, who knows), they're going to be very tough to beat. They've got a great defense, a great running game, and with Rodgers, that gives you a great QB. That's basically the Chiefs of last year, and we won the Super Bowl. (I'm not as crazy about their coaching, though.)

If Mike Williams returns to, say, 85% of his form, that gives them two very good WRs and takes them to another level. Right now you can probably throw all your resources at Garrett Wilson and be good to go. Williams at 85% negates that.

But as you said, Williams simply can't stay healthy. So I wouldn't count on them being that good. But so long as Rodgers is upright (and I never said return to his form from a decade ago, but he did win back-to-back MVPs just like 2-3 years ago), they're going to be a very tough opponent, just on the cusp of Super Bowl contention.

Edit: I still believe the Bills win the division.
[Reply]
loochy 09:09 AM 07-11-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.

Are you fucking retarded?
[Reply]
KCJake 09:09 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Rodgers is good, the Jets will win the east. They've got the best roster.
100%. This is looking way down the road but come playoff time, a healthy Rodgers lead Jets team is more dangerous than a Lamar Jackson lead Ravens team
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:10 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There it is, folks. We beat the Jets in the AFC Championship on our way to another Super Bowl.
:-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:11 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
100%. This is looking way down the road but come playoff time, a healthy Rodgers lead Jets team is more dangerous than a Lamar Jackson lead Ravens team

In the playoffs yeah, because Lamar always shits the bed when the lights are brightest.
[Reply]
Otter 09:15 AM 07-11-2024
Seeing as how we don't even play them in the regular season...no.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:15 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Imagine trying to get under the skin of those enjoying the **** out of this dynasty by calling this place Arrowhead Pride because you're sad we no longer have a pile of shit to cry about every season... yikes.
Please.

Insomuch as I have quibbles, they aren't with people "enjoying a dynasty."

They're with people incapable of football discussion.

"The Chiefs are good, all other teams are jokes." These are the same people that make GDTs insufferable.

So long as this is a discussion board, I'll poo-poo the people who want to shut down discussion.

If the mission statement of the board changes, alert me.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:18 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I'd go:
Chiefs
Bengals
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Texans
Jets

I could see the Texans missing the playoffs. The perfect trifecta of the "Sophmore slump"... Texans coaching staff and second year studs.

I guess the Jags could turn some heads, I just don't like that Lawrence looks like an Avatar character.
I think the Ravens win the AFC's top seed this year again.

1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. Texans
4. Bills
5. Jets
6. Bengals
7. Steelers

So long as the Chiefs remain healthy, I like their ability to make the Super Bowl. I think they have the Ravens' and Bills' number and call me crazy but I think the Texans need juuuuust a little more seasoning. They're probably the second or third best team in the AFC but their QB is still so young.

I really only trust the Jets or Bengals to challenge us, but both of them need healthy QBs to keep up with us, and who knows on that score.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 11:18 AM 07-11-2024
Rogers believes jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

The Jets certainly can’t melt the AFCE, let alone the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up