Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>7/23/24 Daily Training Camp Thread
Buehler445 05:50 AM 07-23-2024
Let’s go.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:07 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought the same then wondered if contact on the QB is even allowed at this point..?
Hell no LMFAO!
Yeah free rushers are hitting the franchise out there in camp...
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:13 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How much do they decrease the risk of concussion? **** if it is even a little, then I hope every single Chiefs player does.

Looks like it does decrease that risk pretty substantially.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-to-give...r-season-games

The NFL announced on Friday that players will be permitted to wear Guardian Caps during regular-season games in an effort to increase player health and safety and prevent head injuries.

"We now have two years of data showing significant concussion reductions among players who wear Guardian Caps during practice so players will be permitted to wear the cap during games this upcoming season," Jeff Miller, NFL EVP overseeing player health and safety, said in a statement on Friday. "Additionally, there are new helmets this year that provide as much – if not more – protection than a different helmet model paired with a Guardian Cap. These developments represent substantial progress in our efforts to make the game safer for players."

Seems like they should just require the ****ing things.
Cue the "Might as well put tutus on the players!" crowd. Until like 3 weeks into the season, when the new helmets will seem normal and everyone will forget how mad they were.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:13 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Tua should, but man that would be so bizarre to see a QB wearing one of those in a real game.
The NFL says this:

"The league said when the Guardian Caps debuted in 2022 that they can reduce the force from head contact by 10% if one player is wearing it, and 20% if all players involved are wearing them."

They have had 2 years of studies now that show they decrease concussions pretty well.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 07-23-2024
Toney getting passing reps at RB is smart. He was actually good doing that last year.

Would rather have Toney doing that then CEH
[Reply]
BWillie 02:33 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Didn't the NFL say players can wear these Guardian caps during season games if they choose to? I wonder if any will.
Caleb Williams definitely will.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:35 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Cue the "Might as well put tutus on the players!" crowd. Until like 3 weeks into the season, when the new helmets will seem normal and everyone will forget how mad they were.
How much do they hurt the QB vision passed the line or WR trying to catch the ball if he does affect that just intergrat them in the helmet somehow so they are not as noticeable, they used to play in leather helmets I’m sure the modern helmets took some getting used to.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:35 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Toney getting passing reps at RB is smart. He was actually good doing that last year.

Would rather have Toney doing that then CEH
It makes a lot of sense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:06 PM 07-23-2024
Hell no LMFAO!
Yeah free rushers are hitting the franchise out there in camp...
I didn’t think so but then I read the other day that Burrow was cleared for contact.

I realized then that I don’t know much about the rules of training camp.. though I assume the Bengals were just letting everyone know that Burrow was cleared to play in preseason and regular season games, not necessarily get roughed up at practice.
[Reply]
In58men 03:40 PM 07-23-2024

The first running back to get reps after Isiah Pacheco during the first-team run period with the Chiefs today was Deneric Prince, per @pgsween

Prince, a former UDFA, ran ahead of former first-round pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire pic.twitter.com/Zuj0P3MYhi

— SleeperNFL (@SleeperNFL) July 23, 2024

[Reply]
crispystl 03:43 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I didn’t think so but then I read the other day that Burrow was cleared for contact.

I realized then that I don’t know much about the rules of training camp.. though I assume the Bengals were just letting everyone know that Burrow was cleared to play in preseason and regular season games, not necessarily get roughed up at practice.
I'm just busting your balls dude.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:44 PM 07-23-2024
Tua should, but man that would be so bizarre to see a QB wearing one of those in a real game.

I would much prefer Tua learn how to protect himself. Crazy concept, I know . . .
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:53 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Good call, this is the time to see what if any steps forward he's taken
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 04:09 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Tires being kicked.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 07-23-2024
Prince has been getting reps with the 1s going back to OTAs. I wouldn't be so quick to dismisss him possibly being RB2, and he's clearly there favorite for RB3.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:31 PM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Prince has been getting reps with the 1s going back to OTAs. I wouldn't be so quick to dismisss him possibly being RB2, and he's clearly there favorite for RB3.

I never saw Prince as a direct replacement if Pacheco ever got injured.

I always thought of Prince's role and usage being closer to McKinnon in this offense.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up