ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the saints
big nasty kcnut 05:29 PM 09-29-2024
Time to ruin Derek Carr week.
[Reply]
ChiefEd 05:53 AM Today
Five of us flying in tomorrow. Downtown area for football (and baseball) all day Sunday, Game Monday, Home Tuesday. My brother is a long time Saints fan, so we try and go when they play every four years…

I’m not worried about us containing their offense, but not sure how much we’re gonna score with our depleted offense. Kareem Hunt’s homecoming could be key there…

Hope to meet/see some of y’all at Arrowhead…

Peace!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:29 AM Today
Carr for whatever reason has had some insane games against the chiefs

I think new look spags is quite a bit different though.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:42 AM Today
3-14 Chiefs
1-8 at Arrowhead
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:11 AM Today
Welcome back Khalen Saunders! Keep enjoying the 2 SB championship rings. Too bad you won’t be getting a third with the Chiefs this year. Pretty sure Andy will send you a pick of his. :-) You’re a good guy. Good luck when you’re not playing KC.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:14 AM Today
Only have 4 healthy WR's now. Sounds like Remigio is going to get his chance.

Mecole Hardman (knee) won't practice today. Everybody else will work.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) October 4, 2024

[Reply]
Poppy 11:37 AM Today
saints fan.

When Taysom goes out, our offense dies. It seems like when he is in the game we score at will. When out, we look lost. We get no TE involvement. Our D has been IMO, the best in the league. Last week, no touchdowns scored against and only one against the Eagles i beleive. Our pass rush is a lacking, but our back7 is top 3 in the league with our secondary probably being the best. Of course Mahomes will really test this being the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
This is going to be a really fun game when the Chiefs have the ball, because there are so many former Chiefs on the other side of the ball.

I actually like the Saints defense quite a bit? They're lacking a bit at passrusher, but their defensive interior has a lot of talent, they have one of the better linebacker corps in the league, and their secondary is talented and smart.

The truth of the matter is, I have no idea how we'll perform against them, because while the Chiefs are clearly the better team, this is the first game we'll be entering without 3/4 of our best offensive weapons. If the Saints sell out against Kelce, can the Chiefs capitalize with Worthy? If the Saints drop deep to contain Worthy, can Kelce eat against a really good LB corps?

I am optimistic, but I don't know the answer to that right now.

On offense, I think Derek Carr will do Derek Carr things. He'll have two drives where he slices and dices us, probably both of them in the first half. Then by the second, Jones and Wharton will collapse the interior, Spags will send a few blitzes, and Carr will be lost.

Olave will probably not burn us, since McDuffie is All World right now. I am not super concerned about Kamara either, since the Chiefs are a fantastic run stopping outfit right now.

I imagine the Saints will be able to put up 17 points on us? Look amazing for a quarter and a half until Spags gets a bead on them. And even without 3/4 of their top offensive playmakers, I'd bet on the Chiefs to top that.
I'm starting to change my perspective. I'm starting to think this game is going to be a low-scoring upset.

I know that'll go over like a lead balloon. I stand by everything I said about the Saints offense -- it wouldn't surprise me if they put up 17 points and that's it.

It's not immediately clear to me how the Chiefs plan to pass the ball on this team. Gay is out, it sounds, but they are a very good secondary. This defense is among the league leaders in the NFL in generating turnovers. Their secondary is physical and very smart.

Unless the Chiefs run them over on the ground, I don't know how we're going to get much offense going. They need to establish the run, because the Saints back seven is talented and smart, but other than Lattimore they're not particularly fast. This might let Worthy get loose a time or two.

This game is more coin-flippy than I thought it was going into the week. But the more I've watched the Saints secondary, the worse our beat-up weapons look in a matchup against them.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:06 PM Today
We're going to see "Pissed of Mahomes" on Monday Night, I'm not sure what his stat line will be but he'll be precise and polished. IMO, it'll look different in a good way
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:11 PM Today
Jody Fortson has been activated.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Only have 4 healthy WR's now. Sounds like Remigio is going to get his chance.

Good. Let's see if he's got anything to offer. Sometimes guys are just good football players.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:00 PM Today
Kansas City, I am here!

Staying at the La Quinta up by the airport and looking forward to doing some exploring this weekend.

Spotted a Minsky’s a couple of blocks away. That brought back some memories from my days at CMSU. Don’t know what Minsky’s reputation is theses days-don’t particularly want to give myself food poisoning right before the game.

Decisions, decisions.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up