ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rumor circulating that Jerod Mayo is going to be fired
Mecca 01:26 PM Today

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

"Sources have informed me that within the next 48 hours, Jerod Mayo will be removed as head coach of the New England @Patriots."https://t.co/rKX1AzOLt1 pic.twitter.com/IoApoV40nf

— The Kirk Minihane Show (@kirkminshow) October 23, 2024

Not sure how reliable this source is but there is a ton of smoke out there that Mayo is an arrogant douchebag that has already broken the locker room.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:25 PM Today
Has any tweet with a billion red sirens at the top ever come true? Genuinely asking I don't use twitter lol. Most of the ones I see are clickbaity politics dooming.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fuck Belichick.

Like that dude was always out there singing his players praises to the press. He'd absolutely barbecue dudes to the media and in many ways he was worse. He'd do it on an individual basis and I think that's dirty pool.
Oh, I agree. But having the guy that's still probably pretty respected up and down that org just ripping on Mayo for that probably tanked any credibility he had left, especially if the locker room was already teetering.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A first time black HC getting fired 7 games in?

There will definitely be accusations. Rumors of him being a jackass aren't enough, just like they weren't with Flores.
Mr. Reddit doesn't live in reality.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Stop while you are behind.
I'm gonna stop but it isn't because I'm behind. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You feel similarly about Antonio Pierce? Pretty similar path.
I would want AP fired today except at his current rate, we will be picking top five. I don't need any interim magic wins like last year ruining draft position.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, I have already acknowledged that you are saying you agree with me:

The point is that you supposedly agree with me, and disagree with UChieffy, but the difference in how you respond doesn't reflect that at all. I don't think that's because you actually disagree, it's because you're an "anti-racist" so even though you agree with me and disagree with UChieffy, you have to coddle him and lecture me for pointing out the obvious.
UChieffy is an idiot; I feel no need to coddle him whatsoever. My response wasn't to him, but to the THOUGHT of Joe Judge. Honestly, though, I probably shouldn't have responded to you, either, as it appears you are likely cut from a different side of a similar cloth.

I think I'll just call it good and let you retards return to populating the lounge with shit that clearly doesn't belong here.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:29 PM Today
Oh wait, are we saying gun was a good dc under vermeil? Because I’m not sure any assistant has ever had the kind of blank check he had to go buy groceries. And yet our defense was underwhelming. We spent a bajillion dollars on guys that gun insisted would be great. He was a good complement to Marty not a guy who could run his own show
[Reply]
staylor26 02:32 PM Today
UChieffy is an idiot; I feel no need to coddle him whatsoever. My response wasn't to him, but to the THOUGHT of Joe Judge. Honestly, though, I probably shouldn't have responded to you, either, as it appears you are likely cut from a different side of a similar cloth.

I think I'll just call it good and let you reeruns return to populating the lounge with shit that clearly doesn't belong here.
Orr you can just eat a dick bundle of sticks.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:35 PM Today
When your predecessor was a giant, no matter how hard he fell, it’s really tough to fill those shoes.

The Patriots got rid of Bill because he wasn’t effective anymore. So their solution is guy who only knows Belichick and patriot way shit his entire pro and coaching career. Oh, and he’s defense minded too. He’s everything Belichick is, but not Belichick. If that’s your guy, why didn’t you just keep Belichick, who has a faaaaaar bigger track record of success?

It’s like when we fired Marty and promoted Gunther. Marty without the head coaching experience. Hey great, thanks Carl. Awesome hire, jackass
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:37 PM Today
I see we already had the Gunther talk. Sorry, my bad guys
[Reply]
Shields68 02:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I honestly thought there was a way that might work out for him.

But I didn't realize he'd already fractured the lockerroom.

You can pull that lever occasionally. But your team has to give a shit if you're calling them out and you should probably not do so if you haven't made physicality or something along those lines a point of emphasis in prior team meetings.

I mean even in his first season when the Lions sucked for the first 2/3 of the season, Campbell would occasionally say similar things but the players would respond positively because they believed in HIM.

There is a way to do it when you aren't naming names but you have to have the organizational capital for players to be shamed by it. If you don't, the players aren't shamed, they just think you're a prick who's throwing them under the bus because you're in over your head.

If there's even a shred of truth to the 'teachers pet' stuff mentioned early in the thread, he's gotta go. Because he'll never get that team back. If that situation is legit, he needed to be out there taking bullets for them to earn that level of trust.
It was never a good plan to call them soft in public. That was never going to work. To me the ownership and Mayo seemed to focused on Bill and trashing Bill. If he was a bad GM, i get it, then clean house and rebuild. But to retain everyone, sit on a pile of cap money and then expect results ....
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:39 PM Today
I'm not even sure why the PATRIOTS would be so interested in hiring a Patriot/Belichick guy. They tend to make shitty head coaches.
Well that’s the trap every single bellichick gm and coach made. I don’t know how anyone can see this as anything but this. That culture is so embedded in the organizations dna that I imagine Kraft spit at the thought of tearing down every aspect of that culture he had built. The hiring decision was made because he was one of the top bellichick guys left who hadn’t had this shot yet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:41 PM Today

I think I'll just call it good and let you reeruns return to populating the lounge with shit that clearly doesn't belong here.
That's one thing everyone can agree on, amirite? UChieffyTurdBurger is one of the biggest racist pieces of shit on this site.

Also I definitely think there are racist owners that don't want to hire black coaches or minority GMs, but this isn't close to that situation. Kraft was clearly obsessed with Mayo. The team just hates Mayo so much and I'm sure Kraft is hearing it from people in the organization and the players. Easier to get rid of the coach instead of kicking out all the players.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by Shields68:
It was never a good plan to call them soft in public. That was never going to work. To me the ownership and Mayo seemed to focused on Bill and trashing Bill. If he was a bad GM, i get it, then clean house and rebuild. But to retain everyone, sit on a pile of cap money and then expect results ....
It was never a good idea for HIM to do it...clearly.

But there are guys that can and have, and it's worked. Even new coaches have had it work out well for them.

I think this is a situation where the team just doesn't like him and he didn't read the room. And WASN'T actually trying to encourage them, but rather throw them under the bus.

There are guys that do it as a motivational tool. Then there are assholes that do it to cover for their own failings (Oliver Marmol, I'm looking at you).

It appears pretty likely that Mayo is the latter.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:45 PM Today
New England fans deserve 100 years of pain and suffering. That might not be enough, honestly. They have 28 rings combined in the last 70 years from the Celtics, Patriots, and Red Sox.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up